50+ pounds to lose...who's in?

Options

Replies

• crsfox35
    crsfox35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is exactly how much I have to lose. Day 2 today. Please add me as a friend!! We can do this!
  • laschroeder
    Options
    Count me in! I would love to drop 50 lbs. I had great results with MFP a couple of years back and lost 35...gained it all back once I hit peri menopause. I respond better with motivation :)
  • pt48painter
    Options
    Me, too. Turned 50 yo this year, stepped on scale at doc's last week & am 50 overweight, AND daughter's boyfriend asked permission to marry. Lots of stress in my life, but also lots of incentives. Awesome co-worker walks fast & wants to spend lunches walking. Looking forward to sharing your health journey's.
  • abibowmer96
    abibowmer96 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just need some help with my weightless. i am 5ft10, 14 stone (196lb) and i want to lose 3 stone (42lb) and i just need some friends to help me along the way. I walk 2.5 miles a day in 35 minutes and i am aiming for 1000 calories a day.

This is the heaviest weight i have been to date and it is making me miserable so today is the day i start my diet properly and for good. The reason i am wanting to lose the weight mainly is because i have a gorgeous irish boyfriend who i dont get to see often because of the distance and i just want him to think wow every time he sees me. h also has a ball coming up in november and i want to look fabulous.

Any advice will be much appreciated and i just really need some support along the way.xox
  • trevebyn
    trevebyn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    50lb would get me to a great place. Please ad me to the group :)
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have lost 19 pounds in total since May 2013. I got 80 more pounds to go. Hopefully before May 2014. I have had a whole lot of set backs but I am determined to be successful. I am not playing around this time! I am super serious about getting fit.

So I am in! Add me as a friend.

My name is Marisol
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I started in December at 186 and am currently at 157.4, I would like to be around 110 for the weddings I have to be in next June!
  • pt48painter
    Options
    Love your profile image! Stay strong!
  • R_ckThisBody
    R_ckThisBody Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sounds great i have like 80 lbs to lose , so losing 50 with you guys will bring me closer to my weight goal.
  • purplenikkii
    purplenikkii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This might be a good way for me to get motivation back. Once I get home from work I plan on updating my numbers, taking photos, etc. I have about 70-80 pounds I want to lose, and I'm hoping that this time around I can succeed.
  • MarthaVail
    Options
    I'm in, too! I think I do everything better when there's group motivation, group support and accountability to others. I guess I'm just not a "go it alone" type.

This project of losing 22 kg/3 stone/50 pounds and building a strong body has been intimidating because I haven't lived in Edinburgh long, and don't (yet) have the sorts of friends who I would want to share this journey with. My partner is really supportive and encouraging, but I don't think I can completely share the challenges with him because he's in *great* shape.

What he has done is promise me rewards along the way. One big goal, since we just bought a water rower, is to "row to Venice". That's 2100 km! Once I've accomplished that distance on the rower--it's off to Venice for us!
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've manage to lose 47lbs in 6 months, so if I can do it, anyone can :)
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!
  • tonums1977
    tonums1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want in! I Need to lose a minimum of 50 pounds and can use all the help I can get!
  • PoseysMama
    Options
    I just started today and I have about 100 I want to lose. I haven't made a goal of when I want to lose it by but, like I said, this is day 1 for me!
  • tvn4ds
    tvn4ds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this! I have been on and off this site for a couple years now. Getting serious about needing to do this for me and my health and this time seems to be working a bit. I have more to go than 50 lbs, but that would be a nice goal, and if I hit it early :love: I can always shoot for the ultimate. Lets Do This!!!
  • jessera04
    jessera04 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 60 lbs by April 2015. I am on day 12 or 13 and am down at least a lb. I will take any and all the support I can get.
  • stardisgate
    stardisgate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goals are increments of 15, but total 125.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Lost some weight so far, but still have over 50 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • k2kla
    k2kla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is -100 lbs. by next July, I'm down 25 since January. Good luck to everyone.