what is it with my wife?!

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So OP- Did you have a discussion with your wife?
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people care if she's depressed or bored.

If I get depressed or bored, I still grab my coffee, put my fat butt in the car and drive to work.

Being depressed or bored does not negate responsibility.

Spoken by somebody who hasn't suffered through depression....

ETA:

funny-gif-dog-sheet-rolling.gif

Whoops, replied to wrong post. but I agree with this "Being depressed or bored does not negate responsibility." Taking into account the people who actually suffer from depression, for a lot of people depression is the new black.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I spent so much time following these posts that I haven't done any of the things I meant to do today -- cleaned the bathroom, wash the kitchen floor, folded the laundry, stripped the beds. I guess my husband should divorce me.

On a side note, I totally cleaned all that yesterday. Bathroom, kitchen, it was awful. But when I walked into the bathroom this morning, I was all "ahhhh, that's nice."
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I did...and surprisingly she sounded receptive to the idea of a chore schedule or list... so I'm picking up a whiteboard after work today so we can hang it and get everything laid out this weekend.

It went far smoother than I thought it would...it may have helped that I brought flowers and dinner home from work with me though. lol
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I did...and surprisingly she sounded receptive to the idea of a chore schedule or list... so I'm picking up a whiteboard after work today so we can hang it and get everything laid out this weekend.

It went far smoother than I thought it would...it may have helped that I brought flowers and dinner home from work with me though. lol

Best of luck. :)
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

LOL, yes, the dinner and flowers probably helped a good bit! Smart man.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Oh, and this - http://flylady.net/ <----this site helped me get some chores lists together a few years ago. I don't follow all the guidelines and schedules, but it gave me a lot of ideas and just generally has helped me to organize.

SAHMs can have tough jobs, for sure - my daughter, for one, will not tolerate "just put her in a playpen and do what you need to do" - separation anxiety is real.
    Hang in there!