Are you friendly to others while working out?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I don’t work out at a public gym, so it’s rather a moot point for me. However, from time to time I do use base gyms and I am somewhat of an extravert so I don’t shy away from at least acknowledging others in the gym or on the beach when I’m working out there. Of course if I’m running and I cross paths with another runner I always ack them. Otherwise, I have a rather simple rule of thumb for me that I apply this to others as well; if I have my ear buds in and I’m not making any eye contact then I’m deep in concentration so please hold off on all forms of comms. But if I’m taking a water break or finished with my workout please feel free to approach, I promise I won’t bite (unless request to do so). :tongue:
    The only other time I may open comms with someone else while they are working out is if they are using something that I need as well and only to ask how many more sets they have so I know if I need to move on to something else, if I have something else left that is to say. And as etiquette I wait until they are done with their current set before engaging them.
    But if someone does ask me a question, if there’s no quick answer and I’m in the middle of my W/O I politely tell them that if they can wait until my W/O is over I would gladly talk with them and answer any questions at that time. No matter what I’m always polite (or try to be), that’s just how I was raised.
  • fauxpunker
    fauxpunker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think the paintings of Thomas Kinkade are awful and trite.
    God- I thought I was the only one!

It's always amazed me just how prolific that "art" was/is.

Especially considering that most of it was painted by his apprentices.

But if it weren't for Kinkade, how would mall-based "art stores" stay open. Think of the malls!