just kill his phone :grumble:
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    He has access to mine, although I don't get access to his. :ohwell:

:noway: ..........

Yeah, my thoughts, too. :grumble:

I really should! He is so crazy about his phone. He accidentally handed me his phone the other day and practically tackled me to get I back.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options

I really should! He is so crazy about his phone. He accidentally handed me his phone the other day and practically tackled me to get I back.

get a new SO
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

get a new SO

^this.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

There's something kinda...wrong there. Wouldn't you say?
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My phone is locked because I have two kids who are constantly stealing it and playing Mah Jong and Solitaire on it whenever I put it down…that in itself isn't the issue, but more that I don't want them getting into the pictures and videos that I do for work. His phone has to be locked because of HIPPA regulations - his clients full names, phone #, and addresses are on his phone.

My hubs can have full access to my phone if he wants it, but being a social worker, he respects my privacy far too much to go through texts and pictures, especially when the pictures and texts are from my clients. We're also in an open marriage, and just as I respect the privacy of his relationship with his girlfriend, he respects the privacy of my own relationship with my boyfriend. The amount of trust we have in each other is incredibly important, and I think we do a phenomenal job of communicating with each other.

ETA: I just asked him if he wanted to go through my phone - his response? "With the amount of junk pics you have on there from clients? That would be a big HELL NO!" :laugh:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    We answer each other's phones, have the same password on our phones (both smartphones and if they got lost, we don't want a bunch of our secure information being accessed) and half the time I have to show him how to work his phone, since it's his first smartphone. If he's texting, I just ask him who he's texting and he tells me, and vice versa. Neither of us have anything to hide and we've been together for 24 years, so we pretty much know anything and everything about each other and each other's friends and family. No secrets between us.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My phone is locked because I have two kids who are constantly stealing it and playing Mah Jong and Solitaire on it whenever I put it down…that in itself isn't the issue, but more that I don't want them getting into the pictures and videos that I do for work. His phone has to be locked because of HIPPA regulations - his clients full names, phone #, and addresses are on his phone.

My hubs can have full access to my phone if he wants it, but being a social worker, he respects my privacy far too much to go through texts and pictures, especially when the pictures and texts are from my clients. We're also in an open marriage, and just as I respect the privacy of his relationship with his girlfriend, he respects the privacy of my own relationship with my boyfriend. The amount of trust we have in each other is incredibly important, and I think we do a phenomenal job of communicating with each other.

ETA: I just asked him if he wanted to go through my phone - his response? "With the amount of junk pics you have on there from clients? That would be a big HELL NO!" :laugh:

You are rather amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone or texting on my dumbphone. It's not locked. There is nothing to hide. My husband could check it if he wanted...if he can find it. I have no idea where it is right now.
  • corehawk
    corehawk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My employer owns my phone and requires a lock, but I don't let her on my phone anyway. If I did, every female in this thread would probably be suspect of sleeping with me. She has a lock, but I don't ever want to look anyway.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows my PIN and can look through it if he really wants to. His phone is unlocked.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options

There's something kinda...wrong there. Wouldn't you say?

Oh absolutely. I know it isn't right, trust me, he knows where I stand on it. He just doesn't give an f.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Mine is locked. And no, he doesn't have the password.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Sounds suspicious.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Yep. My wife can even see my Internet history. *gasp*

ditto
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options

What I don't get are people saying they have personal text conversations with other people - why don't you just delete the conversation afterwards? If you need to protect the other persons privacy or something.

Perhaps I'm missing something because I don't use mobile phones or text messages for this type of conversation. :indifferent:

To me...the question would be why do I have to erase my conversations because someone wants to read them. I am close to my sister in law and she vents about my husbands brother to me. My husband having knowledge of her feelings could put him in an odd position when talking to his brother.

Picture an old house phone.....if every time you wanted to chat with someone and your spouse picked up another line and listened.....that would be creepy..... Would you want them to stop or should you start sneaking around to use the phone so you can't be spied on?

yes, fair enough.

I guess I don't have these sort of conversations by text message so it isn't an issue that affects me.
  • indignantgnome
    indignantgnome Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes and no - I have no lock code, but if I did he'd know what it was. However, I guard my phone with my life because it's my personal space, and that deserves respect. I assume if he's looking through my phone he's suspicious of something; he's welcome to look through it *if* he's going to tell me what it is he's looking for, because I want to know what I'm suspected of.

I have access to his phone, but couldn't care less - because that's *his* property, *his* personal space, and I have no business being in it.
  • DAWNSTEP
    DAWNSTEP Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think I misinterpreted this thread because a lot of the answers have the word "snooping" in them. When I answer my husbands phone or check out a text I hear I'm not snooping I am doing it because he left his phone upstairs and he might need to know who's trying to contact him. Also I do a lot of texting/calling for him when he's driving and vice versa.

When he checks out my texts and responds he's not snooping it's because he hears my phone going off, knows who it is by the ring tone and answers for me.

If you're "snooping" in your SO's phone, internet browser etc. then there are serious trust issues. If you go on your SO's phone, internet etc. because you need to use it, you just happened to answer it etc.that's completely different.

I trust my husband. He trusts me. There is no reason to snoop and no reason to NOT have access to each others phones.

I am single, but if I were married or had an SO I would be the same way. And Snooping to me implies trying to find something bc you don't trust.

And I must be out of the loop with people getting nudes on MFP....LMAO!