Lose 5 pounds a month December 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hope everybody had a great Christmas! I didn't log at all (I hadn't intended to) but now I wish I had. I'm not sure if I ate too much or if it's beccause I was eating junk but I felt AWFUL driving home from my parents last night! I'm guessing it was a combination of both. We did go ice skating for a few hours yesterday but most of that was spent laughing at my stepdad & my youngest sisters boyfriend. They spent more time trying to tackle the ice than gliding on it.
    I'm planning to drink my current weight (164) in ounces of water today to try to combat some of the awfulness of the last few days.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Late Merry Christmas everyone!

Dec 1: 142
    Dec 7: 142.25
    Dec 13: 138.6
    Dec 19: 141.75
    Dec 24: 142

I'm back to where I started at the beginning of the month. I'm on vacay living it up. But today I got back on the treadmill, yay!

This year I did not stuff myself silly with cookies and chocolate. We skipped Christmas dinner altogether since we were on the road running before the snowstorm. I hope it pays off in the long run. It kills me to watch everyone else eat the cookies I made.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Managed to get on the treadmill today for 30 minutes. I decided to start the Couch to 5k program over again, and did Week 1, Day 1. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time?

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    becky > woohoo great job

alioth > congrats on maintaining so far especially on vacation : )

dm > thats awesome good luck : )

got the wii fitness plus today and ea sports active 2 Yay I burned 188 calories with it. I can really feel it in my legs
    I woke up thismorning at 160.0 again lets hope its under that in the morning
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Just catching up on all the posts after the holidays. My computer died last week and I have not really had much chance to get to another computer but we did go out and buy one right away. I use this a lot for keeping my business records and with tax time coming up I needed to get all my information back or I would have been very lost.

Still not feeling great. Went to doctor last week and my potassium levels are low so I am eating high potassium foods as much as possible (who knew potato chips were high in potassium:laugh: ) Hopefully the levels are going up but I still don't feel right. I have not felt well enough to exercise for a few weeks now good thing is I don't really feel like eating much either. This can be a bad loop to get into. I don't feel well so I don't exercise and I feel bad because I don't exercise. Hopefully we get this figured out so I can start the new year running!

Have a great day!

Terri
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    12/01- 168.2
    12/06- 168.0
    12/13- 165.2
    12/20- 164.4
    12/27- 164.4

I'll take it!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I got a scale for Christmas, and I keep meaning to weigh myself first thing in the morning, but keep forgetting to do so! Since this is a new scale, it won't necessarily match up with my previous numbers, but at least I can start using it for tracking next month's challenge in January!

Well, bathtime for my girls, and shower-time for me... Talk to you all again later. I can't believe I have this whole week off work! Yay!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I hope everyone survived the Christmas weekend. I was out of control with my eating. Country ham, blueberry sugar cookies, lasagne, cake pops, chips & dip, baklava....it was madness. :sad: The only good thing I did was hiking through the woods in the snow for about an hour yesterday.

I really enjoyed my sister staying with me and family coming over everyday but I am so glad to get back on track. As of Christmas Eve morning, I had lost 8 lbs for this month but after my crazy weekend of eating, I'm just praying I can make it 5 lbs come Friday.

Hope everyone else did better than I did. :flowerforyou:
  • Alioth
    Options
    You guys are my inspiration whether it's walking in the snow or working on the Wii or just continuing on. Let's start 2011 right!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    AAAhh four days left in the month and I am STILL at 160.0 for the 3rd day in a row! Lol I really want to hit that 159 mark this month and be rid of the 160's forever since i have been stuck at them for the past four or five months!

so weight on the first 164.4
    and weight today 160.0 YAY! : )

so far 4 pounds lost for the month

congratulations everyone for your losses this year and good luck for the new year : ) hope to see you again next month! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Alioth
    Options
    You can doooo it!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi all - hoping you all had a wonderful holiday. I will weigh in tomorrow - didn't want to see the damage yet! :laugh:

Congrats to those of you with losses over the holiday! That is wonderful! I didn't get much exercise in at all - ran down the block on Christmas day in heels just to get to my friends house faster! Walked in the snow around the neighborhood one day because it was a beautiful winter wonderland out! Oh and lots of snow shoveling! :laugh: However - I ate lots of yummy goodness & then I ate out a lot as well! Lots of sodium I'm sure! :ohwell: Back at it today! :drinker:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I know I have been eating more lately and not exercising per say....but I must have not been eating a lot of sodium BECAUSE>>>>>>>I am DOWN another 2lbs.....unbelieveable!! can I get a WHOT!! WHOT!!!:bigsmile: ....I will not let that become a habit however.....Really craving some good exercise.....just one more get together tomorrow then I am back in the game....hope you all enjoyed your holidays.....hope santa was good to everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    Options
    I know I have been eating more lately and not exercising per say....but I must have not been eating a lot of sodium BECAUSE>>>>>>>I am DOWN another 2lbs.....unbelieveable!! can I get a WHOT!! WHOT!!!:bigsmile: ....I will not let that become a habit however.....Really craving some good exercise.....just one more get together tomorrow then I am back in the game....hope you all enjoyed your holidays.....hope santa was good to everyone!!:flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:WOOT WOOT :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kintegra
    Options
    Dec 1st: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 6th: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 15th: 203.4 lbs
    Dec 20th: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 27th: 202.3 lbs
    Dec 31st:

Wow - could it be I may finally hit the 5 lbs this month? Haven't done that in a LONG while! Getting closer!!!! :bigsmile:

Went to the gym last night with my workout buddy, Heather! Then when I got home CJ called as I was walking in the door....he was in town and I had forgot that it was his day off....so he came over & we just hung out & had a great night together. Normally he is working on building something, running errands, or fixing a car or boat if he is not at work. So it was a nice unplanned surprise!

Today is my daddy's 71st birthday. My parents are of course on their way to their winter home in south Texas...I haven't seen my daddy for his birthday in at least 12 years or so since they always leave on Christmas. I called to sing to him first thing this morning!

This afternoon I'm driving up to Galena, IL to visit with my college roommate and her family. She lives in Chicago, but they are staying at her inlaws condo for a few days. I haven't seen her in almost 6 years since her wedding! So no workout for me today at all. I'll make it all up tomorrow and will try to do healthy good choices all day today!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    159.8 Yesterday morning Wahooo : )

Only thing i am worried about is my best friend came to visit with me from arizona and we drank together and between me and her boyfriend we drank 10 cans of soda as chasers for our shots. WOW Thats a lot. I did not weigh thismorning so im going to work tomorrow and use my wii on my days off so I really hope i didn't do too much damage.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Good morning everyone. How is the end of the month treating you? I am starting to slowly feel a bit better. Not back to normal but better. Time to get on track for the new year. Here is the link for January's challenge. Hope to see you all there and be better next month about posting and exercising.

Thanks everyone for a great December. I will post final weight for the month tomorrow.

Here is the link for January 2011

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144077-i-challenge-you-to-lose-5-pounds-this-month-january-2011
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Good morning everyone. How is the end of the month treating you? I am starting to slowly feel a bit better. Not back to normal but better. Time to get on track for the new year. Here is the link for January's challenge. Hope to see you all there and be better next month about posting and exercising.

Thanks everyone for a great December. I will post final weight for the month tomorrow.

Here is the link for January 2011

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144077-i-challenge-you-to-lose-5-pounds-this-month-january-2011
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Dec 6th: 165.5
    Dec 13th: 164.6
    Dec 20th: ?
    Dec 27th: 159.8
    Dec 31st:

Woo Hoo! I am under 160 for the first time in over 3 years. Plus, I am over my 5 pound goal for December with a few days to spare! I am also 0.8 lbs from having lost 50 lbs since I started this journey last January. I still feel pretty big so that makes me wonder how big I really was...Anyway, I am so excited and so totally motivated. I got up and did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred this morning and I am feeling GREAT. I think I am going to join a new year weight loss challenge at the local gym with a friend. That should keep me motivated a lot better. LOL

My son's 12th birthday is on Jan. 1st and he is having a cookie cake (my favorite) so I need to be really motivated to not eat half the cake by myself.

Congratulations to all of you who have/are meeting your goals this month. Happy New Year!
  • Alioth
    Options
    Congrats sharmonesq, 55tolose, kintegra and everyone else losing! Glad you're starting to feel better too, Terri!

I'm waiting until I get home on Friday to weigh because the scale in this fitness center is broken. I'm over my calories every day this week so far just about, but I'm also getting in decent workouts. I expect a gain or the same weight when I get back. *sigh* I'm less sore today than I was yesterday, which means I'm adjusting to the workouts again. I think I'd like to measure on Friday as well as weigh.