Silly things that annoy you!

Options

Replies

• Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    haha! along those lines.. people who don't know the difference between 'There', and 'Their'

Don't forget the the people that confuse 'then' and 'than'. It drives me nuts! My wife does it on purpose just to bug me.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    People who leave long, drawn out voice messages but then become auctioneers when it comes to leaving their phone number at the end of the message. :indifferent:

*delete*
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    People that try to treat our kids like teeny babies. The women in my neighborhood are raising a bunch of future men that will be afraid to ride their bike if it is 'cold' or be touched by water when it's sprinkling! They won't die if the weather touches them!!! Just dress them properly and be smart.

I agree with this! My sister in law is almost 21 years old and still goes EVERYWHERE with my in laws!! Its really sad actually! She has been babied her entire life and it has made her socially awkward. She doesn't have a single friend and can not make any simple decisions without asking her mom. I fear at 40 years old she will still be living with them.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    All of the trampy 21-year-old girls on the sales team in the office who walk around in their 5-inch platform hooker shoes, teeny tiny mini skirts, and low-cut blouses. For God's sake... there are SO many people needing jobs right now. Do not skank it up in the F*@#$!^ office!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    People that try to treat our kids like teeny babies. The women in my neighborhood are raising a bunch of future men that will be afraid to ride their bike if it is 'cold' or be touched by water when it's sprinkling! They won't die if the weather touches them!!! Just dress them properly and be smart.

I agree with this! My sister in law is almost 21 years old and still goes EVERYWHERE with my in laws!! Its really sad actually! She has been babied her entire life and it has made her socially awkward. She doesn't have a single friend and can not make any simple decisions without asking her mom. I fear at 40 years old she will still be living with them.

Your in-laws aren't doing her any favors.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like this. I call her "the little sister I never wanted" because she is so clingy.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Your in-laws aren't doing her any favors.

No they really aren't!! My husband has tried to talk to his mom about it but the topic is not even up for discussion with her. She is the youngest of four and my mother in law doesn't want to lose her last child b/c she won't have anyone to mother. I mean seriously what 21 year old girl still has her mother do her hair and makeup?!?!?
  • Shannon023
    Options

No they really aren't!! My husband has tried to talk to his mom about it but the topic is not even up for discussion with her. She is the youngest of four and my mother in law doesn't want to lose her last child b/c she won't have anyone to mother. I mean seriously what 21 year old girl still has her mother do her hair and makeup?!?!?

:noway: :noway: That's really sad!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I know I might take some heat for this but I was annoyed recently by a woman that sued a "men's only" club because she was denied membership. Really? Why? She didn't really want to join. Just wanted to make a point.

Almost went down to Curves and pitched a fit.

Ugh. Feminism is one thing... that's called just being a ... brat!

Along this line... people who initiate stupid lawsuits. My boyfriends dad has been waiting for a decision/payout for 10 years. Now... this payout is going to be about what he would have made in TWO years, but he couldn't work during all of this for some reason (supposidly will mess up the case, idk). They're constantly calling us for money and saying how broke they are. He grows... five-leafed plants... in his garage because he claims hes in "so much pain" and simply "can't work" even though he "really wants to". So broke... getting high every day... and spending a month at a time in Daytona Beach. Really? You're a deadbeat and I hate you.

... I feel much better now :flowerforyou:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    ... I feel much better now :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Along this line... people who initiate stupid lawsuits. My boyfriends dad has been waiting for a decision/payout for 10 years. Now... this payout is going to be about what he would have made in TWO years, but he couldn't work during all of this for some reason (supposidly will mess up the case, idk). They're constantly calling us for money and saying how broke they are. He grows... five-leafed plants... in his garage because he claims hes in "so much pain" and simply "can't work" even though he "really wants to". So broke... getting high every day... and spending a month at a time in Daytona Beach. Really? You're a deadbeat and I hate you.
    I am with you! It pisses me off!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Another one:

People who come to work sick and cough all around you. :angry: Go home, Germy! :angry:
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Another one:

People who come to work sick and cough all around you. :angry: Go home, Germy! :angry:

Bwahahahaha people who mispronounce the name 'Jeremy' by calling them Germy
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Family members that allow their kids to have a Facebook account and then let them send a friend request.
    Hate having to always be G rated on there.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Family members that allow their kids to have a Facebook account and then let them send a friend request.

I denied the requests to anyone under 18 who requested me. I don't care if it hurts their feelings - their parents shouldn't allow them to have a FB Page anyway!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

I denied the requests to anyone under 18 who requested me. I don't care if it hurts their feelings - their parents shouldn't allow them to have a FB Page anyway!

I third and fourth this!
    Kids do NOT need a freaking FB account. It's exhausting to have to always enforce my own standards regarding the internet with my son.

Right now as I posted above how it annoys me how the other mothers in my neighborhood treat their boys like babies with diapers- well- they won't let them ride a bike b/c it's 'too cold' to the few blocks to school ..but they WILL let their 10-11 yr old sons go on the internet whenever they want, have an android phone or iphone and text whenever and whoever, and get on youtube? Youtube seems innocuous. Sure if innocuous equals gang fights, interwebz penis sword fighting in the comments section, mashups that make adult commentary on kid oriented media like various cartoons kids watch as a farce, and sexual exhibitions that brush up against being removed DUH.
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When people ask if they can "borrow" a piece of paper.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I third and fourth this!
    Kids do NOT need a freaking FB account. It's exhausting to have to always enforce my own standards regarding the internet with my son.

Right now as I posted above how it annoys me how the other mothers in my neighborhood treat their boys like babies with diapers- well- they won't let them ride a bike b/c it's 'too cold' to the few blocks to school ..but they WILL let their 10-11 yr old sons go on the internet whenever they want, have an android phone or iphone and text whenever and whoever, and get on youtube? Youtube seems innocuous. Sure if innocuous equals gang fights, interwebz penis sword fighting in the comments section, mashups that make adult commentary on kid oriented media like various cartoons kids watch as a farce, and sexual exhibitions that brush up against being removed DUH.

My 15 yr old son has a facebook,I have his password and used my email.The only people on his friends list are his cousions,and his girlfriend .I know everything he does on it because it goes to my email.He manliy wanted one so he could keep up with his cousins who he grew up with.We just moved pretty far way from them.I told him he can have a droid or iphone when he gets a job and pays for it
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

I third and fourth this!

My 15 yr old son has a facebook,I have his password and used my email.The only people on his friends list are his cousions,and his girlfriend .I know everything he does on it because it goes to my email.He manliy wanted one so he could keep up with his cousins who he grew up with.We just moved pretty far way from them.I told him he can have a droid or iphone when he gets a job and pays for it

And I don't judge you based on that. My son is in fourth grade still- he's only 10. I am not allowing him to do any of that. Period.