Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Discussion of cardio acceleration by some happy body builders:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153236441

Or should I say unhappy responses.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So all kidding aside. What exactly is your goal here? Are you on a cut? You on a bulk? Are you trying to cut fat AND build muscle at the same time? (Your mfp body building buddies will tell you the last is almost impossible, btw) Are you trying to get more fit cardio vascular wise?

I hear you saying you still eat unhealthy foods. I take that back, you still crap unhealthy foods. What is "unhealthy"?

My expert opinion of cardio acceleration (which is based upon just googling it 10 minutes ago for the first time and skimming a couple random articles) seems like some kind of fad. But even if it wasn't, I can tell you if its gonna work for you or not because I am not sure what your goals are. And regardless if this is fad or not, without the proper nutrition, it's all gonna be a lot of crock no matter what.

If you are cutting, (trying to burn fat) no matter how many rope jumps you do in revolutions per minute ain't gonna mean a whole squat if your calories in is greater than calories out. Are you trying to maintain muscle mass while on a cut? Dude, where's the protein? Are you getting in a g of lean protein per 1 lb of your lean body mass? All basics which if you were serious about this that all needs to be answered.

I hope you are not trolling here by the way.

We can make that the new topic. So you cannot build muscle and burn fat at the same time. That impossible right. BTW that is my goal. Body recomposition where fat loss is more than the muscle gain. TO body recomposition which I have already done before using MFP, very easy, takes a semi decent good nutrition. My goals, the nutrition almost needs to be perfect.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    We can make that the new topic. So you cannot build muscle and burn fat at the same time. That impossible right. BTW that is my goal. Body recomposition where fat loss is more than the muscle gain. TO body recomposition which I have already done before using MFP, very easy, takes a semi decent good nutrition. My goals, the nutrition almost needs to be perfect.

That was my point.

Regardless if you jump rope in between your bench press means very little if your nutrition sucks.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options

That was my point.

Regardless if you jump rope in between your bench press means very little if your nutrition sucks.

^ This exactly - I am going out on a limb with this, but I take it your tracker has never been adjusted right?
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    If recomposition is your goal, then buy Lyle McDonald's book. The author of that phrase says it's NOT easy.

But I don't know. I am a believer of bulk/cut cycles personally. This cardio acceleration things sounds like a fad to me.

if you want to lift, concentrate on lifting and increasing your weights each week. If you want to to cardio, do it on it's own and do a good job at it. If you trying to cut, watch what you eat. Simple as that.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options

That was my point.

diary was open earlier... and the OP nutrition is hard to evaluate as he doesn't track food.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options

That was my point.

Here goes my Swiss Rolls eating plan... Out the window.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    We can make that the new topic. So you cannot build muscle and burn fat at the same time. That impossible right. BTW that is my goal. Body recomposition where fat loss is more than the muscle gain. To body recomposition which I have already done before using MFP, very easy, takes a semi decent good nutrition. My goals, the nutrition almost needs to be perfect.

That was my point.

ok unhealthy foods IMO are energy dense foods with little of no nutrients. Or the ratio for nutrients to calories is real far in range.

If you are looking at my food log I do not use it all the way because I do not need it to lose weight yet. Maybe on last ten pounds when fat is low trying to lose more fat will be more difficult.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I use my food log to keep the streak going on how long weight loss is taking. No other reason. Your right weight loss is very simple.
  • _Resolve_
    Options
    We can make that the new topic. So you cannot build muscle and burn fat at the same time. That impossible right. BTW that is my goal. Body recomposition where fat loss is more than the muscle gain. To body recomposition which I have already done before using MFP, very easy, takes a semi decent good nutrition. My goals, the nutrition almost needs to be perfect.

That was my point.

ok unhealthy foods IMO are energy dense foods with little of no nutrients. Or the ratio for nutrients to calories is real far in range.

If you are looking at my food log I do not use it all the way because I do not need it to lose weight yet. Maybe on last ten pounds when fat is low trying to lose more fat will be more difficult.

But you understand that body composition changes are made by macro changes within your nutrition.. right? So in order to hit macro changes accurately and have "perfect" nutrition then tracking everything you eat is a good start..
  • CrusherKun
    Options

That was my point.

Think about it this way bro....food is fuel...if you put in high quality gas in your vehicle, it runs at optimal efficiency. But, if you put in old stale gas that you had sitting in your jug over the winter, you will have very very VERY poor efficiency. So how is that going to help your fitness level?!?
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    I use my food log to keep the streak going on how long weight loss is taking. No other reason. Your right weight loss is very simple.

But yet you aren't concerned about losing weight??? and 22 lbs in a year? Gotta a trophy hunter here folks!
  • yopeeps025
    Options

That was my point.

diary was open earlier... and the OP nutrition is hard to evaluate as he doesn't track food.

That because MFP is only here to guide us. Not everyone needs it to lose weight.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

But yet you aren't concerned about losing weight??? and 22 lbs in a year? Gotta a trophy hunter here folks!

22 pounds in 77 days.
  • CrusherKun
    Options

22 pounds in 77 days.

Now just imagine if you had proper nutrition! (not taking anything away though....that is 2lbs a week so bravo - but that's the only kudos I can give at this point)
  • _Resolve_
    Options

That was my point.

That because MFP is only here to guide us. Not everyone needs it to lose weight.

if you think weight loss is the only reason to track what you eat then you seriously need to stop typing and go read about what roles macro-nutrients play. I'm not trying to give you a hard time at all, but really.... just stop and go read up on nutrition.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

22 pounds in 77 days.

Now just imagine if you had proper nutrition! (not taking anything away though....that is 2lbs a week so bravo - but that's the only kudos I can give at this point)

I am doing body recomposition on the way so my calorie are not always in deficit. I went in the bod pod before. I plan on going sometime this month. It is going to confirm what I know which is I have build muscle mass and burn fat.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

That was my point.

if you think weight loss is the only reason to track what you eat then you seriously need to stop typing and go read about what roles macro-nutrients play. I'm not trying to give you a hard time at all, but really.... just stop and go read up on nutrition.

I took nutrition in this past spring and got a B. I eat healthy nutrient dense foods choices more often than energy dense foods. Do I need to log that I eat 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies to know that I am eating healthy.
  • _Resolve_
    Options

That was my point.

I took nutrition in this past spring and got a B. I eat healthy nutrient dense foods choices more often than energy dense foods. Do I need to log that I eat 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies to know that I am eating healthy.

For body re-composition, yes you do. Everything you eat should be tracked and you should pay VERY close attention to your macros.

I'm happy for your test scores, i am speaking from experience.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

That was my point.

For body re-composition, yes you do. Everything you eat should be tracked and you should pay VERY close attention to your macros.

I'm happy for your test scores, i am speaking from experience.

Did you only do CICO with exercise in your experience or did you do CICO with exercise and a big emphasize on raising metabolism?