Replies

• KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I can't be touched, everyone in their own sleep bubbles :P
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    do not touch me !! i want to sleep quietly wrapped in my own blanket. touch me not not not not.
  • skhuu
    skhuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need my space when I sleep. I'm also a kicker and blanket hogger. Luckily my husband works night shift and we have opposite sleeping schedules most days in a week. It makes our marriage work.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sooooo glad I posted this!!!!! Lol
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I have fallen asleep in someones arm before and I don't mind it. I would welcome it :)
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    My fiancé and I are the same. We are cuddly people, and love to cuddle in bed, but when it comes to actually going to sleep, we need to roll apart and get comfy our own way. I'm a restless person in bed because I have insomnia, so I like to move from one side to another, about a hundred times a night lol. He has to be lying on his right side to get properly comfortable. Yay cuddles, boo sleeping cuddles!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    l like to be cuddled right up until I am falling asleep, then I feel trapped and want out. My husband is an insomniac anyway, so he doesn't mind being freed from the cuddle for the next three hours he'll be awake. It's a good system.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I too, cannot stand it! I get hot when I sleep and roll around, can't get comfortable, and just need my space. A big body next to me feels like a space heater trying to smother me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You are not alone (as you see from a lot of other responses). I love cuddling with my husband before it's actual sleep time but then I want my own space. In fact, it's amazing to me that I'm able to share blankets with my husband. I've been with other people before (even married before) and I could NEVER even sleep under the same blanket, I always had to be cocooned up in my own comforter or quilt alone in order to actually sleep.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Surely I cannot be the only one who cannot do the whole cudding to sleep thing?

I really do LOVE a good cuddle / snuggle when in bed with my hubby, but I just cannot fall asleep like that. My hubby always says to me "I would love you to fall asleep in my arms, snuggled against my chest" but I just can't. I can't even have his arm around me, to be able to fall asleep I have to be on my own in my half of the bed.

Maybe it's because I am such a light sleeper??? Anyway, surely I cannot be the only woman like this. Anyone else the same?? (hoping I am not just a weirdo LOL).

I can't do this because my sweetie is ULTRA-FURNACE MAN™, so even in the dead of winter I kick him away from me in my sleep. He's fuzzy, warm, and has a bulky upper body - when he wants to cuddle, it's like being clutched by a tiger. (Darth Tiger, because of the CPAP, ha!)
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Nope. Cant fall asleep touching anything besides sheets.

I am hot all day. My metabolism is a freakin furnace. Touching all night is too much.Thankfully, my body heat keeps all would-be cuddlers at a safe distance.

My arm falls asleep in about 30 seconds of cuddling anyways.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It's fine until somebody's arm goes to sleep. We try but usually end up wriggling away from each other.:blushing:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood and temperature of the room. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. Boyfriend is the same way, so it works.
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My wife's like that too so I have to cuddle one of our pugs that likes to sleep between our pillows.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Bought a California King bed for one reason.....................sleeping space. Cuddling is for the couch, movies, etc. Not for sleeping.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I wish!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    NOPE Give me my space - I'll lay next to him and cuddle for awhile when falling asleep - but to sleep comfortably we both need our space; we have a King Size bed and both of us take our sides. Ironically we both sleep on our right sides so we're back to back.

Sometimes in the mornings if its cold I'll go over to his side and spoon him from behind and fall back asleep, but only when its cold. I can't sleep if I'm too hot.

You both sleep on your right sides, so you're back to back...and...head to toe? WHA?
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When I was married we didn't even share the same room. Now I love spooning with my girlfriend till we fall asleep
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Married 32 years - Queen size bed - we touch feet, but I move around a lot from my back to my sides and switch pillows every time (don't ask - neck/back issues due to car accident) so cuddling/spooning is usually reserved for 15 minutes or so in the morning after the alarm goes off & we listen to the radio, then do stretches together, then get up.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I like to cuddle. With my pillow. :laugh:

a79.jpg