Hubs finds me physically unattractive i need motivation.

Options

Replies

• caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I would never say that to my wife, even if it were true... That's ****ed up, I would find a way to motivate her more, not put her self esteem down to the ground.... Its just not cool! Hey listen, there's men that like big woman, so if he goes, you'll find someone better...

Spoken by a TRUE MAN.... we need more like you!!

Thank you, thank you! Your very kind!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    How is this helpful? Why even bother posting? ****!

It's about has helpful as you wanting to "beat him up"
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

How is your post helpful? All you did was brag about how you wouldn't treat your woman like that and threaten to beat someone up. :ohwell:
  • caesar164
    Options
    If your bf doesn't love you at your "worst" he most CERTAINLY doesn't deserve you at your best. You need to do this for YOU and YOU alone. Yes, do it for your kids, yes, your hubby/bf will benefit by your self confidence gain, but sorry, he sounds like a douche nozzle for even saying that to you. YES he should make her feel good about who she is. PERIOD. This comes from a happily married 8 years, together for 13 years couple. My hubby has always told me he "doesn't mind" those extra rolls as long as I am "into" our intimate relationship. I know OBVIOUSLY he is more attracted to my more fit body (which has more to do with my confidence), BUT, the fact that he loves me no matter what, made me realize I am worth it for ME. I don't NEED to change for HIM! Our relationship can only improve when I improve me, but I know we are still ok if I stay just the way I am. Seriously. He's a douche nugget. Can't get over it.

This right here is what its about! You hit it right on the head! I personally think its not about just the weight, I think her relationship may be in trouble..
  • caesar164
    Options

It's about has helpful as you wanting to "beat him up"

Oh god you people are boring, it was a joke, jeez..
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I would never say that to my wife, even if it were true... That's ****ed up, I would find a way to motivate her more, not put her self esteem down to the ground.... Its just not cool! Hey listen, there's men that like big woman, so if he goes, you'll find someone better...

Caesar,
    Thank you for being the first man to speak some real truth. I am disturbed by this as well.

Never... ever... never should a man speak to his woman as this. Truth or not. I would hope to heavens it wouldn't be true, cuz love is supposed to go well beyond just mere physical attraction and what KEEPS you physically attracted to your mate. Its a choice to love and with that decision is a commitment to everything that comes with it, including physical attraction. It is a choice to continue to love someone your entire life, which is what you committed to when you said your marriage vows.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

This.

I'm hoping he's told you he will step up and watch the kids while you go out and hit the gym/walk/run.

He HAS done that, right?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you shared your husbands feelings with us. I find it hard to believe anyone would find his "honesty" to be "admirable."

I find how honest he was, and how she took his honesty to be very admirable.

Should he have lied?

He shouldn't have even gone there. Now she's gonna go try and lose weight, might fail, and there he will be with his honesty and it will be her fault that "he's not attracted to her."

What if she asked him?

Not then either. For her own sake as well. What if she fails?

So if she fails, it's his fault?? You are already setting the stage for scapegoating.
  • WLG1974
    WLG1974 Posts: 90
    Options
    The question is "Do YOU want to lose weight?". You have to want it and you have to want it really really bad in order for that to happen.

From experience, losing weight doesn't last if it's for someone else. You have to want this for yourself.

I'd really ponder this and look at it from your own perspective not his. It's not his body and he doesn't have to live in it, you do. If you're happy in it then there's no need to change.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

Caesar,
    Thank you for being the first man to speak some real truth. I am disturbed by this as well.

Never... ever... never should a man speak to his woman as this. Truth or not. I would hope to heavens it wouldn't be true, cuz love is supposed to go well beyond just mere physical attraction and what KEEPS you physically attracted to your mate. Its a choice to love and with that decision is a commitment to everything that comes with it, including physical attraction. It is a choice to continue to love someone your entire life, which is what you committed to when you said your marriage vows.

I don't THINK he ever said he didn't love her anymore?
  • midas1022
    midas1022 Posts: 151
    Options
    Being honest and being verbally abusive are two different things. I am sorry that he told you the way he did.
  • caesar164
    Options

Caesar,

If he truelly loved her he wouldn't be so hurtful and insensitive! You know how devastating for the person that you love to tell you he or she doesn't find you attractive?? You have ice running through your veins...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Firstly is he your boyfriend or husband. Your profile say one thing and this post says another. Your profile was created a little over a year ago so if he was the boyfriend then why on earth did he marry you in that time if he isn't attracted to you. Your husband needs to check himself, It's not you that has a problem

Does it really matter? They are in a committed relationship with 4 children and are likely considered common law anyway, does a marriage certificate really change anything?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you shared your husbands feelings with us. I find it hard to believe anyone would find his "honesty" to be "admirable."

I find how honest he was, and how she took his honesty to be very admirable.

Should he have lied?

He shouldn't have even gone there. Now she's gonna go try and lose weight, might fail, and there he will be with his honesty and it will be her fault that "he's not attracted to her."

What if she asked him?

If she fails, he'll still love her and support her when she's ready to give it another go because it sounds like that's the kind of healthy relationship they have.
    Physical attraction is not the end all be all, companionship and friendship are.

Though it is a nice bonus to be sexy and see sexy in those relationships.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

Caesar,

If he truelly loved her he wouldn't be so hurtful and insensitive! You know how devastating for the person that you love to tell you he or she doesn't find you attractive?? You have ice running through your veins...

I have lived it first hand.

My Ex-fiance left me because I let myself go, turned into a drunk, and she wasn't attracted to me anymore.

Her doing that was the best thing that ever happened to me. A wake up call.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

So if she fails, it's his fault?? You are already setting the stage for scapegoating.

Why would it be his fault if she fails? I never made that suggestion, I'm not sure how you inferred that from anything I've said. If she fails, because of this "honesty", it will be her fault her husband continues to not be attracted to her. She'll only have herself to blame. That's the entire logical flow of his "honesty". which is why he shouldn't have ever gone there. It's either blackmail or a recipe for an unloving, even a spiteful marriage.
    You can see where this kind of honesty goes. All the way to "Hey, baby, you stayed fat, so it's your fault that I jerk off to other woman, fool around, etc etc."
    Why invite that?
    Not all honesty is good, Not every feeling anyone has needs to be shared in the share circle.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    He may be being honest, but honestly, he sounds very shallow.
    Someone's weight makes very little difference in how attractive I find them, up to a point ie: as long as they are not so big they are bed-bound and unable to do normal activities, it doesn't bother me.
    I would think this should be doubly true of someone I was married to and had children with, but I've never been married, or had kids, so what do I know...
    I have been in long term relationships with men who were significantly overweight, and it never made me less attracted to them.
  • caesar164
    Options

Caesar,

I have lived it first hand.

My Ex-fiance left me because I let myself go, turned into a drunk, and she wasn't attracted to me anymore.

Her doing that was the best thing that ever happened to me. A wake up call.
    That's good that it motivated you to change, but this is different, she's not stinking drunk or a meth addict,she's a mother of four!! There's a difference, you letting yourself go and being a drunk, you pretty much wanted her to leave, no one is going to put up with that, and you sound like you were a mean, and condescending drunk...
  • nikiste
    nikiste Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    this is my second attempt to lose weight and get back in shape. Last night i had a conversation with my husband, he confessed to me that he doesn't find me physically attractive! :/ He loves my personality and my "beautiful" face other than that... my physical appearance is an eye sore. I have 4 kids, I'm the biggest i've ever been!
    His words might seem cruel but i know its his honesty, which I admire.
    I need help! I need to get fit!
    I lack the motivation and the knowledge when it comes to exercise and nutrition.
    It's good that you guys are so open and honest with one another, but if you're going to do it, you HAVE to do it for you. It has to come from within you. I've tried and failed so many times, because I was only doing it to be more attractive by society's standards, but if you want this to stick, it has to be so much more than just what someone else thinks of you. It has to come from a desire to be a better you, inside and out. Do it for you, honey.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Caesar,

So he should've just lied, then?