Milk Vs. Water

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I actually greatly prefer skim milk to whole or even 2%. My oldest daughter is the same. We go through 4 gallons of milk every week or two at my house, two skim and two 2% for the little ones.

Skim milk tastes like water. :sick:

And I find whole milk super thick and gross. It leaves a film on the glass! Ew.

You simply aren't hardcore enough for the amazing deliciousness that is whole milk.

I mean, you might as well drink soy milk if you're gonna drink skim.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I actually greatly prefer skim milk to whole or even 2%. My oldest daughter is the same. We go through 4 gallons of milk every week or two at my house, two skim and two 2% for the little ones.

You simply aren't hardcore enough for the amazing deliciousness that is whole milk.

Okay, now we're getting into fighting words. I will not drink soy milk. :grumble:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

4b8427ba45fc2706f5ad3e803fbfa10014c345c6667b787f84605dd0b23145a6.jpg
  • Achrya
    Options
    I'm sorry, you two are right. That was low, that was real low.

Let's all just agree cow milk is best milk and be friends.
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    I like extra fatty organic Channel Islands milk
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Okay anyone corrects me, I'm not claming for be a scientist or an expert of any kind. But here is my arguement on the whole milk vs. Water thing

Now from what I could imagine, there are more than one type of milk. And depending on the amount of "stuff" you add in your milk, it may make the milk to be more concentrated than your body cells (hypertonic). As a result, water from your cells could be drawn OUT in order to dilute the extra cellular environment. And you get DEhydrated.

Well. Okay. That's my hypothesis. I don't like milk but at the same time I admit that milk isn't bad for the human by any mean. And yes it is perfectly natural to eat/drink other animal's nutritional products, because we aren't cannibals. Just want to throw out a POSSIBLE explanation to his madness.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This thread is delivering in ways I didn't even imagine :drinker:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    so does crystal light count as water or not?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

No. Only milk and beer. Have you even been paying attention?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

No. Only milk and beer. Have you even been paying attention?

Makes sense...

...because light beer tastes like water much like skim milk does.

Neither one should be consumed by humans...because unnatural.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Tell that to all the milk fed babies in the world.
    Milk is nearly indigestible for children under the age of 1. I doubt very much that non-breast fed children are having cow's milk before that age.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Tell that to all the milk fed babies in the world.
    Milk is nearly indigestible for children under the age of 1. I doubt very much that non-breast fed children are having cow's milk before that age.

:huh:
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Okay anyone corrects me, I'm not claming for be a scientist or an expert of any kind. But here is my arguement on the whole milk vs. Water thing

Now from what I could imagine, there are more than one type of milk. And depending on the amount of "stuff" you add in your milk, it may make the milk to be more concentrated than your body cells (hypertonic). As a result, water from your cells could be drawn OUT in order to dilute the extra cellular environment. And you get DEhydrated.

Well. Okay. That's my hypothesis. I don't like milk but at the same time I admit that milk isn't bad for the human by any mean. And yes it is perfectly natural to eat/drink other animal's nutritional products, because we aren't cannibals. Just want to throw out a POSSIBLE explanation to his madness.

So ... Babies are cannibals?

I was going to post how stupid this thread is but the people acting as a vehicle for the stupidity have self destructed. I feel cheated out of a good rant.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whole milk? Pffft....

Real milk still has the cream in it....

2014-06-1615_44_35-tjkitchensonInstagram.jpg
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    I just scanned all the thread to see that no one brought up the fact that milk is loaded with sugar (milktose) and has way more calories than water. Water doesn't have many calories at all. but water has trace amounts sugar (H2Ose).
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I just scanned all the thread to see that no one brought up the fact that milk is loaded with sugar (milktose) and has way more calories than water. Water doesn't have many calories at all. but water has trace amounts sugar (H2Ose).

-dafuq-.gif
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Personally try to avoid milk as often as I can. It's unnatural for us to drink the milk of another animal, but as long as you aren't lactose intolerant it really shouldn't be a problem. Moderation is key. I drink almond milk. Skim milk only on cheat days. There are many other "wheys" to get your protein (see what I did there).

it's unnatural for you to be on the internet, but that hasn't stopped you yet.

Such a weird stance when here they are on the internet, wearing clothes, driving cars, buying already slaughtered meat at a grocery store. Yeah, those things are all suuuuper natural.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options

errrr...heh??

Milktose?

Water has sugar? And calories?

:laugh:
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm preeety sure milk sugar is called lactose boyo.

Lol ... Milktose. I may not stop snigering for an hour.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Milktose.

That has to be a joke, right?