Silly things that annoy you!

Options

Replies

• SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Family members that allow their kids to have a Facebook account and then let them send a friend request.
    Hate having to always be G rated on there.

I denied the requests to anyone under 18 who requested me. I don't care if it hurts their feelings - their parents shouldn't allow them to have a FB Page anyway!

I third and fourth this!
    Kids do NOT need a freaking FB account. It's exhausting to have to always enforce my own standards regarding the internet with my son.

Right now as I posted above how it annoys me how the other mothers in my neighborhood treat their boys like babies with diapers- well- they won't let them ride a bike b/c it's 'too cold' to the few blocks to school ..but they WILL let their 10-11 yr old sons go on the internet whenever they want, have an android phone or iphone and text whenever and whoever, and get on youtube? Youtube seems innocuous. Sure if innocuous equals gang fights, interwebz penis sword fighting in the comments section, mashups that make adult commentary on kid oriented media like various cartoons kids watch as a farce, and sexual exhibitions that brush up against being removed DUH.

My 15 yr old son has a facebook,I have his password and used my email.The only people on his friends list are his cousions,and his girlfriend .I know everything he does on it because it goes to my email.He manliy wanted one so he could keep up with his cousins who he grew up with.We just moved pretty far way from them.I told him he can have a droid or iphone when he gets a job and pays for it

And I don't judge you based on that. My son is in fourth grade still- he's only 10. I am not allowing him to do any of that. Period.

15 isn't terrible. I just wouldn't accept him because I know my friends and I have/can be very crude and immature for adults. I wouldn't want to be responsible for what he learned through me and mine.

My daughter is in 5th grade (11 years old) and most of her friends have FB pages.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    15 isn't terrible. I just wouldn't accept him because I know my friends and I have/can be very crude and immature for adults. I wouldn't want to be responsible for what he learned through me and mine.

My daughter is in 5th grade (11 years old) and most of her friends have FB pages.

I have security set so certain people can't see my posts even though they are my friends.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    oh I didnt think you were judging me:happy:
    i understand I saw a 6 year old the other day with an iphone:huh: :grumble: so I get it lol my son has a cheap little pre paid phone hes getting real close to the age where he can get a job so if he wants something fancy he can get it then lol
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    People who ask you stupid questions.

I want to thump them on the forehead.

(My 11 year old isn't allowed a FB page until at least 13....depending on her maturity.)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I have security set so certain people can't see my posts even though they are my friends.

I wondered why I couldn`t. sad030.gif
  • That_Girl
    Options
    People who talk with their mouth full of food
    People who talk over you when you are in the middle of saying something

What about the people who MOUTH the words as you're talking to them?!

Blows my mind.

I want to thump them on the forehead too.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    When people ask if they can "borrow" a piece of paper.

My students do this allllll the time. I tell them, "Don't lie, you're not going to pay me back!" :laugh:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If I were to list them all, I'd be here all night!

Talking of Facebook annoyances though... HAVING to have my managers on Facebook. The only way I can see my start times, is to join a group on Facebook and check it weekly. Of course, the managers run the Facebook group, and I don't think there is any way to make it so that they can't see what I write, either! I dread to think what they must think of all the utter filth me and my friends write on there - haha!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Your and you're

There their and they're

Lose and loose

its and it's...so many more.

Also, I hate POUTING in pics, or pulling such a pose that it looks nothing like the person. Pouting just looks pathetic, its not sexy it looks like a sullen child or a duck, QUACK!

www.antiduckface.com

LOL
  • That_Girl
    Options
    If I were to list them all, I'd be here all night!

Talking of Facebook annoyances though... HAVING to have my managers on Facebook. The only way I can see my start times, is to join a group on Facebook and check it weekly. Of course, the managers run the Facebook group, and I don't think there is any way to make it so that they can't see what I write, either! I dread to think what they must think of all the utter filth me and my friends write on there - haha!

