Any young black women looking to get thin?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I really don't get this.

If a black woman wants to connect with other black women. LET HER. ENCOURAGE HER.
    If a christian wants to connect with other christians... LET THEM
    If a person who is 5'0 wants to connect with other 5'0 people... LET THEM
    If someone wants to connect with other people who have 100 pounds to lose... LET THEM

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE YOU CAN RELATE TO.

Geeze people
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Just saying....

If someone started a thread with the title, "Any YOUNG WHITE people looking to lose weight?" Then proceeded to try to exclude any non-"white" posters, wouldn't they be seen a racist?

It seems there is inequality in the perspective of political correctness here. It's a blurry line that leads to a never-ending debate. Nobody ever wins this one.

My advice to OP:

There are websites dedicated to people who choose to be identified by nothing more than their, "color." This is not one of them. If you're going to start a thread here, be ready to include all members of all walks of life. By not doing so, you are the one discriminating the excluded party based on the color of their skin.

And to add to this...it is also against the guidelines and the reason that MFP allows for Groups.

It's really not.

There is a black person success thread that was looked into and upheld by the mods, who determined it no different that '5'4" apple shaped women with PCOS' threads. It is not against the guidelines AT ALL and has total moderate/site support.
    yep...and rightly so.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, just in for the comments before the lock.

article-0-18BAC49E00000578-738_634x382.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Just saying....

If someone started a thread with the title, "Any YOUNG WHITE people looking to lose weight?" Then proceeded to try to exclude any non-"white" posters, wouldn't they be seen a racist?

It seems there is inequality in the perspective of political correctness here. It's a blurry line that leads to a never-ending debate. Nobody ever wins this one.

My advice to OP:

There are websites dedicated to people who choose to be identified by nothing more than their, "color." This is not one of them. If you're going to start a thread here, be ready to include all members of all walks of life. By not doing so, you are the one discriminating the excluded party based on the color of their skin.

And to add to this...it is also against the guidelines and the reason that MFP allows for Groups.

It's really not.

There is a black person success thread that was looked into and upheld by the mods, who determined it no different that '5'4" apple shaped women with PCOS' threads. It is not against the guidelines AT ALL and has total moderate/site support.

apple-bottom-jeans_o_801009.jpg
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    As a "typical white male" I find the apprehension of trying not to be "racist" makes me act more differently than I would have if just treat someone "different" in any way as if I was colorblind.

I find usually trying "too" hard makes me treat anyone differently if at all, and I often hope this is not too transparent.

I know personally I act and post things on my feed that are very cynical about race relations/stereotypes and the like because I wish things didn't have to be that way.

But I find it hard when situations come up to know how I am "supposed" to respond.

That said, I probably try too hard to treat all people the same.
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just saying....

It seems the inequality lies in the perspective of political correctness here. It's a blurry line that leads to a never-ending debate. Nobody ever wins this one.

My advice to OP:

What about all the groups for just men or just women? What about the groups based on body shape? Do you go into threads about that and tell people they're discriminating?

Or is it just a problem when it relates to race?

I feel if the exclusion is based on something a person did not choose, such as gender or race, then it becomes a problem.

If the exclusion is based on people with similar interests in choices, such as gaining muscle or losing fat, then it morally constitutes as acceptable.

Of course, when it comes to this topic it is always subjective. One thing is for sure; by accusing an entire population of people to be racist, the result is the most disgusting form of stereotyping and hypocrisy known to mankind. People of all "colors," can relate to each other. We are all human.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I heard I could get a date in here?
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just saying....

My advice to OP:

It's really not.

If this was a Jewish man wanting to connect to other Jews keeping Kosher while dieting, noone would say boo. The OP is fine- her cultural experience and the norm for beauty in that culture really are NOT the same as a white american. And, yes, people do tend to be pulled towards people/mates who look like them . There have been studies that validate we are coded that way. I like men who look "Mediterranean" - like George Clooney cause I'm half-Arabic and I think dark, olive complexion, dark hair and strong facial features (aka, high cheeks and hawk nose) are good looking. *shrug*
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I heard I could get a date in here?

:laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. This discussion is welcome to continue in groups.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Ninerbuff
This discussion has been closed.