kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Dec 1st: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 6th: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 15th: 203.4 lbs
    Dec 20th: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 27th:
    Dec 31st:

Darn sodium buffet this weekend is what I'm blaming it on! :grumble: CJ took me to his friends housewarming party Saturday night, then yesterday I had my parents & sister over for dinner to celebrate my mom & sister's birthdays. I made my mom's favorite Ham & Bean soup with cornbread. Mmmmmm - but OH SODIUM! :grumble: Plus TOM is planning to visit me this week, Merry freakin Christmas! :angry:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    55tolose>> Congrats on being overweight!

Congrats everyone who's losing!

I'm back at my parents' house for the holidays. Ugh. Now to unload the car and clean the house, help decorate the tree all while working on my masters portfolio. Heehheeh.

Yesterday I moved out of my 15th residence. January 2nd, I'll be moving into residence #16. I HATE MOVING!

I'm going to try and civilize one of our hound dogs to take back to school with me as a house pet. We'll see how that goes. So far this morning she's already run away from me, knocked over a trash can, and destroyed the contents.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    163.0 today now lets try not to ruin the progress again today hahaha. well I have decided to FINALLY kick my soda habit in the butt. thats about 4-8 hundred calories per day that im throwing out the window!!! *I hope* lol Im determined this time. This will be my new years resolution im just getting a jump start on it. : ) god i hope it sticks. wish me luck ladies. day one no soda 12/20/2010 : )

speaking of things sticking im really hoping that this snow outside is not one of them. have i mentioned that i don't like snow very much hehe well its been snowing or raining since saturday : ( Its really falling right now and i have to drive the canyon to work today scary I hate it. ugh lol one day heaven knows when but some day im going to live somewhere where it is rare to see snow or at least very much of it.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Yesterday was not a very good day for me. I talked my boyfriend into seeing a councilor and our homework was to go out on a date just the two of us. No kids. So we went out last night and I was not good. I just eat and eat, but today is a new day and I will stay good today for sure!
    Does everyone have their shopping done? I leave Wednesday for my sisters place in OR, going to be a long drive. I'm bringing healthy snacks and stuff for the road but wont have much control over food once we get there. Just better get a small plate and fill up on the veggie.
    I am now scared of the scale and wont get on it tell I get back from my trip. I will try to stay on here to keep my focus though.
    :flowerforyou:
  • 55tolose
    Options
    163.0 again yay : )
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Catching up on all the posts, and big shout-out's to all who are maintaining and losing during this crazy time of year. :drinker:

I haven't been exercising, and my eating has not been very good either. My kids have been sick - my 2 year old had pinkeye last week and was congested and coughing all night over the weekend, and last night my 5 year old threw up in her bed. Lovely! :sick:

My mom arrived yesterday for the holidays, and stayed home with the coughing daughter yesterday afternoon so I could go back in to work, and now she is home with the barfy daughter today. I am taking her to the spa tomorrow afternoon for a massage, assuming all my kids are healthy and back at school/daycare. Thanks mom! :smooched:

I still have shopping to do, and LOTS of wrapping to do!! I feel like I'm way behind from dealing with all this sickness. I haven't sent out any xmas cards yet either. So much to do... but I'd rather sleep! :yawn:

55, I totally agree with the others about reading to the little ones. I started later with my first one, because I felt a bit silly until she was a bit older, but then with #2 she got to listen in on the older daughter's stories since she was a baby. Our routine is books at bedtime. After they are in their pj's, teeth brushed, etc, they climb into bed and I read them stories. It actually works as an incentive for the older one, I can threaten no stories if she's not co-operating with the bedtime routine. That is like the worst thing in the world for her! No stories?! :noway:

The great thing is that once they are used to reading and playing with books, I can give them books to 'read' themselves and they amuse themselves with them in bed, which keeps them quiet, and they eventually fall asleep! And my favorite melt-your-heart moment is on weekend mornings, when my older daughter wakes up and goes into my younger daughter's room and starts 'reading' stories to her (by memory or just making stuff up based on the pictures). I lay in my own bed, pretending to sleep, and listen to her with such joy and laughter! :smile:

Happy Holidays everyone!! Enjoy your families - be grateful for them!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    dm that was sooo sweet to read. Made my eyes tear up it reminded me that my son likes to go into my daughters room and climb into her crib and play with her in the morning it is soo cute! I have got him a book shelf and lots and lots of books and even some cd's with songs from back when that i cannot remember half of nor the lyrics to and we played one early because i wanted to and he loved it. .... He has also been watching toddler videos on the computer with us and he begs us .. he asks if he can sing every day.