You can! When you enter a status update, click on the little lock and change who can see it. I block my mom from everything :laugh:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    People that get on a rant about spelling and punctuation and have errors in their own post. :laugh: I have seen several examples in this thread. No names to protect the guilty.

It really irritates me too but I try not to get my blood pressure up. I have a grandson that just doesn't "get" spelling and probably never will. Smart but can't spell worth a d@mn. Life goes on.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Your and you're

There their and they're

Lose and loose

its and it's...so many more.

Also, I hate POUTING in pics, or pulling such a pose that it looks nothing like the person. Pouting just looks pathetic, its not sexy it looks like a sullen child or a duck, QUACK!

www.antiduckface.com

LOL

oh god so funny,and whats up with the orange tan thing now days?most them girls looked like umpa lumpas.
    (this coming from someone that glows in the dark I know)
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I too am a loud sneezer, but thankfully I don't swear when I sneeze like my dad does - every time it's "ahhhh-*kitten*"

lmao. Too funny!
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

www.antiduckface.com

LOL
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I'm very sensitive to smells so anything that smells funky. I especially hate the smell of canned tuna, canned cat food, and canned dog food.

Also, it annoys me when people at the gym don't sanitize the equipment they just used....eeeeeeeeew! HELLO! That's why they have sanitizer and paper towel dispensers every five feet in the joint. So annoying.
  • That_Girl
    Options

*People who are so addicted to their phone that they can't even have lunch with a friend without answering every call and sending multiple texts....here's a hint....it makes the person across from you feel like they just aren't important enough

I have left a few friends at lunch because of this. My time is valuable too. I can eat at home, alone, for FREE! Buttholes.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    When I had my surgery, and my female issues, my mother had to keep reminding me what SHE went through and how bad SHE had it and that "at least didn't have to go through what SHE went through because THAT was suffering."

Uh....hello! I don't give a rat's *kitten* what you went through 30 years ago. This is my NOW and my body and it SUUUUCKED. Sorry my pain wasn't as much as YOURS or that my surgery wasn't as intrusive as YOURS. It's called medical progress. They don't need to cut women open as much any more.

It doesn't mean YOUR issues were WORSE than mine. STFU.

Not once did she wish me luck for the surgery. In fact, the night before, she tried to shove Jesus down my throat in case something happened and I didn't wake up :indifferent: Then she asked, "So when will you start to lose weight?"

CAN I GET THROUGH THE DAMN SURGERY FIRST!? F&%K!

:blushing: That felt good.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    I'll start.....

People who spell 'lose' as 'loose'....sorry but this is a completely different word! Aaaarrggghhh! ;o)

As much as I hate this as well, it makes sense to spell "lose" as "loose". the OO makes the sound as in "goo". We really should be spelling "lose" like "looz". LOL....phonetically speaking.

I do hate the English language. I teach English learners and it's just a crappy language to teach. There aren't any rules that don't have exceptions!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    On the way back from lunch had a person pull out in front of me and then hit the blazing speed of 40 mph (country roads,55 the limit). machinegunsmilie.gif

<
    has road rage issues. embarrassed.gif
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    When I had my surgery, and my female issues, my mother had to keep reminding me what SHE went through and how bad SHE had it and that "at least didn't have to go through what SHE went through because THAT was suffering."

Uh....hello! I don't give a rat's *kitten* what you went through 30 years ago. This is my NOW and my body and it SUUUUCKED. Sorry my pain wasn't as much as YOURS or that my surgery wasn't as intrusive as YOURS. It's called medical progress. They don't need to cut women open as much any more.

It doesn't mean YOUR issues were WORSE than mine. STFU.

Not once did she wish me luck for the surgery. In fact, the night before, she tried to shove Jesus down my throat in case something happened and I didn't wake up :indifferent: Then she asked, "So when will you start to lose weight?"

CAN I GET THROUGH THE DAMN SURGERY FIRST!? F&%K!

:blushing: That felt good.

I can imagine it did. :flowerforyou: