50+ pounds to lose...who's in?

Options
Gearing up to start my weight loss journey (for the umpteenth and hopefully final time). All starting measurements have been recorded, "before" photos have been taken, my workout calendars for the next 3 months have been printed and I am ready to go!

Looking to lose about 52 lbs and looking for others out there with a similar weight loss goal so we can cheer each other on (and give the occasional boot in the bum to keep up the good work).

I figure there are 52 weeks in a year and I have 52 lbs to lose...I want to try and get to goal by July 1st, 2015 (sooner would be better but slow and steady is all I care about).

Replies

• amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Been in since May. Down almost 30, but still have 80 to go.
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    Also just started on Saturday. Day three in and I've hit full on ketoflu....lol. Hanging in there though! I overall have a goal of about 70 which I have broken into increments so as not to feel overwhelmed by the large number! ;) I am so down to motivate and be motivated. Let's do this!
  • CLA1134
    CLA1134 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just started recently as well. My first goal is 50 lbs. :)
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Added everyone thus far. We can do this!
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    CLA, just started and already down 17? That's motivation for me right there!:love:
  • monkeygirl08
    monkeygirl08 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I just recently restarted as well (on day 9) and looking to lose close to 55-60 pounds as a goal and reevaluate when I get there. Please feel free to add me, The more friends and motivation, the better!! :D
  • maralovebug
    Options
    I just started today too and am looking to lose about 54 lbs! :). Would love having a buddy!
  • magicnike8
    Options
    YESSSSS! Let's motivate one another. Kuddo's :)
  • moe2fr
    moe2fr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is 60lbs by April (but the sooner the better)!
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Restarted Saturday my goal is 50 lbs. And I want to do it before I turn 50 in December. I will do this the healthy way, and one day at a time. After I reach the 50 I may want to do 5 or more lbs. off, I will be at my high BMI.
  • HooahLydia
    HooahLydia Posts: 15
    Options
    I hope to lose at least 70 by this time next year! Would love to have some buddies. I don't have a scale, but I do have some measurements. We hope to get a scale soon though. The last time we did, I got way too wrapped up in it, so I promised my husband I'd only weigh myself once a week.
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am restarting myself1 I feel better seeing I am not alone. I would like to lose around 50 lbs. Anyone can feel free to add me. motivation is a big problem fro me and I also struggle with binge eating. 1 day at a time!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I have been on mfp for about a year and a half now and the first six months I lost almost 30 lbs. but over the next six months I gained all but six of it back :(
    So I am looking to recommit for sure!!! I need to lose about 62 lbs. but know its baby steps and cant wait to get the 24 lbs. I gained back off again!
    Maybe we can make some workout challengs or something to stay on track and support one another :)
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Maybe we can make some workout challengs or something to stay on track and support one another :)

I am so in for this!
  • llysenw
    llysenw Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's about the amount I want to lose. I just started yesterday and have been tracking my eating, but I don't really having anything sorted out with workouts. I don't have a gym or any equipment or anything. For now, I'm just walking.
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    That's about the amount I want to lose. I just started yesterday and have been tracking my eating, but I don't really having anything sorted out with workouts. I don't have a gym or any equipment or anything. For now, I'm just walking.

I lost about 20 lbs a couple years ago from just walking. Always had fun going on my walks and bought a few Leslie Sansone, walk at home DVDs for the icky weather days.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm in!!! I have 62 lbs to lose.

Are we going to keep posting on this thread to keep track?
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in anything is better than nothing. Walking is an excellent and effective way to move that body! You can do varied speeds for added variety (brisk pace five minutes, jog three minutes, back to brisk, etc), and even head to the steepest hill in your city and walk up and down it for forty five minutes. Super effective!
  • JuicyLove714
    Options
    i am also looking to lose around the same i want to lose 62 more pounds
    i started this healthy life style about a month and a half ago on may 20th.
    i am hoping to reach my goal by feb of 2015 so thats like 10 pounds a month. we got thissss :)

(SW)- 225.1
    (CW)- 207.1
    (GW)- 145
  • Shubitydowap
    Shubitydowap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have spurts where i do really well and then dump all the work i've done down the drain. Need a little more motivation to keep me on the right track! I love the idea of workout challenges! Anyone feel free to add me, maybe we can pressure the other enough to keep on top of it all!