Now we are having a slight problem with the bedtime story time because he is using it as an excuse to stay up he had dad reading to him for half an hour past the time they were going to stop and it ended up in my son throwing a huge fit and i do mean a huge fit as dad struggled to get him to bed (normally it is easy as pie to get the kids to bed) sooo bedtime reading not such a good idea but after breakfast reading is looking promising : ) it seems like it will work too because his preschool doesn't even start untill one in the afternoon and its only two days a week and if i get this job im trying to get then i wont have to be to work untill one EVERY shift which is on the opposite days as school .... WOW A Regulare schedual that doesn't change!! How sweet would that be : ) hehe so ya no obligations untill one so reading after breakfast seems like a good choice.

he is really really loving reading and your right I felt absolutely stupid reading to him as a baby but now i feel like he understands and all of that.
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Well the month of Dec. is almost over. I have lost 2pds. I don't know if I will hit the 5pd mark but we will see. I have to say that
    I have been making myself exersise more because of all the treats. :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Dentist apt today and I was running late so I skipped my breakfast :frown: and now my teeth hurt sooooo much that I don't really want much lunch. I think I will go for a smoothie. Last day of work for me until next year and I am driving 12 hours to my sister's house tonight. Looking forward to spending time with my family. I am so very happy that my sister in law is going also because she is doing great and already lost 18 or 19 lbs, so she will help me stay on top of eating better and at least we can walk together for exercise. I never wanted to be the kind of girl that says "GET ME THIS FOR CHRISTMAS!" but I must say that if my boyfriend forgets about getting me a gift this year I am taking the girls (my sister and my sister in law) leaving the kids and going out for a night on the town! A big fat diamond ring would be nice (8 1/2 years of BS ladies!), but I will settle for a cute sweater in my size. Just something! I bet he couldn't tell you what "he" got our kids if it meant life or death! Even though I have talked with him about it a lot! :laugh:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    So far December has been really weird. Its the first time I'm actually losing weight every week but I am also working out less because I am working late and eating not so good.

Dec 1st: 182.5 lbs
    Dec 6th: 182 lbs
    Dec 13th: 181 lbs
    Dec 20th: 179 lbs
    Dec 27th:
    Dec 31st:
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    FINALLY! This week's weigh brought good news..I've dropped 2.5lbs :bigsmile: im not expecting a loss next week as it is christmas :blushing: but who knows???
  • allibinky
    allibinky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Think I might have finally shaken this flu. I've been baking up a storm this week and keep finding myself snacking on raw dough. No clue how much of it I've eaten, so I'm not sure how to track it. Have tried to eat normal amounts at other times and hope for the best. Between frantic housework and being ill, I'm down 4 pounds this week.

Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

December 1: 147
    December 6: 145
    December 13: 144
    December 20: 140
    December 27:
    December 31:
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    55, glad to hear you've got the prospect of a regular schedule on the horizon. Everything seems to go more smoothly when you can build a routine, doesn't it. We almost had the same issue with reading as an excuse to stay up, but now I plan to get them ready for bed a bit earlier, and I set a limit as to how many books they get, depending on how much time we have. For example, they may get 1 or 2 books each, and my older daughter also knows the difference between 'short' and 'long' books, so she might be allowed 1 long and 1 short, but not 2 long, etc. The younger one still calls me back to her room "mommy read!" and it is hard to say no to something that is so good for them. I equate it to saying 'no you're not allowed to eat your vegetables' - it just feels so wrong to say. But, I do have to set limits, so that's why I tell her to 'read' to herself, or that mommy has to go pee or to bed or whatever to get myself out of the room without a tantrum. I've read that other people have a time limit like 8pm, and when 8pm hits, the book closes and the light goes out, whether they were done or not - personally, I can't be that strict... It sounds like your after-breakfast reading will work perfectly! Enjoy! Oh, and one of my other favorite things to do is to let them finish the sentences for me in the easier books, like "Moo Baa La-la-la": A cow says ---, A sheep says ---, etc. And you truly don't need to worry about not having started earlier - remember I started later with my first daughter too, and she was still very advanced with her language skills, and now at 5, she is completely bilingual (English and French). Kids are sooo amazing! I am constantly in awe of their abilities. The new fun thing for us, is I show the pictures of the animals in the book, and ask my younger daughter 'what's that' and she answers in English, then I ask my older daughter to tell me what it is in French. Then we all act the fool and make the animal's noise. Listening to my 2 year old try to snort like a pig is so funny!!! :laugh: Ok, enough of my mommy talk...

lillmssy - great work losing 2 pounds!! Good for you for focusing on your exercise! I have let my exercise slide this month. I weighed myself yesterday for the first time since Dec 1st, and I've gained 2 pounds. Eek! That means I have 2 pounds to lose over Christmas in order to post a maintenance month!

Jenn - if you bf doesn't buy you something this year, we'll all join you for your night on the town!! (at least in spirit!!) You totally deserve something thoughtful and sweet. (or at least practical?)... (something, anything?!)... Are you close to anyone in his family - mother, sister? Can you drop some hints with them? My hubby LOVES Christmas. He and his family have totally raised the bar, compared to what I was used to with my family. I have a hard time keeping up.

