WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2014

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did about 50 minutes of yoga today then took the deep water class for an hour. In a few we're going to put the deposit down for Lexi and then go to senior bowling. I have my carrots and water all ready.

Tomorrow I'm planning to do levels 2 and 3 of the 30 day shred. I believe that's about an hour.

Welcome everyone new!

Sylvia - glad you got your hair fixed. One good thing...hair grows out

Renny - how wonderful about the pants. Not only at a good price, but good size, too. And a name brand, no less. Hope you have some workout clothes. When I went to yoga this morning, I realized just how much I need more.

Alison - I'm so sorry you're in such pain

Went to exercise, then home and then we went and paid the deposit so they can order the radioactive isotope for Lexi. Then senior bowling, home to go in the pool and then have dinner. Made a meatloaf for next week. Was going to make the pork chops for next week but realized that they need to marinate, so maybe I'll make them tomorrow. Looks like we're going to be cleaning the fabric around the outside of the fence and then putting down the rock.

Pat - you reminded me of a saying "winners never quit and quitters never win"

yanniejannie - what a rain adventure you had!

Jane - yea for you off those bp meds!'

Vicki - I'm seriously considering changing hairdressers, mainly because the last time I went to get my hair colored, I almost fell over with the cost. Maybe I'm somewhat out of the loop. I think I'm going to go by the place where Jessica got her hair cut. They were very accommodating and my understanding from Jess is that they weren't real expensive. I don't feel that the place I'm going to right now does anything real special.

Heather - I'm sorry but I had to skim the part of your post where you talked about your meals. It just made me want to munch, which is something I should NOT do. As far as the fondant, I'm looking for something that maybe I can put on top of cupcakes that I'll give Jess to take home. I just wonder if the fondant will fall off. I'm thinking something like cutting out a star and putting that on top.

Lesley - Leslie Sansone has quite a few walking DVD's

Judy - yet ANOTHER NC gal. Boy, we have a lot, I must say. Congrats on getting your own home. Wasn't the weather just gorgeous today? In a way I'm sorry that we had bowling, but I still went in my pool when we got home

Christy - lately it seems that if I have some silken tofu with Cocoa Powder in it, I will lose. Don't know if this will continue or not.

charkmommyu - this is a very motivational group. Glad you joined us

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It is amazing how many chores can pile up when you’re gone for just a few days. My work list seems endless. I am crossing things off and making sure there’s time for walking, dancing, and sleeping. Today the line dance class went out to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant. I invited Jake to come because he was eager to try the new restaurant. It was delicious and a great time was had by all.

:bigsmile: Renny, congrats on size 10…….for several years I read a book with daily readings called “Simple Abundance”…I think the book’s principles were the same as what you refer to as abundance.

:bigsmile: Heather, your guests are in for a great treat.

Janehadji, congrats on getting off the blood pressure medicine

:bigsmile: Lesley, I did some reading about Tasmania…what a beautiful place in such splendid isolation from the rest of the country.

:bigsmile: Judy, congrats on becoming a homeowner

:bigsmile: Christy, congrats to you on staying true to your eating and drinking plan even when tempted by your hubby…..it took me a long time to convince my hubby that I didn’t want him to offer me any food or drink even when done in a spirit of love.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

:bigsmile: 21,000 steps today—4 minute plank

1836545mblph7p32e.gif
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    We just took the kids home, and I'm beat! It started at 9:30 am with swim lessons, then took the little guy up to Walmart and picked out a bike (Spider-Man, of course) and a helmet (angry birds). Then took all the kids to the city pool for three hours. I brought them home and the younger two were riding their bikes. The DGS was doing fantastic on his, but of course it has training wheels. The DGD was having a little more trouble, but she just had hubby take the training wheels off hers. Still, she was getting the hang of it and only crashed a couple of times.

They stayed for supper, then we took them home. The oldest DGD helped me make homemade tortillas. That was fun, but we got flour all over the place. I'll clean it all up later. I'm pooped.

Here is today's joke of the day:

:happy:

HOW TO KEEP A HEALTHY LEVEL OF INSANITY AND DRIVE OTHER PEOPLE INSANE

Submitted by Jonalee Echols from Bullard Texas.

1. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

2. Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Always wear them one day after your boss does. This is especially effective if your boss is the opposite gender.

3. Put mosquito netting around your cubicle.

4. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

5. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "IN."

6. When driving colleagues around, insist on keeping your car's windshield wipers running during all weather conditions to keep 'em tuned up.

7. Reply to everything someone says with, "That's what you think."

8. Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers, then cc them to your boss.

9. Finish all your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy."

10. At lunchtime, sit in your parked car and point a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.

11. Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go."

12. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.

:laugh:

Have a great evening!

Sylvia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia; I love today's joke. Thanks for giving us something to smile about. :bigsmile:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Judy – welcome home! 30 lbs by Oct maybe a bit much,:wink: but a goal is a goal… the end of Oct is about 15 weeks.. that is 2lbs a week, I did that in the beginning but more like 1 a week now… just don’t beat yourself up if that is a bit tough. Congrats on buying a home on your own!!! I to own my own home (with the bank) and it is a different feeling then renting. :laugh: :laugh:

Christy in Little Rock – we “roll” over when there are 500 posts and on the first day of each month. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Charkmommy3 – welcome, we are a chatty supportive bunch

Lesley – it is weird to hear about winter when we are in summer and the reverse must be true too…:smile:

Barbie – Love Mexican food, but sometimes hard to fit in… of course all my favorites are the highest calorie items.:happy: :happy:

Sylvia – I have seen other lists of insanity things but I loved the” At lunchtime, sit in your parked car and point a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.” I can just imagine that !!!

Spent a couple of hours with my financial investment guy today, he is great, answers all my questions, and keeps making me money, but everytime I am there I leave thinking so glad he does that not me as I can not think of anything more mind numbing than reading financial reports all day long!!! I find it hard enough to balance the check book and pay the bills, not because I can't do it, I can; just because I would rather do other things!!!

Well tomorrow I go pick up my DM and DN (nephew) and we are spending the day in San Francisco; we have tickets to go to Alcatraz, and after that I am not sure what else we will do - DN has never been to SF, and neither of them have been to Alcatraz - I on the other hand have been there dozens of times. I worked as a summer day camp director in my early 20's and we would do a bus trip to Alcatraz every week - so 10 times a summer for 3-4 summers... when I first started going the tours were done by ex-inmates... now they are recorded head phone things... My mom has never liked driving in SF so after my dad died (1977) I became the SF tour guide for all out of town friends and relations... I love the city - just don't get there as much as I would like, and now I usually take BART - our public transport... but this time with DM I will drive and help cut back on all the walking.... I will try to make thoughtful food decisions, but.... there might be some splurging...

Am hoping for a good picture of me and DN, but woke up with a sty in my eye that I had rubbed in the night so it looks like I have a black eye.... :grumble: :noway: :grumble:

Kim in N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well good evening ladies. I feel I'm a little late.

Thank you all for your support for my sister. Yannie, even though my sister and BIL love their kids and the kids love them, I think the reason they can love each other is because they keep a distance. My BIL is a domineering man, type A personality kind of man. He and his son could get into some humdinger of an arguement in their days. And their daughter grew up feeling like she needed to make up for all the 'faults' her older brother had. My sister always said she had two 'only' childs' even though they are only about 8 years apart. It's just that the brother didn't want to have anything to do with the family and they gladly let him stay at other peoples houses when they went out for an evening or on vacation. My niece has been married around 10 years and her brother still doesn't remember her married name not does he care to. My sis didn't want me to tell her son because he is a worrier, I think the reason is that she is afraid he would have come over and taken her keys away. She also didn't want to tell him she is on oxycodone since he is a recovering alcoholic. She didn't want me to tll her daughter because she was afraid it would be blabbed all over face book. They can be a very volatile family when together. I once witnessed them getting into an arguement over a can of vegetable beef soup that was horrific.

Sylvia, I still smile over your description of taking your grand kids to the store. I can only imagine how they are taking care of those precious clothes. I'm sure they hold a special place in their closet now.

