How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use Baileys mudslide coffee creamer only 35 calories with a coffee packet and no sugar added since the creamer sweetens it so calories come out at 35 since theres no calories in the coffee
  • greenstar25
    greenstar25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am, like you, a huge coffee drinker. I love, love, love my coffee! I have made many changes in my diet over the last few months, biggest ones being a lot less sugar and unhealthy fats. One thing I refuse to let go off is my half and half. I am so good with my diet that I figured this is the only "bad" thing I allow myself. I've tried almond milk too, and even though it's my favourite milk, I do not like it in my coffee. I don't think it's a good idea to cut out your favourite foods from your diet, because you have to do this for the rest of your life...You gotta live a little....
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Black, bold and bitter.
  • blanca0615
    blanca0615 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to have it light and sweet, now it's either with just an ounce of milk or 2 tablespoons of creamer.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Black with a no-calorie sweetner
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 giant cups, 16 ounces, of coffee with 1/4 cup whole milk in each cup. I would prefer almost 1/2 a cup milk or even a whole bunch of cream or half and half but I can't trust myself with full fat cream. The calories really add up with whole milk. I don't like fat-free half and half because of all the crap in it. I also can't stand drinking coffee black or with nut milks, even though I like my smoothies with unsweetened almond milk and used to drink soy milk a lot. I use a French Press or make lattes with the expresso machine.
    I prefer Ethiopian Harrar coffees. They really taste like blueberry if properly roasted, strongly of blueberries. The Harrar coffee is hard to find but very distinctive flavor. I also like coffees from Sumatra, Brazil and Yemen, plus a few other countries.
    I also have a very expensive Panama Geisha, at $25 a pound, which tastes like jasmine tea and is very good,too. Some people claim this is the best tasting coffee in the world. I like it but have others I prefer.
    Once you try fresh roasted with some good beans and a good brew, it's really hard to drink store bought or drip coffee in a cheap drip machine.
    I really would like to learn to enjoy black coffee, but I just can't seem to get used to it. I keep trying and I'm decreasing the milk so hopefully, I'll finally get used to it.
    I've been drinking really white coffee since I was in 4th grade! I'm nearly 50 now so I've been drinking it with either creamer, cream or milk for a long time.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I wish I could drink my coffee black!! I like mines with flavored creamers. My fave is the white chocolate macadamia nut creamer. The creamers are sweet enough for me.
  • JamminJessi27
    JamminJessi27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a big coffee lover and former barista so I knew I needed to get my coffee in a yummy way without blowing my calories out of the water.

2 scoops GNC Total Lean Chocolate Peanut butter powder, 6 oz cold coffee, 2 oz milk, 2oz water, shake with ice.

Its perfect! Its my breakfast and coffee all in one for only 220 cals! Its sooooo delish...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    How do I take my coffee?

Same way I prefer my women. Nicely brown, like a latte.
    So hot, but not too sweet, I want a little bite.
  • candyinmyheels
    candyinmyheels Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of unsweetened soy milk in my coffee. Depending on where you live, the coffeeshops may have soy milk available. usually they have a sweetened vanilla version (which is a nice treat, since i no longer put sugar in my coffee). I find soy "creamier" than almond milk or rice milk. another thing to try at home is 1-2 T of coconut milk...adds some fat but it is delicious!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate sugar-free French Vanilla creamer or half & half with some Splenda. Depends on my mood. I have tried a couple times to drink it black but I just can't get used to it that way ...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    All I can think of...

OtFwr.jpg

Made me think of the Eddie Izzard quote:

I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, strong....with a spoon in them.
  • LeafyEdge
    LeafyEdge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    About a teaspoon of sugar and a splash of milk.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I use:
    8 oz Cadillac Coffee (brand at work) (5 cals)
    One Splenda packet (o cals)
    One Individual International Delight Half and Half (10 cals)
    One Nestle Individual French Vanilla (30 cals)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, strong....with a spoon in them.

A spoon IN them?

Cannibal joke?
  • jent1007
    jent1007 Posts: 12
    Options
    usually from dunkin donuts med iced coffee with butter pecan swirl and skim milk.
    if i make at home its with coffee mate or international delight creamer. I usually use 3 tbsp of flavored creamer to 8 oz of coffee.
    There is one creamer that i found it was fat free and sugar free i think it was by international delight--it was some kind of carmel one but i cant find it again.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Very odd, but it's my breakfast - I make 28 oz of coffee, to which I add 2 tbl coconut oil and 4-6 oz of almond milk. I mix in the magic bullet for 1-2 minutes and then put it in my thermos to take to work.
  • PhilosopherHCS
    PhilosopherHCS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Black. Always black.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I typically drink mine with the individual coffee mate creamers. That way I can just pop in 3 to my big travel mug and know how many to track on my diary. I only drink one cup a day, and its only 90 extra calories. Definitely worth it to avoid the headaches and all the cravings for my morning cup of joe.
  • Emsa1987
    Emsa1987 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee strong (two spoons per cup!) with skimmed milk.