Five guys....ffffffffff

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    There are some around here. The fries are the best I've had because they make them for each order, not in batches. Since I've been doing MFP, I've read the nutrition info on the site and just doing that has diminished the appeal for me. I've done the little hamburger maybe twice and no more fries. I'm okay with that, it was good but not worth the numbers.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The fries are pretty good, but they refuse to cook the burgers anything othe than well-done, so I'm spared temptation. I like my burgers, at the most, medium rar.
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The fries are pretty good, but they refuse to cook the burgers anything othe than well-done, so I'm spared temptation. I like my burgers, at the most, medium rar.

Medium rare - best way to have a burger in my opinion. Need a little more heat than rare on most burgers, so medium rare hits that spot.

I've gone to restaurants and said I want my burger medium-rare and they say that don't do that etc, then I ask them if they don't trust their suppliers at that point. Granted, bad meat can happen to good distributors, but still......
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    fatburgers is amazing
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

Medium rare - best way to have a burger in my opinion. Need a little more heat than rare on most burgers, so medium rare hits that spot.

I've gone to restaurants and said I want my burger medium-rare and they say that don't do that etc, then I ask them if they don't trust their suppliers at that point. Granted, bad meat can happen to good distributors, but still......

That reminds me of how Fuddruckers used to be when I was a kid. You could get your burger bright red in the middle if you wanted to eat it that way. Forget about asking for that now. I also seem to remember a display window into the back that had hanging sides of beef and a grinder. Coincidence?
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I tried Five Guys away from home. (Aka out of state) Eh. According to the hubs, it wasn't quite the same as the version back home. I guess I'll have to give it one more try locally.. or just be thankful that I didn't immediately fall in love with it! :laugh: I loved the Coke machine, though!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I've had better
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Whenever I've eaten there, I've order the small hamburger lettuce wrapped (instead of on a bun). It cuts quite a few calories.

For those who live in Colorado, have you tried Larkburger? I think it's much better than Five Guys and seems a tad healthier too!:smile:
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I used to get the ostrich burger at fuddruckers, but I think they discontinued them.., my favorite burger is one made by my old man, he has a secret seasoning that he uses, also uses 80 20 ground beef and grills them using natural wood charcoal.
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Five Guys has, in my opinion, the absolute best fries in the industry. And that's the reason I don't go there any longer. Their fries are my kryptonite. I have no willpower when it comes to them. I get the large and then they dump in that whole extra tray of fries right into the bag and I'm like holy **** that's just 4,000 calories of pure delicious heart attack.

I love the burgers, too, but man, holy hell, those fries!
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wasnt impressed, greasy way to exspensive. Im not a ground beef fan no taste, i process my venison burger myself and have been eating that for so long that nothong comparez flavor wise.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What do you mean?

I love Five Guys. Actually haven't had it in a few months, might go for a burger tomorrow, mmm. How are their fries? I'm allergic peanuts so I can't have them.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Because we go to the much better In n Out instead

in-n-out_animal_style.jpg

In n Out better than Five Guys????? Oh, I don't think so.

five_guys_tulsa_food.jpg
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    There's one near my home & my husband goes every week ...... by himself ......

I love burgers, but not here ...... hate the smell ...... even those pix makes me sick ..... blerk !
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Five guys.... more like Fat guys.. They should rename themselves. Their burgers are tasty I've had several since they've existed but then I checked the macros on it recently and.... yikes.. Safe to say, if I need fat.. I know where to go.
    I only went once. I don't mind fat but holy cow-- the fries portion. They literally handed us a brown bag, normal size, HALF FULL OF FRIES. I think that was a side of fries. It was crazy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Five guys.... more like Fat guys.. They should rename themselves. Their burgers are tasty I've had several since they've existed but then I checked the macros on it recently and.... yikes.. Safe to say, if I need fat.. I know where to go.
    I only went once. I don't mind fat but holy cow-- the fries portion. They literally handed us a brown bag, normal size, HALF FULL OF FRIES. I think that was a side of fries. It was crazy.

What really sucks about Five Guys is that they make you eat all of the fries they give you before they let you leave the restaurant...

(...and they almost always give you extra fries like that. It's like their signature.)
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

What really sucks about Five Guys is that they make you eat all of the fries they give you before they let you leave the restaurant...

(...and they almost always give you extra fries like that. It's like their signature.)
    Yep, but I figured out a way to beat them at their own game.

I bring my kids, and instead of us each getting fries, I let the kids have some when no one is looking. The staff thinks it's me eating them, but really the three of us get our share from one small order.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Shake Shack > Five Guys
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Because we go to the much better In n Out instead

in-n-out_animal_style.jpg

OMG! That's my favorite!!

Five Guys is good but it just tastes like the burgers I make from home. In N Out is heaven.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    So I'm in the Uk and we seem to now be getting a few of these Five Guys restaurants... one just opened near where I work, I thought I would try it out. Great burgers but omg, gonna have to run like a billion miles now. How do you Americans cope?

I'm fortunate to not like that type of food. I don't care if one works out a lot and burns off the cals etc. It's just not good food to eat for health...my health anyway.