Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Too bad I forgot my end quote after "I am going to start c25k tomorrow." Pretend it's there, or I will....go to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzz

Goodnight lovely ladies lacking little ones!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ickybella, it rocks that you are off to the c25k challenge! i started it in the spring, hit a brick wall at week 4, and then cried it off for the summer. i have recently picked it back up...sort of. guess i'm somewhere in the vicinity of week 5 or 6, though i'm not doing exactly as it says. i'm able to do three segments of 5 minutes of jogging, but i'm not quite up to 8 minutes. right now, i'm doing two reps of the following: 7 minutes of jogging (4.5 - 5 mph), 3 minutes of walking (3.8 - 4 mph) and 3 and a half minutes of running at 5mph. once i can hit the two mile mark at 26 minutes (i was at 27:39 today), then i'll up my time from 7 minutes to 8. still kind of playing around will all of this at this point, but i think it's going to work. i'm going to sign up for a 5k in mid-april - that gives me about 21 weeks to train, because i'm only slotting 2 days a week for c25k, but i'm working in a third day when i can.

anyhoo...i think i might still be in my calorie range for today, but i'm not sure yet. i'm about to go and log. sigh. we went out to dinner at ruby tuesdays, and i was good and ordered water instead of sweet tea and the garlic mashed potatos (167 calories) instead of the fries (nearly 400 calories). i think i did pretty good with my blue cheese salad dressing too. however...afterwards, we went to godiva to pick up our free chocolate (we get one free piece a month), but somehow, we had earned more free chocolate! which is wonderful...but instead of eating my one free piece, i ended up shoving four into my mouth! yeah...you'd think i would want to save them...more for later and all that. nope. down the hatch. and it was gooood, too. :devil:

anyhoo...i am off to do some laundry and get ready for bed! my legs are soooo sore! i'm ready to be immobile for 8 hours for sure! 'night!
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    Options
    So the birthday bash continued today at work. I'm glad I didn't take cake from home to eat. We went to lunch at a Mexican place so of course I got the sombrero and fried ice cream, I didn't eat it all. I have a burrito and could see it swimming in grease, I should have just stayed at the office. When we all returned to the office they had gotten a cake from Publix for us too. Good grief!!! I had a small piece of it and passed on the ice cream. So I went to the gym and spent an hour on the elliptical, after eating all that crap I could have been on there for two. I'm not sure if my calorie count is accurate but I logged it all in.

Thank you for the Polar FT7 assistance. I need to go find a battery tomorrow, last day at the gym as I will be going out of town Wednesday. I look forward to returning to my routine and using my HRM. So the Polar FT7 can be used for weight training too right?

Hope y'all had a great day!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did couch to 5k in June/July/August. I had to repeat week 7 or 8 a few times but when I finally did it, I was so excited. Stick with it, and just do the formula three times a week and if you can't complete one, just keep at it until you have and it will happen!
    I had to start Gateway to 8k, and I am on week 9 of that. Kimda tough today. Treadmill is boring and I need some new tunes.
    I might switch back to C25K until my speed is better, I am still pretty slow. OR, I could join you for that half-marathon in the spring;)
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Last week wasn't the greatest for eating or exercising, I have been overall better than I used to, but have been pretty inconsistent. Despite that, I somehow managed to lose 3 lbs. last week...YAY! :happy:

December goals:
    1) Exercise at least 30 minutes 5 times per week.
    2) Drink at least 80 oz. water per day
  • chagemoser
    Options
    found out I wasn't using my scale properly. dah didn't realize it being on the bathroom rug would make that big of a difference. I thought I was closer to being under 200 than I really am. I had to call the doctor to find out what my weight was last time I went in (early october) since all my numbers at home were wrong so that became my new starting weight, so almost 10 lbs since 10/12/10. I will take that. I quit smoking on 10/27 and joined the gym the same day so on Thursday I will be 1 month smoke free.!!!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    found out I wasn't using my scale properly. dah didn't realize it being on the bathroom rug would make that big of a difference. I thought I was closer to being under 200 than I really am. I had to call the doctor to find out what my weight was last time I went in (early october) since all my numbers at home were wrong so that became my new starting weight, so almost 10 lbs since 10/12/10. I will take that. I quit smoking on 10/27 and joined the gym the same day so on Thursday I will be 1 month smoke free.!!!

i had the same thing happen to me when i realized that the floor where i was keeping the scale was not perfectly even - old hardwood floor. anyhoo, i've transferred to the bathroom tile, and it is accurate. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on being smoke free for a month! keep it up - one of the best things you can ever do for yourself!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

wow congrats! I'm down to 3 a day (at night) but it was so damn cold here last night i had one right after work and that was it...i didn't stuff my face either which is good...but i sure didn't burn 600 calories either...tonight i'm going to work my butt off!! Come hell or high water lol
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Another Non-Mom here! as of my last weigh-in I was down another 0.4 lbs. I changed up my workout and it seemed to be not for the good ... needs more tweeking. We'll see if I tweek in the right direction on my next weigh-in, Friday ... epp, Turkey Day best be nice to me :wink: lol.

It's great to see a place for those of us (either by choice or not) to call our own.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I'm not weighing in until next monday guys, my period won't go away...and i'm more bloated than a beached whale
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    why don't you like mom's to join?
    just asking...
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    just asking...

The initial intent of this group was for people who were not trying to take off baby weight. There seems to be a lot of groups already dedicated to that and it was a way to differentiate ourselves. It's nothing personal.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    just asking...

The initial intent of this group was for people who were not trying to take off baby weight. There seems to be a lot of groups already dedicated to that and it was a way to differentiate ourselves. It's nothing personal.

yeah we have no excuse as to why we're round...i mean i would love to say " i just had a kid, i was eating for two, i burn my calories chasing my child" but none of us can say that...it's not to be mean or to ostrasize mom's out there ( i am a single step-mom to an 8 year old) but we can't relate to "baby fat"...or what we "use to be before getting pregnant"
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    just asking...

yeah we have no excuse as to why we're round...i mean i would love to say " i just had a kid, i was eating for two, i burn my calories chasing my child" but none of us can say that...it's not to be mean or to ostrasize mom's out there ( i am a single step-mom to an 8 year old) but we can't relate to "baby fat"...or what we "use to be before getting pregnant"

Ok, I do have kids but it is not the baby weight that I need to lose. It is the pizza roll weight :laugh:
    I can find a different group... :cry: I was just curious as to why we are ban.
    I'll take my kids and my stretch marks and leave now.

(Please note that I am not really hurt, just being silly)
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    see below...
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Ok, I do have kids but it is not the baby weight that I need to lose. It is the pizza roll weight :laugh:
    I can find a different group... :cry: I was just curious as to why we are ban.
    I'll take my kids and my stretch marks and leave now.

(Please note that I am not really hurt, just being silly)

you are *so* not banned! you can have honorary membership! i (personally) am just trying to avoid the lucky women that need to lose their 10 to 15 pounds of pregnancy weight to fit back into their size 4's! i could not relate to that at all! come cyber-hang out with us! :flowerforyou:
  • ickybella
    Options
    Hello, ladies. How are we all doing tonight? I am sleepy! My body was really sore this morning but I'm feeling much better now. Ordered a heart rate monitor this afternoon and it should be here in a few days. Felt kind of bad about spending the money since I'm not working, but then my husband decided he needed a special edition of Call of Duty, whatever the new one is, and it was more expensive than my HRM! At least mine serves a good purpose. Now I don't feel so bad. Been eating bacon and corn chowder for the past two nights and it's pretty good. I had to eat alone tonight because my husband's boss was off today, which means he has to take his place and he's been all over the place today. It's 11 and he's still out. Somehow, I didn't manage to get all my calories in today, so I'm going to get an annoying starvation message. I'm not hungry and it's too late to eat now, but I'm only under by about 50. Didn't work out at all today as my body needed a recovery day after day 1 of c25k.

Making veggie curry tomorrow, and then I'm going to post the recipe in here. It's very easy to make and it's a meal for 2, so I figured it might be helpful to someone. If not, oh well. Anyone else fancy posting their favorite non-mom (smaller) nom nom (recipe)?
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    So I went to the grocery store hungry, i know that is always bad, but I actually did fine and bought only healthy things. On the way home was a true testament to my strength. My grocery store is in the same shopping center as kfc, long john silvers, taco bell, jack in the box, arbys, sonic, cracker barrell, and a dans hamburger shop. WTF. Why would we need this many fast food restaraunts in the same area as a grocery store? Ridiculous. I have not been out to eat in over 3 weeks but man I was craving EVERYTHING. It all sounded good! I was thinking, well maybe I could just stop and buy one soft taco... that can't be too bad. Instead, I drove my happy butt home. Now I am about to eat celery with a low fat veggie dip and maybe a sandwich. That will fill me up way more then that one disgusting taco I was thinking about. :tongue: I really thought if I made it through this many weeks that I wouldn't really crave fast food as much, but apparently if I am hungry, I crave it all. Freaking fast food industry, they suck! :grumble: Oh well, at least I made it through another day. Hope everyone else had a successful day as well. *End rant*
  • ickybella
    Options
    So I went to the grocery store hungry, i know that is always bad, but I actually did fine and bought only healthy things. On the way home was a true testament to my strength. My grocery store is in the same shopping center as kfc, long john silvers, taco bell, jack in the box, arbys, sonic, cracker barrell, and a dans hamburger shop.

Wow! Way to test your will power. Great job avoiding everything. I am so glad that Taco Bell is the only fast food I like because there's none of it in the UK! Great job avoiding it. I'm already planning my next Taco Bell meal for when I go home next May. :devil:
  • indianajonex
    Options
    HI!
    I'm a 36 years old spanish non-mom, I started my MFP last monday, really loving the people here.
    First week was perfect, second week, not so perfect. I'm having trouble finding time for my working out, and a bit desperate, no exercise, no lose weight, so today I have to work hard, it's been two days of laziness. Reading your posts is helping me right now find the strenght.
    So, Hi, I'm Jane, and I'm fighting.
    See you!