Just HOW do you deal with INCONSIDERATE partners

Options
1234568»

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that like most women, you;re home doing mostly nothing but cooking. Have you considered getting off your *kitten* and bringing him lunch every day? If you're not going to put in the work to control him, this is how every single day of the rest of your life is going to be. Stop being so lazy and take some responsibility.

This was really uncalled for.
    My guess is that above guy believes OP is a troll and therefore responded with a troll of his own....

The "If you're not going to put in the work to control him" bit was what tipped me off....
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right? Please let this be a joke....
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I've been very happily married for 17 years and I can't think of a single situation where I would willingly eat kale saute and tofu with bean sprouts that my husband cooked for me.

I think I'd fake my own death before I would eat that. :laugh:

I think the fiance was just being nice and avoiding the truth about how awful the meal sounded to him.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like it has more to do with your sex life than it does with food...
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Your dinner menu made me think of the scene in annie hall when woodie allen orders the alfalfa sprouts with a side of mashed yeast. Poor guy has to put up with your dinner choices lol.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    OMG you should so seriously break his ribs with his bag of doritos!

The GALL of eating a big lunch knowing he has tofu and kale....and how DARE he tell you about it and try to PAY for you to go out with your girlfriends for a dinner knowing it would ruin your calories for the day.

I am shocked and appalled that this behaviour goes on in this day and age. Shocked and appalled.

This man needs some serious training before he can be married. Send him to me. I will sort his sorry *kitten* out. I can whip him into shape in no time.
  • comona
    comona Posts: 18
    Options
    Same issue!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think people have forgotten what the purpose of the post was.

It wasn't to pick on the author for what she was making for dinner and feeding her fiancee. Some people think it's nasty, I get that. I think ribs and steak are nasty. We all have different tastes.

The point of her post was that she doesn't feel like she is getting the support she needs (which is kind of the purpose of this site). It's great that he called yes, but it's also equally great that she was making dinner. I can't cook to save my life so kudos to you chica!!

She's trying to do something better for herself and eat healthier and now has to eat it by herself. Personally I am way more inclined to cheat when my partner doesn't support me or is eating unhealthy food.

I would try to talk to him about it. Explain that it's hard to do something by yourself. Even if he had a big lunch, can he maybe have a small dish and eat with you anyway? A marriage is about partnership and compromise, you two definitely need to work together on those.

I'm sorry... but no. She's calling her fiance inconsiderate, not because he bought a pizza, chips, cookies and cake, brought it home and ate it in front of her.... Oh no, it's simply because he ate too much for lunch and won't be needing dinner. "Thanks honey, but I'm super full!" THE HORROR!! THE NERVE!!

Just because she may not have self-control over herself doesn't mean that her SO is required to eat what she eats, ALL THE TIME. If it's about spending time together, then sure, explain that she'd like to sit down and eat with him and he can have a tall glass of milk while they talk about their day. But being upset because he ATE FOOD and now ISN'T HUNGRY is ridiculous.

Your SO isn't even required to eat what you want to eat if he doesn't want to, and it can still be supportive! "Honey, I'm so proud of you for eating that kale and tofu!" Doesn't mean he has to eat it!

PS: She can also go out to eat, and get something HEALTHY, that still fits in her calories. Even if she can't find ANYTHING that matches, going over by 100 or so calories for ONE MEAL isn't going to kill her. One meal didn't make her skinny, one meal ain't gunna make her fat. How dare her husband offer something nice and relaxing, and to even pay for it?! GOD!

Thank you for writing what I came in to write, and so much better too!

(in other words, +1 )
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think people have forgotten what the purpose of the post was.

It wasn't to pick on the author for what she was making for dinner and feeding her fiancee. Some people think it's nasty, I get that. I think ribs and steak are nasty. We all have different tastes.

The point of her post was that she doesn't feel like she is getting the support she needs (which is kind of the purpose of this site). It's great that he called yes, but it's also equally great that she was making dinner. I can't cook to save my life so kudos to you chica!!

She's trying to do something better for herself and eat healthier and now has to eat it by herself. Personally I am way more inclined to cheat when my partner doesn't support me or is eating unhealthy food.

I would try to talk to him about it. Explain that it's hard to do something by yourself. Even if he had a big lunch, can he maybe have a small dish and eat with you anyway? A marriage is about partnership and compromise, you two definitely need to work together on those.

I'm sorry... but no. She's calling her fiance inconsiderate, not because he bought a pizza, chips, cookies and cake, brought it home and ate it in front of her.... Oh no, it's simply because he ate too much for lunch and won't be needing dinner. "Thanks honey, but I'm super full!" THE HORROR!! THE NERVE!!

Just because she may not have self-control over herself doesn't mean that her SO is required to eat what she eats, ALL THE TIME. If it's about spending time together, then sure, explain that she'd like to sit down and eat with him and he can have a tall glass of milk while they talk about their day. But being upset because he ATE FOOD and now ISN'T HUNGRY is ridiculous.

Your SO isn't even required to eat what you want to eat if he doesn't want to, and it can still be supportive! "Honey, I'm so proud of you for eating that kale and tofu!" Doesn't mean he has to eat it!

PS: She can also go out to eat, and get something HEALTHY, that still fits in her calories. Even if she can't find ANYTHING that matches, going over by 100 or so calories for ONE MEAL isn't going to kill her. One meal didn't make her skinny, one meal ain't gunna make her fat. How dare her husband offer something nice and relaxing, and to even pay for it?! GOD!

This!^

though I am seriously hoping OP was trolling.

Side note my husband is a vegetarian and I'd have to beat him with a stick to get him to eat kale, sprouts and tofu!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't believe all the MEAN PEOPLE (tm) in this thread.

After all, aren't we all on the "Chit-Chat, FUN, and GAMES" board for the same reason?
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

After all, aren't we all on the "Chit-Chat, FUN, and GAMES" board for the same reason?

I wondered how long it would take for he words "mean people" to come into the conversation.
    Longer than I expected.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    HOW do you deal with INCONSIDERATE partners? Like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuErGJ9v0yXfPLojOvjUs9md1jUS4zNfhDt4492eCtbmt7c86wSA

But seriously, don't sweat the small stuff. You are making a mountain out of a molehill here. How are you going to deal with the big REAL issues that come up in your marriage if you react this way over a meal?
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I had a perfectly nice dinner of kale saute and some tofu with bean sprouts.. AND HE WON'T EAT

:sick: I don't blame him, one bit!

I wouldn't be there for this "dinner" either.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

I wondered how long it would take for he words "mean people" to come into the conversation.
    Longer than I expected.

Plus it was being used facetiously, so we can argue whether it's a legitimate sighting.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    =) I definitely saw the words - facetious or not =)