Cuddling when sleeping....

Replies

• CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    I'm obviously one of the minority. I like to cuddle, spoon, snuggle, etc. when going to bed.

My sweetie (wife) doesn't so much. She says I suck up all her air and it bothers her to lay in one position too long. She likes her space. Probably will get a bit better once we are a little smaller.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Been separated for a while so it hasn't been an issue in quite some time. But I would get annoyed when trying to actually sleep. If not ready to sleep yet, it's good though.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    NOPE! We even go to the extreme of having separate blankets because apparently I'm a blanket hog so he'd wake up freezing with me all cocooned on the other side. LOL! He'll put his arm over me once in a while and I do love the cuddles but I just can't sleep like that so it doesn't last long. After about 10 minutes I get all fidgety which is usually enough to wake him up a bit so he rolls away.

When we first met, we tried sleeping in a twin bed together since that's all either of us had. It was cute being all cuddled up and all that but we both finally had to admit after a few nights of discomfort and little sleep that it was rediculous. Thankfully it wasn't long until we moved in together and got a Queen sized bed.
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    We used to. We never fell asleep unless his arm was around me.

Not so much now. I need at least 6" of space. Night sweats and hot flashes are no joke. I can't have anyone near me.
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    I am serious skin to skin cuddler.

spooner...

contact.
    so warm and mmmmmmm

This!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Kinda sorta. I don;t know. Haven't tried in a long while. Hmm. . . might be time to attempt to gather more empirical data
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    I used to be able to fall asleep all intertwined and in super weird positions with a previous partner but not with my husband. Maybe it is because I am older and am just not as comfortable to be all intertwined anymore or maybe it is that my husband radiates body heat and having a sweaty ear and arm are not the best for a comfortable nights sleep LOL. We are content just being close enough to touch but still sleeping comfortably.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    yea I'm that way too and I'm glad my husband is as well. We do cuddle and cuddle in bed but when its time to sleep, we both like our space (have a king size bed and still end up kicking each other because we spread out and move a lot....and steal covers :D).
    My oldest daughter is leaning that way too, she will kick us out of her bed when she is ready to sleep after story time, but my youngest.....she is 19 months old and we just got her out of our bed and into her own bed...and she still won't go to sleep without cuddling. Just last night she woke up 3x and I had to lay with her til she fell back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    That just sounds horrible.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Hubby and I have been together 20 years so we have been cuddling for a long time. When we were in college I had a single bed, so when he stayed over we had no choice but to cuddle. :laugh: Now we have a california king and still enjoy our cuddling while watching tv...or you know...:wink: , but when its time to go to bed we enjoy our space. :smile:
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    I'm terrified to since I kick and thrash about in my sleep xD
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    My boyfriend and I are very cuddly! ...except when we want to sleep. It's usually a kiss goodnight, and we both roll over to sleep on our tummies and hug our pillows. Haha! We save our hugging and canoodling for our waking hours.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Yeah I'm the same. Hubby can fall asleep cuddled but that arm on my hip just feels like dead weight and now I can't turn over or around so I feel like I'm trapped lol. Light sleeper too so maybe that's part of it.

Edit: although we share a full sized bed and he's a big dude and the cat sleeps in the bed even so I guess we do cuddle in a kind of overlapping arm type way...
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    NOPE Give me my space - I'll lay next to him and cuddle for awhile when falling asleep - but to sleep comfortably we both need our space; we have a King Size bed and both of us take our sides. Ironically we both sleep on our right sides so we're back to back.

Sometimes in the mornings if its cold I'll go over to his side and spoon him from behind and fall back asleep, but only when its cold. I can't sleep if I'm too hot.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    I cannot live without cuddles and might cuddle a bit while falling asleep, but through the night I'm a furnace so I tend to wiggle away pretty quick. Most of my cuddling happens while awake. :P
  • christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Im definitely a cuddler!
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    i love to cuddle
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    start cuddling, end up on either sides of the bed, myself usually hanging close to the edge with my gf taking up the rest of the bed all stretched out like she's doing a snow angel lol.
  • temptingbiter
    temptingbiter Posts: 21 Member
    I love being held while I sleep!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I love being held while I sleep!
    Would hold you while you sleep based on your AVI. :tongue: