WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2014

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow, Jane, and hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Cynthia
  • Pamala28
    Pamala28 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Lesley, where did you immigrate from?

Oma and Opa are also the Dutch words for grammy and grandpa.

Heather, we are headed to your side of the pond tomorrow. I'm really excited.

A friend gave me two pairs of capris last year. They were too small. One of them fits now! It makes it all worth it.

We are all in shock here about the plan crash. It is feels a bit too close to home.

Talk to you soon!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    afternoon,
    well I did get a small nap in and took Chester to the vet.. then the Hubby came home, not going to call him darling. he started barking at me because I didnt get the lawn done today.. he starts in ,saying Oh I know when your going to do it the day they are coming to take the tree's down...really I dont need the crap... he is upset because he has been trying to get the 100.00 debit card for trying to eat right, well he called them and they said no your supposed to be losing weight so no more using the pedometer,going to eat what he wants....
    what he doesnt know is I am getting the 300.00 debit card because I did lose the weight :laugh:
    I dont like having screaming matches, I dont like confrontation.. I am working 10-3 tomorrow and the weather will be nice so I will be mowing the lawn tomorrow.. doesn't matter if I am hurting or not.. have to keep it going..
    and I am starving and dont know what to eat...
  • CynthiaT60
    Options
    Alison: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The ablation on Tuesday went really well. I'm sitting here feeling pretty darned good. It's amazing really. This is the first time in 15 years that I've been fibrillation free without being on any heart meds at all. Yippee! The doc warned that I could have some more fibrillation in the next few weeks as my heart heals but I'm so happy to be feeling this well already. Even though I was a pain in the neck during and after recovery (more ice chips please), the experience has been surprisingly (amazingly!) good.

I'll try to catch up with what's been happening on this forum over the next few days but will probably have to jump in wherever I am at the moment. I don't think I can read them all!!

:heart: Mimi
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good early evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I have finally finished reading 4 pages of post:blushing: ! Thank you for the kind words on my profile pic, this pic was taken at the end of a day, my hair had gone flat, as usual:laugh: . Sometimes I think it would just be easier not to try to fluff it up at all:ohwell: .

Now that I have read 4 pages I don`t remember what I was going to say:sad: !

Mimi:smile: So glad the procedure went well and you`re feeling great now:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: !!!

Jane Martin:smile: Wishing you the best of luck with the test and the finding of a new home:flowerforyou: !!!

Jane Hadji:smile: So nice to see you again! Pop in when you can!!!

Katla:smile: A new motor and new mattresses:noway: ...yikes!

Kim :smile: San Fran is one of my favorite places:love: !!! Hope your day was fabulous!!!

Cynthia:smile: I know you`ll love 4 weeks of holiday:bigsmile: !!!

Renny :smile: Size 10....YAY!!!! Hope you`re feeling better:flowerforyou: !

Michele:smile: This is fabulous weather we`re having right now:glasses: ! I sat outside on the deck for a bit last night and actually got chilly:tongue: .

Pamala :smile: I saw the new today on the plane crash, such horrible news:brokenheart: :cry: ! Congrats on the capris fitting!

Alison:smile: Sending you a hug:flowerforyou: !

Barbie:smile: Glad you had a good trip!

My brain has gone blank, I know there was more I wanted say:embarassed: !

Welcome everyone new:flowerforyou: ! Hope you`ll pop in often!

The painters (yes, they are still here) are in my great room painting, they have removed all the blinds on my windows...I`m not so sure I`m going to enjoy that once the sun goes down and it gets dark. Even though my backyard is wooded and there are no houses behind me, just knowing that someone could look in the windows gives me the creeps. I think I might just camp out in the bedroom when it gets dark.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC where the weather has been perfect:glasses:
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    We migrated from Dukinfield, Cheshire, England in 1978 to Victoria, Australia. Second marriage for both of us and wanted to get away from ex-spouses. never regretted the decision. I was a path scientist at a local hospital in England going nowhere. In Melbourne I became a seniro research Scientist at peter MacCallum Hopsital, Melbourne. Retired in 2005 due to ill health and moved to 10 acres and comfy, smaller house in Takone, NW Tasmania. We are 25 Km from nearest towns of Wynyard and Somerset where we do our weekly shop and 1 hour drive from Cradle Mountain.
    We have 4 acres of paddocks which we cleared of blackberries, weeds and bracken, 5 acres of woodland, through which we have built 30 minutes of walking tracks and a 400M running track, and 1 acre fenced garden and orchard, to keep rabbits and wallabies out. We grow fruit and veg organically and I love cooking and baking
    Is winter here and yesterday heavy rain and high winds, nice to sit by the fire and watch TV.

Today washing ours and dog's bed sheets and giving our bedroom thorough clean. Walk after lunch and hope NO rain again
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Leslie, I can't read that story enough times...it's like reading a novel. And NOW there's even a walking and running track :smile:

Glad you're feeling better and on the mend Mimi.

Sa'll I got for now. Long day, SO tired.

Catch ya'll on the flip side.

xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Mimi glad it went so well for you.

Beautiful day here. Went to a restaurant that had a wonderful garden eating area with a group of teacher I used to work with about ten years ago. Tonight we went salsa dancing in the park. Delightful evening.

Today I will get my exercise dancing in the park, so tomorrow I am healthier.
    2014 word contentment
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Lesley, thank you for sharing your wonderful story of how you got to Tasmania. It’s a story of which a novel could be written.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Mimi, I’m so happy that your procedure went well and look forward to hearing from you again.

:flowerforyou: This is my busy day with line dance class in the morning and practice for the performance in the afternoon with a lot of dog walking mixed in.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

:bigsmile: 23,000 steps today—

1836545mblph7p32e.gif
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

I picked so many cherry tomatoes tonight that it filled my salad spinner. They are really good too. Just like candy.

This afternoon I called the cardiologists office to ask why I had not received the copy of my lab test results that I requested a week and a half ago. I did, however, receive a copy of the echocardiogram results that I did not ask for. The docs nurse transferred me to records, where I explained the whole thing again. She said she did not have any blood test results for me, and transferred me BACK to the docs nurse, who said, no, we have not received any blood test results. I called the lab where the blood was drawn, and they said it was done June 26th, and to get more info I should call the doctor's office (why didn't I think of that), or the Quest office in Kansas City. I called Quest and they said they sent the results by fax and electronically on June 29th. So, I called the docs office back with this information, and she got defensive. She said she never saw those results, but they might be in the stack of faxes that are yet to be processed. I said I was glad I had not died in the interim, and she assured me that if anything had been wrong with them she would have called me immediately. I asked how she would have done that when she hadn't even seen the results in the first place, and she pretty much just sputtered. It's amazing to me that they can be that disorganized and so condescending at the same time.

On the plus side, I discovered that I can request the lab results directly from Quest, which I did. They said it would be 5-7 days, but I got an email within an hour saying the results were up and ready for me to view on their web site. It was fantastic! The test results looked excellent to me. There was only one thing that was higher than the "range" but I don't remember what it was. Alkaline pho something. Everything else was perfect. Blood sugar was 99, so it was close, but not horrible.

I'm still struggling with my new phone trying to get it tethered to my ancient computer. Grrrrrr!

Mimi, I'm so glad your procedure went well and you are feeling so much better. Fingers crossed that it continues.

Lestan48, I so enjoy hearing about your life. Your farm sounds wonderful. I got a giggle at the thought of putting a fence around the garden to keep wallabies out. We do it here for rabbits and deer. I'd love to see a wallaby. My husband is a chemist, so I indirectly connect with your having been a scientist.

DeeDee, you are beautiful! Great hair too!

Alison, you need to kick his sorry butt to the curb!

They didn't send me a joke today, so I surfed for one:

:happy:

Three women (a blonde, a redhead, and a brunette) are lost in the forest while hunting. They each have a shotgun with 2 bullets. They make a fire. Then the redhead gets up and goes hunting. She comes back with 2 rabbits. The other two say, "Wow, where did you get that?" She says, "I found tracks. I followed tracks. I saw rabbits. Rabbits ran. I shot. Rabbits stopped." Then the brunette leaves and comes back with a deer. The other two say, "Wow, Where did you get that?" She says, "I found tracks. I followed tracks. I saw deer. Deer ran. I shot. Deer stopped." The blonde leaves and comes crawling back, all bloodied and black and blue. They others say, "Wow, where did you get that?" She says, "I found tracks. I followed tracks. I saw train. Train ran. I shot. Train didn't stop."

:laugh:

Good night all!

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, this joke is even better!

:happy:

There is a senior citizen driving on the highway. His wife calls him on his cell phone and in a worried voice says, ''Herman, be careful! I just heard on the radio that there is a madman driving the wrong way on Route 280!'' Herman says, ''I know, but there isn't just one, there are hundreds!''

:laugh:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Pretty quiet day; went out to dinner with neighbor couple, then showed Annie (the woman in the couple) my cherry tomatoes which are going to start to ripen so she can help herself when we are gone. They are just loaded..........

Mimi...........So good to see you back and even better that you are feeling so well!!!

Cindy.............Welcome back after your vacation!

Suzy_in_De.........Hope you catch your rodent!!! My check engine light on the Camry has been on about 4yrs. now.............

Pamala.........Horrific tragedy with that plane........

Sylvia............Sorry about the hassle with your blood work; not surprised though.

G'nite,
    yanniejannie
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Just stopping by for a minute, wanted to share my blog post from this morning with photos of some of my flower gardens at the house. I'm still planning to take my camera to the veg garden one day and photograph the quinoa plants! Take a look at the flowers if you'd like:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jb_2011/view/flower-gardens-678747

Also, today at the park I talked with a lady who told me what her grandmother said about the "golden years"....
    "The only thing golden about the golden years is urine." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying summer! :flowerforyou:

:smile: jb in summertime Portland
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Mimi. so glad your ablation went well. You must tell this cardiac, wanting to be electro phisiology nurse but turned chicken nurse all about it.

Allison, about doing the yard with sciatica, NO

Lesten, it sounds like you lead a very interesting life as far as your jobs have gone. Just one question. And i guess it is to all dog owners. Why does a dog need sheets to wash.

It has been a quiet and very cool day here thanks to our Canadians sending us their wonderful weather. I feel sorry for those kids who are wanting to swim but us old people are comfortable. I didn't call my sis today. I am kind of chicken to and I don't want to to think that I am continually checking up on her like a guardian.

My debit expires this month and I got the new card today. I was getting a little nervous about it. Now I have been trying to go through all of the automatic withdrawals I have bills being paid through and updating the info. Some of them I guess I didn't write down my passwords right but it wouldn't let me log in. So I have to go though the painful process of going through phone mail meaning voice mail tomorrow to get my info updated. Went out with good friends tonight s it was his 66th birthday. Of my husbands 'over the hill'trio at karaoke, one had a birthday this week and then Charlie and the other one next week. They will all be 66. They like to sing a lot of patriotic music together and mention they are all Veitnam vets, Army, Airforce and Navy. They mention this especially when they are singing in nursing homes.

Well I am making a lot of spelling mistakes tonight so I guess I had better get to bed

Joyce, Indiana
  • CynthiaT60
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Sylvia: thanks for the joke (weird things to do)! Just my kind of humor. I could see myself doing a lot of those things. :bigsmile: What a story about the lab results. I can’t deal with that kind of finger-pointing and incompetence. :explode: The good news was that your blood work was so good!

Mimi: how great you’re feeling so much better!

Tying up loose ends at work today; hope I can do it all today and not have to do anything in the weekend. Starting Monday I’m off for four weeks. I need it and I sure am grateful I can take that time.

Stunned by the shot-down plane; there are no words.:sad:

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:

P.S. Down another pound today (finally)!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Muggy here. We had a thunderstorm last night with RAIN and we should have some more tomorrow. Unfortunately it's while the grandchildren are here, but you can't have everything.
    We've taken all the duvets out of their covers as it so humid. Just laying a summer weight one on top for the early mornings if wanted. My son is slways complaining about the heat. The windows are always wide open at his house and I freeze. The baby has her own sleepsuit.
    We only get this sort of weather for about a week a year so we aren't really set up for it. Every year at this time I think about getting insect screens for the windows, but never have, so I'm always creeping around with the lights off.:laugh: One day I will get organised.:tongue:
    Today I'm going to make the gazpacho. Trust me to make it when we're going to have pouring rain!:laugh: Also the hummus for Sunday and the Beef Tataki. The lady who cut me the piece of fillet yesterday said it cut like butter.:bigsmile: Ooooooooh can't wait, it's one of my favourite things. I often have carpaccio when I'm eating out as it's not too heavy on the calories.

Just got to check on the guest bathroom etc and I think I'm done. They are going to text me tomorrow morning when they leave London so I will have an ETA. I very much hope I can get my exercise in early so I can EAT! I plan to get up at 6.30 to get it done. This morning I did 573 calories.:bigsmile: That's a meal and a half!:laugh:

I hope you all treat yourselves well this weekend and any horrible troubles resolve themselves.:flowerforyou: :heart: Self compassion and loving kindness to oneself is the key. You are such lovely women, I am proud to know you.:love:

Hesther in humid Hampshire UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning~
    I slept for 12 hrs and feel much much better.:wink:
    Mimi -so glad your surgery went well and your feeling better..
    I am having warm lemon water, and have to go into work at 10 working until 3, so will come home and do the lawn..have to pick up some hot dog rolls ,for DH for dinner,I wont have that..
    the bill for Chester was 200.00:noway: for lyme,bordedella and heartworm boosters, and to check fecal.. between the 2 of them we have spent over 1,000 in the last 2 weeks
    when it rains it pours.. but we couldnt live without them
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Today I will do some yoga and then treadmill. My weight is still maintaining at 125.0. I would like to lose about 3 more pounds and tone up my legs more, so hard to do. I turned 56 last week, I am glad I don't know what 50-something should feel like. In my head I'm still a kid, not counting the achy joints. How about you all?

So horrible about the plane, praying for comfort for the families.

Alison, many hugs. I don't like confrontation either, it is easier not to argue.

Mimi, so glad your ablation went well.

Lestan48, I grew up on a 10 acre farm. I loved all of the animals and the quiet summers.

DeeDee, we taped trash bags over our window frames when the painters took the blinds down. They weren't in their way.

Sylvia, love your jokes!

Heather, thank you for always sharing your food adventures!

Welcome all new ladies.

Hugs to all I missed.

Cindy in OK
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Count me as another one thankful for the cooler, less humid air! Watering finished...........will sit outside and enjoy my cup of decaf tea shortly. DH about ready to leave for work. Slept well, strange dreams, actually involving some of our group here--how wierd is that?????????

jb............You bring beauty to your corner of the world.

Cynthia..............4 weeks???? Lovely, enjoy every second

Heather............Hope your remaining prep goes smoothly and DS and family have a safe trip to your home.

Well, DD is up, must go see what's on her agenda for the day........

Best to everyone else!

Stay strong!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic