Silly things that annoy you!

Options

Replies

• RainyAM
    RainyAM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - laughed out loud reading all of these.

All my pet hates have been covered - glad to see I'm not the only one!

Another thing that annoys me is when my partner doesn't take empty cups/glasses out of the lounge into the kitchen at night before he goes up to bed ... don't know why it really gets my goat but I guess it's because I'm always the one squirreling round after him picking things up ... grrrrrr!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Peopla that aren't really listening to you. They're just waiting for you to pause long enough so they can jump in a nd steer the subject towards them.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Personalized license plates that I can't figure out.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    PeOpLe WhO TyPe LIkE ThIs! SeRiOuSLy WtF!
  • miss_jillian
    Options
    I'm with you!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    PeOpLe WhO TyPe LIkE ThIs! SeRiOuSLy WtF!

How about those that

Do.this.to.make.a.point.
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny. I have so many, but here are a few:

1. The mother in sweats who walked her children into the preschool every day with the bluetooth device in her ear. The funniest part of that is there was no cell reception in the school. She looked like an idiot.

2. Bad spelling. Call me ignorant, but I just don't understand how people can't spell these days. My 7 year old daughter spells better than most adults.

3. Parents who don't discipline their children. Don't let your kids call me by my first name (Miss Jennifer is just fine though), don't let them run around a store, make them sit in their seats at a restaurant, the list is endless. It almost makes me sad when people seem so surprised that my young children are so well-behaved. They are expected to be polite, uninterrupting, well-spoken kids. Nothing less is accepted in my house. They are also happy, playful and friendly. You can have it both ways.

4. Kids watching movies or playing a DS at a restaurant. If you can't sit and have a family dinner without the electronics you need to re-evaluate things. My exception to this is if you're with adults and want to have a long lingering dinner. I have allowed my children to bring out the DS after dinner in this situation. Back to basics people. Talk to your kids! Bring paper and let them draw! Get their heads out of the electronics!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    This would have been easier to answer if it asked .... what doesn't annoy you?! TOM's on his way, so EVERYTHING annoys me right now :-)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    people who say " i struggle to eat 1200 calories!"
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options

2. Bad spelling. Call me ignorant, but I just don't understand how people can't spell these days. My 7 year old daughter spells better than most adults.

How about people who rely on spell check for their spelling?! Double check people- even spell check screws up!!!
  • ready_for_a_change
    Options
    The moving road block, two cars driving side by side at the same speed which is slower than the rest of traffic causing a huge back up, get your slow butt over!!!!!!!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    This would have been easier to answer if it asked .... what doesn't annoy you?! TOM's on his way, so EVERYTHING annoys me right now :-)

smiley-shocked003.gif
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    People who don't respect my personal space bubble... do you really have to stand 2 inches from me to have a conversation?? You're suffocating me!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    People who don't respect my personal space bubble... do you really have to stand 2 inches from me to have a conversation?? You're suffocating me!
    Even worse when you back up and they don't take the hint but follow you. Makes me stabby.
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    People who walk REALLY slowly! I've got somewhere to go, get out the way!

Also, people who think it is OK to stop in the middle of the pavement or walk in a line, taking up the whole pavement! Argh!

I think walking on the street, mall, whatever should be like a lane on the highway....slow traffic move to the right lane! If you want to window shop etc. please realize the rest of the world has somewhere to be. The grocery store kills me, do not stop in the middle of the aisle please! If you want to liesurely stroll through Walmart knock yourself out, but I just want to get in and get out.
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    People who scrape their forks & spoons against their teeth...that sound drives me up the wall!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Random people who send friend requests with no messages. I don't know you. Why do you want to be my friend?!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Oh! And people who write asked when they really mean arsed.

And like - I'm so like sorry like innit bruv

Poor English really annoys me as well!

And 'sentence fragment' on word - well sentence fragment is also a sentence fragment! So there!

LOL @ sentence fragment rant :]

Here are mine:

People that can't form an opinion annoy the hell out of me. I'd rather know we disagree than deal with a human that doesn't bother to think.

People that try to treat our kids like teeny babies. The women in my neighborhood are raising a bunch of future men that will be afraid to ride their bike if it is 'cold' or be touched by water when it's sprinkling! They won't die if the weather touches them!!! Just dress them properly and be smart.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all these but oh man I could add a few!!!

When my husband hangs towels over the door.... So then to close the door I have to take his towel to the bathroom and hang it up where it goes...

When people pull out in front of me when there is not a single car for miles behind me

When girls wear cotton leggings that stretch out during the day, they have bunches around their knees and droopy drawers

When people call or text me between 7:45 and 8:00 in the mornings.. HELLO you know I'm trying to get to work!

When people contradict themselves... My SISTER IN LAW is the worst... One second she'll say, "Man I gotta go to the gym and work off all this spaghetti I just ate.." She weighs maybe 105lbs but then the next second she'll turn around and say, "I really try to gain some weight, I just can't" or another one of her contradictions, "I am so over going out, I'd rather just stay at home like you guys and drink a glass of wine and go to bed early..." Then she'll tell me how she went to the bar Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and got drunk... REALLY?? I don't care either way but pick one side and stick to it!

That's just a few of my annoyances! I think I'm getting crotchety as I get older! :smile:
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The constant cries of starvation mode on MFP :tongue: :bigsmile: