Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    All these feeeeeelins being expressed

I love it

Look at the heat that erupted

You gotta admit my catchy first post

I am going to Bed Now, but when I return, I hope I have at least 2 more friend requests, and double the posts

For the love of Pete, why is "bed" and "now" capitalized??? I must know the answer to this question, but I know it will go unanswered.

And double spacing and no periods. Almost like a drunk attempt at a Haiku.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

I love it

I am going to Bed Now, but when I return, I hope I have at least 2 more friend requests, and double the posts

For the love of Pete, why is "bed" and "now" capitalized??? I must know the answer to this question, but I know it will go unanswered.
    Bed Now is THE scene bar in Downtown Beijing, didn't you know?
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I love it

:drinker:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I love it

Maybe Bed Now is an establishment where beds are sold. Now. Like Bed Bath and Beyond.

and

My apologies for my incorrect grammar and lack of knowledge of the bar scene and/or bed selling establishments in Beijing! Carry on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    in for the GIFs...more please. Thread is too funny.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It is not Bro Science...
    There has got to be a Poe's Law or a Godwin-like definition for the "I'm not broscientist only when I am committing broscience" type person on the internet?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It is not Bro Science...
    There has got to be a Poe's Law or a Godwin-like definition for the "I'm not broscientist only when I am committing broscience" type person on the internet?

I've noticed that people frequently bemoan the lack of science background the rest of us have while refusing to link to actual studies.
  • caimay175
    caimay175 Posts: 42
    Options

I love it

Ohhhhh I get it. It's a poem.
  • likitisplit
    Options

I love it

Ohhhhh I get it. It's a poem.

You are a genius!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It is not Bro Science...

I've noticed that people frequently bemoan the lack of science background the rest of us have while refusing to link to actual studies.
    I took exercise physiology and nutrition classes in college to help round out my basic science requirements, however, even with that background I would not A) think for a second that I am qualified enough to just pull a theory out of my *kitten* and expect it to be irrefutable and/or inerrant; B) Confuse my opinion with the endeavor of science, which is a methodology and not an adjective that is frequently and carelessly append to someone's pet idea.

Yes, I agree, if you are going to post a theory of yours, you should always back it up and cite your sources, science background or not.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I love it

The sad part is some people that don't know better might send you a FR thinking you know what you're talking about when you don't.

Like I've told you repeatedly, you watch one video and think you're an expert at the topic when in reality you know nothing.

Sadly it happens whenever we get one of these posts. I always feel bad for those people getting sucked in by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and will always have another excuse at the ready for why the person is still not seeing results even after following whatever weight loss scheme they are promoting.

When I return from making zucchini bread, I hope to have 4 friend requests from people who enjoy proper grammar and sentence structure. And zucchini bread. It has chocolate chips in it.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Things I have learned from this thread:

1. I need to recalibrate my sarcasm detector (thank you EvgeniZyntx and DavPul).

2. You do not need to know how to write proper English in order to teach the language to others.

3. Some guy named Layne on YouTube has all the answers, but despite this easily accessed knowledge, there are still obese people in the world.

4. ????

5. Profit.

tumblr_mhoevu8CrQ1s56i94o1_400.gif
  • caimay175
    caimay175 Posts: 42
    Options
    Things I have learned from this thread:

1. I need to recalibrate my sarcasm detector (thank you EvgeniZyntx and DavPul).

2. You do not need to know how to write proper English in order to teach the language to others.

3. Some guy named Layne on YouTube has all the answers, but despite this easily accessed knowledge, there are still obese people in the world.

4. ????

5. Profit.

tumblr_mhoevu8CrQ1s56i94o1_400.gif

I learned that zucchini bread has chocolate chips in it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I learned that zucchini bread has chocolate chips in it.

Yum!

giphy.gif
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately....IN

b0759193ca972c527a5f14fc7e3f4725518e966e57e777c97038b9eb80e46550.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    it just so happens that English IS my second language and I was, at one time, an ESL student.

You'd never know it.

He had a better teacher than the OP
  • likitisplit
    Options
    It is not Bro Science...

I took exercise physiology and nutrition classes in college to help round out my basic science requirements, however, even with that background I would not A) think for a second that I am qualified enough to just pull a theory out of my *kitten* and expect it to be irrefutable and/or inerrant; B) Confuse my opinion with the endeavor of science, which is a methodology and not an adjective that is frequently and carelessly append to someone's pet idea.

Yes, I agree, if you are going to post a theory of yours, you should always back it up and cite your sources, science background or not.

However, this is MFP. In my experience, any of the following can be used in lieu of experience, education and references:

- Proper punctuation and grammar
    - Ripped abs displayed in avatar
    - Decorative punctuation
    - Level of butthurt

Some of these are obviously mutually exclusive, but I wouldn't fuss too much about that. Especially consider the quality of your typing and low body fat in your avatar.
This discussion has been closed.