Dumped for being 'TOO FAT" :(

Options
15678911»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    To any one who's interested - OP was last seen in 2014 after racking up 3 posts, all in this thread. I don't think she's coming back...

hopefully she is over it by now...
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @missIssa36 You should have kicked his a** to the curb a long time ago! LOL :wink: You need real love and support. My husband loves me no matter what weight I'm at. He is always there to support me, no matter what I choose to do. That selfish loser was all about elevating himself and keeping you down. Wait for the right one next time. Get your support and love from family and friends. Without love and mutual respect, you don't have a real relationship. Just focus on being you right now. YOU are beautiful! :smiley: Michelle
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    To any one who's interested - OP was last seen in 2014 after racking up 3 posts, all in this thread. I don't think she's coming back...

hopefully she is over it by now...

I dunno. Sometimes I go back to old boards I used to post in years ago just to see who's still there, and it's interesting how many people are still caught up in the same personal drama years later.
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I didn't notice the date this was posted. I wonder why it is still showing up on the first page? :neutral:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mrssie1223 wrote: »
    Oh wow. I didn't notice the date this was posted. I wonder why it is still showing up on the first page? :neutral:

Because a spambot posted in it, which bumped it to the front page, and people keep responding to it.

Like I just did...

oops
  • mph323
    Options

The initial bump was done by a bizarre spam post about a spell-caster who can bring your lover back to you. After that it was open season :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

The initial bump was done by a bizarre spam post about a spell-caster who can bring your lover back to you. After that it was open season :)

But now he's gone and I may be forever doomed to be without my man...
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I bet the OP is happily married by now.

Not if she took that guy back though. I wonder what ever happened to the OG poster from this dead thread. Did she lose weight, did she move to Miami & start a basketball team manned by lobsters? What is the square root of purple?
  • mph323
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There, there <handpats> I know this gypsy down on 34th and Vine - she mixes up a helluva love potion. Madam Ruth - you've heard of her?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

There, there <handpats> I know this gypsy down on 34th and Vine - she mixes up a helluva love potion. Madam Ruth - you've heard of her?

It'll need to be a strong one. I can chase men away quick as a cat. :bigsmile:
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Honestly I had a girl do this to me in college & it was one of the most hurtful experiences of my life. She had lost a lot of weight & was pretty serious about continuing that journey. She was helping me lose weight too & we walked & worked out together every day. Her mom told her that if she dated me that she would gain all of her weight back. So she just up & dropped my *kitten* out of the blue because her mom's opinion was more important than her thinking for herself. Wherever she is, she can just go *kitten* herself with a cactus!

Well great, now I'm pissed about stupid crap from 15 years ago.
  • Swanson2007
    Swanson2007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should be glad you didn't end up with him. It might hurt now, but it's good he showed his true colors now & not after you married him. I'd rather be happy by myself than with a jerk just so I wasn't "alone". Obviously he's not the supportive partner you deserve.
  • mph323
    Options

It'll need to be a strong one. I can chase men away quick as a cat. :bigsmile:

Ha ha maybe see if she can come up with something a little more potent than love potion number 9? Sounds like you'd need at least a 12 :smile:
  • myfits29
    myfits29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post but since this seemed to hit a nerve recently I thought I'd share some interesting perspectives on this. If you're interested in blaming a man for not wanting to go through life with a woman who is 80 lbs overweight, the first post should confirm your perspective. But you really need to then read the second post.

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/why-i-left-my-fat-wife/

Then read this one:

http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/advice/a234/beta-husband/
  • mph323
    edited June 2017
    Options
    myfits29 wrote: »
    I know this is an old post but since this seemed to hit a nerve recently I thought I'd share some interesting perspectives on this. If you're interested in blaming a man for not wanting to go through life with a woman who is 80 lbs overweight, the first post should confirm your perspective. But you really need to then read the second post.

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/why-i-left-my-fat-wife/

Then read this one:

http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/advice/a234/beta-husband/

<blink>

eta: If you're going to post opinions I think it's more appropriate to post your own rather than using a blog post and a Marie Claire article to - what? I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I wonder how people would act if it was a guy who got dumped for being too fat? I assume the response would be something like, "Stop whining" and "Man up".

I'm done now. Go back to whatever it this thread is.
  • mph323
    Options
    I wonder how people would act if it was a guy who got dumped for being too fat? I assume the response would be something like, "Stop whining" and "Man up".

I'm done now. Go back to whatever it this thread is.

Um, this is a necro-thread from 2014. Opinion noted, though.