Sugar, beky, and alli, congrats on your losses!! You're doing great!!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    Well im glad to say that I was 164 today but Im not thinking the rest of the week is going to look so good. We had christmas dinner (Lasagna) and chocolate pie and a couple mini eclairs at my husbands moms house today and french toast thismorning and a cup of mint chocolate cocoa mmm yum ... And since it was Our "christmas day" today I let myself have some soda. I did go 3 and a half whole days without tho so yay me lol back at it tomorrow.

Dm- Such a relief to relate to someone on this Im working at being more hands on with him. Their all wood highchairs are in the mail and i have gotten them playdough : ) h.ow fun definately something I have to play with them I also got him watercolors and an art kit with sisors and glue and construction paper....
    He is doing soo good too in the 4 days since i opened his one music cd of the 4 I got him for christmas he has been trying to sing the abc's out of order but he gets some of the letters in order. so yay and preschool starts in one week and five days i cant wait to see how he does he is going to be scared for sure but once he sees the kids he gravitates toward them like no other so im thinking i will have a hard time getting him to leave as we have experienced in the past : )
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Just want to wish all my family here at MFP a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and enjoy time with friends and family ...forget about all the diet and exercise for the day...cherrish the time you spend with your loved ones....HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    loosing over the holiday season? you girls are AMAZING. I AM aiming at maintaining this season. :)
  • 55tolose
    Options
    Well today was not as bad as i thought it would be Iv been hovering around 163 and today after the christmas goodies i hit 162.6 Its four ounces but its a different Lower number so that makes me happy and so far a pound and a half loss for the month. Cant wait to see how i do for the month.

Also I just started trying not to drink soda because of the fact that i was having 1 litre a day and sometimes 2! Now Tracys mom got me a 24 pack for christmas so im going to have to work on moderation lol : ) thank goodness they are only cans and not litres, much easier to have portion control and i am keeping them warm and putting them in the fridge as i want them. : ) also a friend of Tracy's got me some homemade white chocolate over popcorn and pretzle trail mix. YUMMMY!! they are trying to keep me fat haha
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    55, well, even if you start by cutting back to 1 can a day vs 1 liter or more a day, then you're making major progress! Great idea keeping them warm to avoid temptation. So that 24 pack should last for close to a month, right?! :wink:

I was doing a few last errands today, and it was getting late, and I ended up going through the drive thru at McD's, of all places. Ugh. Must improve my attitude!

For those of you who have made huge progress in your weight loss, can you try to explain what is it that helped you stick with your new healthier lifestyle? I always have good intentions, but then am wooed away to the dark side, and end up yo-yo'ing the same 5 pounds off and on, but never get to the other 20+ pounds! I can't seem to stick with it longer than a month or two. :embarassed:
  • 55tolose
    Options
    dm Lol Um Yes, Yes it should :glasses: :bigsmile: haha had 2 today:blushing:

so about your question on a healthier lifestyle. Well I always have found mcdonalds, wendys, and the like greasy and unappealing except for certain items... A jrbacon cheeseburger was my go-to at wendys and a jr cheeseburger at mcdonalds but one summer (07) I was pregnant and found out in may and went on a trip from utah to california in june and was already struggling with my weight 152 at the time so I was Horrified about having to eat out so much so i chose not to eat or if possible to get grilled chicken at whatever place we stopped at on the way there and back and during the trip we stopped at a farmers market type thing and I snacked on strawberries and that. Pregnancy made me crazy and I am proud to say I have not had a fast food burger of any type since that trip a little over 3 years ago.and also 2 years before that I gave up a local pizza place because after I ate it i got really sick all night long the pain in my stomach could be compared to labor (when i had a baby i was like i remember this pain only constant and not in waves) soo I figured it had to be how greasy the pizza was turns out it was a ruptured ovarian cyst (And so began my weight gain) so i had to take birth control to get rid or make the cysts smaller or something well it didn't work one year later i had gained 30 pounds to 152 and then had my baby. I lost that weight and my then with my second baby i have so far lost 30 of the 40 pounds to get back to that place that i haven't been able to get under in 5 years!

so fast food isn't a factor for me nor stress eating... Its the soda and not exercising that is holding me back. also i really don't eat propperly. Such as today I have not had one thing to eat except 2 cans of pepsi and half a reses fast break king size bar. and 32 oz of water. and not because i didn't want to but because I don't always eat breakfast well actually I never eat breakfast unless i get a fire up my butt and decide to cook something about once every couple of weeks. and then i work at a truck stop so as per my healthyer lifestyle and the disgusting fried food and previously frozen sandwitches and doughnuts and pizza and well everything is bad for you to eat and it sucks. besides 3 years of looking at the stuff just tends to make you not want to eat it. so i worked from 11 to 7 today and when i got home I went and delivered chrismas cookies to my two neighbors and by the time i got back it was 8:30 almost 9 and then hubby and i spent time together setting up the wii since we haven't yet and so i just have not found the time. I know I need to make time to eat but cooking for one sucks.

WOW My reason for my lifestyle change is a long one.
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Today's been great..I've had fun without stuffing myself with chocolate etc. so I'm really proud of myself :smile: Been slacking on the exercise this week..but can you blame me? :wink: I'm back on track tomorrow though!