50+ pounds to lose...who's in?

Options

Replies

• tngirlnow10
    tngirlnow10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have never joined in on a board on MFP.... I have lost 52 lbs in the last year ( I have been stuck for a few months). I want to lose another 60. Maybe joining a group for support will be helpful. Good luck to everyone!
  • kelieprincess
    kelieprincess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Swimming tonight for an hour and a half :) I don't swim constantly as I've only just learnt how to swim but should burn off quite a few calories xx
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Losing 50 more pounds would get me really close to my goal! Jo
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Feel fre to add me- I have lost 40 and have 59 to go
  • nicoleyg
    nicoleyg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to lose at least 93 more pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • phelan999
    phelan999 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to join! i have around 50 lbs to lose, but I've been mostly maintaining for a year. Time to get serious! I will check out the group OP mentioned. Please add me as a friend, too. Let's do this :smile:
  • brandylb79
    brandylb79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

I just started 3 days ago and already feel good. I need to lose 50+lbs also.

Good luck everyone!
  • samanthashade982
    samanthashade982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    People please add me! Im in the 180s and trying to get in the 130s.
  • bregrig
    bregrig Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have 50 pounds to lose as well and I look forward to having people share my journey with me!
  • breezy_ny
    breezy_ny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 50 lbs to lose.. I have gained back all the weight I lost a year ago , I'm looking forward to sharing my journey. :smile:
  • Shaystays
    Shaystays Posts: 34
    Options
    Started my diet almost 5 weeks ago- but started MFP yesterday. Thursday will be my first weigh-in, I am hoping to lose about 74lbs by March 2015.

We can do this!!! :D
  • HeartbeccaCA
    HeartbeccaCA Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am working on 150 to lose.... I know I have a long row to hoe, but the journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step. :heart:
  • dolphin90025
    Options
    I have 50+ pounds to lose and need motivation, tips, and advice!
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've lost 18 and have 98 more to go. Feel free to add me, looking forward to sharing this journey with others!
  • lgodwin413
    lgodwin413 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have 50 lbs to lose. Trying to over come bed. Looking for friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • SonyaKilpatrick
    SonyaKilpatrick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in... I would love to lose about 60 really. But 50 would be awesome to.. :happy:
  • grannykaren57
    Options
    I am in... I would like to loose 80 pounds.. ouch that is a whole lot of loosing.. My name is Karen and I am 57 yrs old.. so loosing it for myself and health is very important now...
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm game. 50 down would put me right where i need to be. I started at 245, I got down to 189 but have been creeping back up again.

Anyone who wishes too can add me to their FL. The more the merrier.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just been reading through this thread & it's great to see the determination you guys all have....

If I may be so bold as to offer some advice - I started out (November 2012) with an intended goal of losing 168lb, I didn't set an over all time limit, I simply decided to celebrate mini goals; my mini goals were 7lb losses (half a stone if you're from the UK) & each time I lost 7lb I booked myself in for a new tattoo - nowadays it has become unnecassary to reward myself & I'll get more ink done as & when finances permit....

Anyway, I digress.... My advice is don't set timed goals as you may not get there & that can be very demotivating, just set mini goals of amounts of weight - you are human & you will screw up, you will feel dispondant & you will lose your way from time to time; don't allow this to derail you.... This is a long journey & most of us need to take nature breaks when we're travelling a long way - therefor when you hit a wall on your weight loss journey, just go with the flow; if you over indulge - so what, eat better tomorrow; if you feel demotivated - rethink your goals & motivations; if you want to stop the journey & just live a "normal" life - take a break from tracking, test the waters & see if you can actually do this without calorie counting (there's more ways to lose weight than counting calories).

And most importantly if you look at this as dieting, you are looking at failure - however, if you look at this as a lifestyle (& we all know life can be very unpredictable) then it can't fail.... The only way to fail is to stop trying.

Incidentally I am now about 20lb short of losing 168lb & I have set myself a timed goal - I would like to lose the remaining 20lb by the middle November this year, because then I will have lost 168lb (12stone) in 24 months, which means I will weigh less than half of my starting weight of 321lb (22st 13lb).

Anyway good luck to you all - the race is long & in the end it is only with yourself....

Enjoy the journey, you'll be amazed at what will find out about yourself.

xXx
  • jasonctyler
    Options
    Exactly 50lb left to lose, I'm going all in. Good luck everyone!