Milk Vs. Water

Options
123457»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just scanned all the thread to see that no one brought up the fact that milk is loaded with sugar (milktose) and has way more calories than water. Water doesn't have many calories at all. but water has trace amounts sugar (H2Ose).

Well...

um...

OP is actually trying to gain weight so he wants calories.

Yeah. I'm going to go with that.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Milktose.

That has to be a joke, right?

You'd hope, but this thread is so full of :noway: it's really hard to tell :frown:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Milktose.

Milk Toes?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Milktose.

Milk Toes?

I was thinking milktoast.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    guys really need to stop drinking soy milk
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Personally try to avoid milk as often as I can. It's unnatural for us to drink the milk of another animal, but as long as you aren't lactose intolerant it really shouldn't be a problem. Moderation is key. I drink almond milk. Skim milk only on cheat days. There are many other "wheys" to get your protein (see what I did there).

it's unnatural for you to be on the internet, but that hasn't stopped you yet.

Such a weird stance when here they are on the internet, wearing clothes, driving cars, buying already slaughtered meat at a grocery store. Yeah, those things are all suuuuper natural.

Wait, there's supernatural meat?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    so does crystal light count as water or not?

No. Only milk and beer. Have you even been paying attention?

Makes sense...

...because light beer tastes like water much like skim milk does.

Neither one should be consumed by humans...because unnatural.

Pish posh. Natural light is natural. It's right there in the name.
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh man...
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Personally try to avoid milk as often as I can. It's unnatural for us to drink the milk of another animal, but as long as you aren't lactose intolerant it really shouldn't be a problem. Moderation is key. I drink almond milk. Skim milk only on cheat days. There are many other "wheys" to get your protein (see what I did there).

it's unnatural for you to be on the internet, but that hasn't stopped you yet.

Such a weird stance when here they are on the internet, wearing clothes, driving cars, buying already slaughtered meat at a grocery store. Yeah, those things are all suuuuper natural.

Wait, there's supernatural meat?

Unicorn meat, duh.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    This thread is like a Reese's PB Cup. Two great arguments (milk is evil, water is the one true source) that go great together.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just scanned all the thread to see that no one brought up the fact that milk is loaded with sugar (milktose) and has way more calories than water. Water doesn't have many calories at all. but water has trace amounts sugar (H2Ose).

H2Ose...hahaha, SWEET!
  • ErnestDecker
    Options
    IF we talk about milk, then 85-90% of milk is water, but I would still advise drinking water separately. I drink a lot of water daily, but I never feel that it hydrates me.
    Now, I think drinking a lot of milk in general being a good idea, that's a matter of your opinion. Personally, I think it should be not good to drink that much milk. Around 70% of people have a reduced ability to process lactose to some degree, even if minimal. Therefore, I think dairy should be minimized in any diet.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this thread turned out pretty funny. You guys can stop trolling now :)

So all in all: milk is great for bulking.

Milk also contains water, so it hydrates you almost as much as water does.

I'm currently sipping on a large glass of 2% skim milk... plan to drink many more before bed.

Going on, I actually bring up the issue of lactose intolerance here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1317021-got-milk

Someone responded that everyone is lactose intolerant, but only to a certain degree, some higher than others.

However, if I drink milk, I will still get the protein someone else said (which is all that matters).

I don't think my degree of lactose intolerance is high. I mean, when I first started drinking lots of milk, I would fart a lot and have lots of liquid poos, but I don't really get that anymore, so maybe my body adapted to the large intakes of milk that I was feeding it overtime.

Also, I looked up the symptoms of lactose intolerance, and there were some pretty extreme symptoms, such as vomiting and stomach-aches. That must suck...

What I wanted to talk with you guys was the fact that my trainer said that the carbs in milk are "bad". I'm assuming he means like the same kind of carbs that you get when you drink juice or eat a doughnut?
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I can't stop loving this thread. It's just so beautiful.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

I'm currently sipping on a large glass of 2% skim milk... plan to drink many more before bed.

Someone responded that everyone is lactose intolerant, but only to a certain degree, some higher than others.

However, if I drink milk, I will still get the protein someone else said (which is all that matters).

I don't think my degree of lactose intolerance is high. I mean, when I first started drinking lots of milk, I would fart a lot and have lots of liquid poos, but I don't really get that anymore, so maybe my body adapted to the large intakes of milk that I was feeding it overtime.

Also, I looked up the symptoms of lactose intolerance, and there were some pretty extreme symptoms, such as vomiting and stomach-aches. That must suck...

What I wanted to talk with you guys was the fact that my trainer said that the carbs in milk are "bad". I'm assuming he means like the same kind of carbs that you get when you drink juice or eat a doughnut?

Your trainer is an idiot - there is nothing wrong with the carbs in milk, there is nothing wrong with the carbs in doughnuts either to be honest.

You are bulking - drink all the milk you want :flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Milk before bed is great. The boost to IGF before you hit the sack can only be beneficial to GH/test production and muscle repair and growth.

There's sugar in milk, but there's also sugar in fruit so unless fruit is evil too, I don't see the logic.

Also, for the delusional; all mammals will drink milk if given the opportunity - it is a nutrient rich, delicious source of protein. Most of them haven't worked out how to milk other animals, however. On that note, some birds drink directly from the udders of the livestock they live on.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Your trainer is an idiot - there is nothing wrong with the carbs in milk, there is nothing wrong with the carbs in doughnuts either to be honest.

You are bulking - drink all the milk you want :flowerforyou:

This - your trainer is a fool. How would the carbs in milk be bad? If you like milk, drink it.