I also had a restless night last night. There are so many lines onmy FitBit sleep log that it doesn't look like sleep at all. I was rudely awoken this morning by the cat waking on my head. She usually sleeps at the end of my bed on a towel but the last several nights has not. I realized she came in this morning but didn't go to the end of the bed. She chose my head instead! When I got up I saw why. Her towel was no where to be found, the covers were in such a jumbled mess I'm sure she didn't know where to lay down.

Allison I am so sorry to hear of your sciatica. It sure can be painful. have you thought of a chiropractor?

Jane, good to see you again. Come back as you can. Just knowing we are all still here can be motivation.

There was an article on my local news tonight about the summer fresh garden markets. We have one farm that apparently sends out a box of fresh produce to your house once a week!

I am not one who likes to spend a lot of money every year on my hair cuts. When I have to use my blow dryer and round brush on th back of my hair and start actually rolling the back and using hair spray then that is my signal to call Tina for a hair cut. Then I have to wait for an appointment. This last time I decided I needed a new strategy. I made an appointment right then for my next appointment. I know, how unique!!!! I wanted it for 2 months, she says she gets hers once a month and made mine for 6 weeks. Well I am ready no and my appointment isn't until the 31st. She has done my hair for years. And I mean years. Oldest daughter got married in 1998 and she did hers so that tells you how long I have been with her. And it's still the same style./

We had a very busy neighborhood today. There has been a sign in front of the house across the street for several weeks about it being auctioned off. Well it was today. I didn't even know the ladies had moved. They are kind of hermits. It was a grandma, her daughter and grandson that lived there. The boy was in elementary school when they moved in. They have a good size back yard and it has privacy fencing so I guess that's where he played. We would see the ladies when they drove to work and came home and then they would change into their jammies and one of them would come out and get the mail and paper. I never saw them in regular clothes since they used a garage door opener. I asked our next door neighbor if he knew and he said the daughter had died 5 years ago and the grand son who by now was out of school and living with a girl friend was supposed to be checking on elderly Grandma did it sporadically. One day he came over and she had been dead about 4 days. so two cars, the house and all belongings was sold today. Our street, the school lot behind us and several blocks of a cross street were packed this afternoon. We went over there to see what they had. Husband thought it was like a yard sale and we could offer them a price right then. Uh no, it's an auction They had a large china cabinet that I would have loved to have. It went for a big price. Plus we would have had no way for the two of us to carry it across the street and carry it upstairs. The house was to be auctioned off at 5:30 and there were a lot of realtors arriving around 5 so I went ahead and moved our cars into the street just so that we could safely get out.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ladies. See you tomorrow

Joyce, Indiana
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Katla...I've refused to resize my wedding band for decades and been wearing my DH's wedding band instead. It would be an ultimate joy to be able to wear my own wedding band again on a slimmer me. Many years of hard mom work though may not have been kind to my fingers.

:flowerforyou: Sylvia...loved the joke of the day. Keep em coming.

Kim...I am a financial person, but I have no experience in financial investment. I use a broker who tells me he knows what he is doing.

Alert: fashion update. Jones New York is insane to afford, so when I was able to buy a piece at Winners years ago at deep discount, I knew I had founds something awesome. More recently, I also found an ankle length white pair from Ivanka Trump at deep discount. Oh man, talk about fantastic
    quality and workmanship. Its worth hunting for.

:flowerforyou: Michele...I found some other workout clothes for tomorrow's yoga in a drawer. I'll report back

DH grilled ribs on the BBQ tonight, served with garden grown green beans and a kale salad. I believe there will be kale salad left for my lunch tomorrow.

I had a somewhat crappy night last night...as in not enough sleep, and still a lot of coughing today. I am counting on a better night and no more coughing tomorrow. Helloooooo.

When I dropped off toddler at daycare today, daycare lady said, say by to grandma. Toddler said: that's not grandma...it's Oma!! Awww. Love those little kiddies so much.

love to all

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I took my wedding bands off in the winter when I was losing them in my gloves. I wear them around my neck on a chain. I have heard that if they are resized to many times that it weakens them. So for now they are around my neck

Joyce, Indiana
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Rori: is that fast-food place part of a chain? (The one with the detailed receipts.)

Jane: any good prospects at the moment? :flowerforyou:

Amanda: that’s a lot going on. :flowerforyou:

Mimi: hope you’re doing well.

Gloria: congrats on your 4 pounds! You’ve worked hard for them!

Heather: what kind of foot/arch exercised do you do?

Joyce: sorry about the continuing problems with your sister.

Renny: wow, a size 10! We’re going to Kohl’s when I visit my mom and I wonder what size I will be. Have been getting into the clothes I had saved for “the way down” (in weight) and enjoying that. But I especially need some well-fitting pants.

Alison: are you feeling any better? I had sciatica for…years. It did go away. A chiropractor is definitely worth trying. :heart:

Katla: horses don’t have to be that expensive, UNTIL there’s something medical. Then the cost rises astronomically, so anyone thinking of one would have to keep that in mind. Medical care is just as much a part of the equation as buying feed (it is for any animal). My horse is almost 22 years old; she spends her days outside with her friends and is ridden gently 1-2 times a week. Hopefully she won’t get any more tendon injuries, which are common in horses and can be VERY difficult to treat. She does have COPD, though, so medication is part of her life (and my budget).

Kim: you had a good friend, marching you into the health center like that!

Sex ed: my mom did a pretty good job, I think, after I heard from a girl in the neighborhood that girls “bleed” once a month. Also, we had sex ed in school. I was pretty well prepared when it happened in the middle of the night. I knew how to attach the pad to the belt (remember those? Ugh) and I remember thinking “I’m a woman now” but not feeling any different. As far as sex itself, she wasn’t all that enthusiastic when she did talk about it, but I think (1) she was disillusioned because of her divorce, and (2) she probably wanted to discourage me from starting too soon. Which worked, because I was a late bloomer in that department.

Weight has stalled for the last weeks, but may be moving (slowly) again. Here’s an NSV I posted on my timeline: OK, this must be an unusual NSV. I went to the gym today. Had my gym bag on as usual, as a kind of cross-body bag, strap over my left shoulder and the bag a little behind my right hip. I leaned forward to pick something up off the floor and the gym bag slid down past my hip/butt and fell on the floor! I guess there's less hip/butt to hold it up! I shortened the strap a little, feeling rather pleased. :-)

Hope everyone has a good day. This is my last work week before four weeks off, so I'm a bit busy.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!
    Quick pop in as I have shopping to do for the weekend.:bigsmile:

Had an email from my ex last night (we parted amicably) because I had forwarded him an email from the solicitor saying she hadn't been able to make contact with him for a while.:grumble: He had been in hospital having an angioplasty and stent. His three uncles and his cousin all died youngish of heart attacks, although not his own father, so he was feeling a bit worried. Good job they picked it up early! As he has to rest for a week or so perhaps he will get around to the paperwork for the probate. :noway: :tongue:
    Glad he is ok and a bit shocked to hear about his cousin dying last year who I knew well. My ex and I were married for 28 years.

Getting hotter here. Big watering tonight I think. I'm going to buy something easy to cook for tonight. I haven't felt like doing ordinary cooking recently because of preparing for the weekend. Everything else goes out of my head.:tongue: I am thinking "Chunky Cod" in breadcrumbs. Just have to put it in the oven as it's all prepared .200 cals. Some asparagus and we're done.:bigsmile:

Got to make the coffee. Love Heather in sunny and dry Hampshire UK
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good morning,

Congrats to all celebrating victories and fighting the fight. I've been speed reading but no time to participate as much as I'd like.

Been eating on plan but not working out enough. Just trying to get some kind of movement in each day.

Have lots of work to do but might scoot Aaron out to the zoo this morning.

Best wishes to all for a happy day filled with strength and self confidence.

Xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    went to the Dr, they gave me flexerall,and steriods just started took the first of the steriods,have been taking flexerall. none of it yet has helped.still in mega pain:sad:
    I have to take the car to get the recall taken care of and that is a 2 1/2 hr operation.dont know how I will be able to sit around for that long.. then Chester to the vet at 2:40..
    well at the Dr's I had to get on the scale:embarassed: I have gained 17 lbs since December. so embarrased. Right now I cant do anything,but once I am able will be back to the gym daily and eating right.
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Just a quick pop in to mark my place before heading out today. Today is our 10th anniversary so I took off work today. We are driving to Lancaster, PA to play mini golf and eat at one of our favorite places. My DH is from Lancaster so it was one of the many trips we took when dating. We both enjoy a drive and the weather has cooled so should make for a fun day.

He's eager to get on the road so off we go! :love:

Tina in MD
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sunny, supposed to be in the 80's through the weekend, which is fine with me. Made a new chicken dish last night that was a hit; chicken (thighs) with herbs and citrus, baked sweet potato, and corn on the cob. Tonight is the weekly smoked prime rib special we have been hitting lately at a new place a few miles away. Called my cousin who is in a nursing home this am to wish her a happy birthday and found out it was yesterday........oops!!

Tina ........Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! I had rather distant family in the Lancaster, Pa. area (nice area)---about an hour and a half from where I grew up; spent a week there when I was about 14 with an absolutely hateful girl; an older 2nd or third cousin, 16, who wanted no part of me and made it very apparent.

Janehadji........Always nice to see you; please come back as time allows!

Welcome newbies!!!

Christy.........Fabulous loss!!!

Vicki...........YUM!!!! Funnel cakes
    I would never last with that temptation!

Heather...........Hope you found your young broccoli; it would be a shame to miss out. I have never tasted duck. Wonder if your guests know just how privileged they are---how much thought and planning you put in to the dietary considerations, likes and dislikes for them.

Kim............Glad your trip was safe and productive. What I remember about San Francisco is two things: the overwhelming number of panhandlers (it was the early 70's) and the clam chowder (it would be food, of course!!!) at Joe Dimaggios restaurant.

Leslie.............OH, no!!!!! Rain again?????? I'm with you; hate those stretches of rainy, dark, gloomy, cold days.

Joyce............What a tangle!!! You must feel like you are walking on eggshells. I love estate sales.......the idea of giving a home to (and appreciating) someones well-loved treasures sits well with me.

Renny........."Oma" Have to say I teared up a little
    this is what my DD always called my mom. Haven't worn my wedding rings since I was pregnant; never knew baby weight lasted 22 yrs!!!!!

Hi to everyone I missed!!!

Stay strong!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Tina, Happy Anniversary

I am still trying to catch up from the weekend...You would think being gone for two days wouldn't put one so far behind at home and work.

We went to Taylor, Arizona where a nephew was being installed as a pastor. We flew to Phoenix and then drove up into the White Mountains to get there. It's a beautiful drive, but a little harrowing in some places. The Salt River area is down the side of one mountain and up the next with a lot of 25mph hairpin curves. (I'm glad I was driving. My husband scares me on nice straight, flat roadways.) The scenery is worth it.

The weather there was nice...not very hot. There was a lot of lightning Sunday evening. I don't remember the last time I saw that. We just don't get lightning here very often. There was a little rain...and I don't remember the last time I saw rain either since we are in a prolonged drought.

My sister and dbil from Tucson were there as well as a niece with her dh and baby from Phoenix. It was nice to get together with family.

Now it's back to school. Getting ready for fall takes me all summer.

Eileen near San Diego
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    well was supposed to go to the chiropractor ,but chickened out, our insurance doesnt pay and I dont have 200.00 for the initial consultation...
    did get the car taken care of, went to see my DFIL ,Put his cookies out, picked up hat from my DB left it when we went to new hampshire..
    have a load of laundry in and then will take Chester to the vet..last muscle relaxer I took was about 1:30 this morning,but still feel a bit woozy. me and the boys are out on the chaise lounge on the deck. the weather is heavenly..
    maybe will take a quick nap
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies –

Had a slow start this morning and hit the snooze button a few too many times so didn’t get my morning workout in. Took my car in to get serviced as I had 3 different warning lights pop on (temp guage, parking assistance and check engine light). The service tech just called and said it looked like some type of “rodent” got under the hood and chewed on a bunch of wires. I thought that was the most bazaar thing I’ve heard in quite some time. It’s not like the car has been sitting in a field for weeks. I keep it in the garage and use it almost every day.

Had my follow up w/my GYN yesterday, they found 4 small fibroids, but recommended at this point in time to do nothing and see if there are any more flare ups in the future. I guess that is good news. Meanwhile, I am still active as ever and monitoring my intake of food, but there has been no downward movement in the scale. Feeling frustrated.

:smile: Renny – I’ve had that canned chicken from Costco, very nice and agree on the convenience.
    :smile: Katla – thanks for the idea of planning snow peas as a second crop. I’m going to look into that.
    :smile: Tina – Lancaster is a wonderful daytrip. As we have hardly any humidity here in Delaware, I would imagine you will have great weather too. Curious, where did you go to eat?

Be well,
    Suzy
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Today is my first day back to working out after our trip. I did 30 minutes of yoga, weight training for arms and legs and will be on the treadmill next. I'm catching up on the posts. It's nice to see more new ladies here!

Suzy, hang in there. Slow wins on this journey.

Jan, enjoy your dinner tonight,

Tina, congrats on your anniversary, safe travels!

Judy, welcome back!

Chrissy, cutting back on wine has made a huge difference for me, the pounds came off slowly, but they came off!

Renny, congrats on size 10!

Barbiecat, I'm still trying to catch up on chores after our trip! I love your new graphic!

Sylvia, time to rest. I love your jokes!

Kim, enjoy your day with DM and DN.

Joyce, I can see your cat on your head, mine used to sit on my chest to wake me up. She would pat my face and make cooing sounds. I think that translated to get up and make my breakfast!

Cynthia, great NSV!

Allison, I'm sorry you are in pain.

Heather, I'm sorry for your worry about your ex. I'm glad you still care for one another. As always your food sounds delish!

Welcome to all new ladies. Hugs to all struggling and congrats to all with victories.

Cindy in OK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim in N CA: I agree with you about being grateful for financial planning support. I am not interested in watching stock prices go up and down. My dad loved the stock market, and everything to do with it. He was in the mutual fund business for many years. I hope you enjoy your trip to San Francisco with your nephew. I haven’t been there since I was a teenager but really enjoyed it back then. A lot has happened since my last visit, including the march of time and a major earthquake in the bay area. I wonder if I would even recognize my favorite places.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: According to the research I’ve read, children who are born more than five years apart are more like only children than siblings. Perhaps this is because they are the primary focus of mom when they are babies and toddlers. Perhaps it is because they are so far apart in age and friendship circles during school years. I don’t know the why of it. The story of the elderly lady who died alone in her home across the street touches my heart. It seems sad and lonely. I guess each of us dies alone except for the Lord, no matter how many people surround us.:flowerforyou:

Renny: When I was a kid our closest neighbor friends were from Germany. Their Opa came to visit one summer. He was a treasure and fun to be with even though there was a language barrier. It didn’t seem to matter.:flowerforyou:

Cynthia: Thanks for the informed perspective on horses, and congratulations on the great NSV.:flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m happy to hear your ex I doing okay and that you’re dealing with the heat well enough. Carrying water by hand would be hard. Your garden surely knows you love it and lavish it with care.:flowerforyou:

Tina in MD: Happy Anniversary!:flowerforyou:

I just got back from yoga and it was wonderful but too cold! They had the air conditioner on at 8:30 am and it had apparently been running all night. Ridiculous! I made the owner of the salon feel my frost-bitten hands. (Only a slight exaggeration.) She says she’ll see to it that the room doesn’t freeze us.

Have a great day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

July Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!
    Couldn`t get out of bed today,Combination of keeping up with Violet and the stress.
    Have an appt with a lady next thurs to see a mobile home,not getting hopes up again.
    Tomorrow I go for my repeat mammogram and ultrasound.It`s also our wedding anniversary,21 years.
    Have a good one ladies.
    HUGS
    jane
    Welcome back jane