Still feel and look ugly, eve EFTER loosing weight.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    You are very articulate and you seem both responsible and kind. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your looks either!

As for therapy, well, I think that people, who know they need it yet don't go there because of fear or whatever, are kind of sad, whereas those, who grab the bull by the horns, take their health seriously, and face their troubles are super awesome. There is still stigma around mental health (kept alive by small-minded people), but from personal experience I can say it is great to discuss with someone who is there only for you, acting with your best interest in mind. If they don't do that, change therapists. Opening up about personal stuff is very hard and you want to do that only to someone you trust and respect.

Would I not be deemed stupid for consulting a therapist for my own lack of self confidence? I mean it's hardly an illness, more so a self perspective thing.

Not at all! That's what they are there for.

Not everyone who goes to see a counselor has an illness, sometimes they just need someone that can help them work through some life issues. It can be better than talking to a friend or family member because they may give more honest advice and they will help give you solutions to work on building up your self esteem. There is nothing embarrassing or shameful about going either.

I guess this is something I should consider then. I have just done a cover if y'all want to see it. I did it purposely to request feedback to excuse to horrid flaws, horrid hair and overall horrid face.

youtube.com/dign4m
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think you look great and quite handsome from your pictures. You are being very hard on yourself, and I agree with others that maybe talking things over with a counselor may be a good idea. And fyi when I looked at your picture you reminded me of an actor whose name I can't think of!!
  • jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    I think you look great and quite handsome from your pictures. You are being very hard on yourself, and I agree with others that maybe talking things over with a counselor may be a good idea. And fyi when I looked at your picture you reminded me of an actor whose name I can't think of!!

Thank you! Oh really? I hope the name comes to you soon, I am intrigued! :bigsmile:
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Counseling should be considered when a major life area is being impeded. So if you are not accomplishing things you want to because of your low self esteem, or if you are spending too much time thinking about it instead of living your life, then YES you should seek help.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You don't do my style of music. But mate your voice is pretty .. damn .. good. You could really benefit from some professional singing training though. They will teach you how to breath better and modulate your tone to perfection. As far as looks go. Like I said before you just need a bit of muscle. Which means lots of protein a calorie SURPLUS of about 2 - 300 and a solid lifting regimen focused on hypertrophy. Honestly I would like to say that looks won't matter for breaking into the music bizz. But to be perfectly honest. For your style of music ... they kinda do. They shouldn't ... But they do.

You did surprise me though. I half expected to hear you screech through some terribad cover. There are so many "aspiring" musicians who have zero talent. I would like to tell you that you have the ingredients of genuine success. It will be up to you to make that work or not.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Please seek therapy !

Is that really necessary?

Yes, because you come off as having a very low self-esteem, body dysmorphia, and display symptoms of depression.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    ...Well, at least your head is not too small for your body (like mine)

Feel better yet?
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I see a handsome young man!!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of great advice from some MFP folks. I'm just gonna add my 0.02.

My son is 19 and had some self image/esteem issues a few years ago. He didn't go to therapy, buuut we did talk about negative self talk. After several months of staying on him about being positive it REALLY made a world a difference.

I also agree with the other poster who said to change outta your pj's. LOL Seriously though, when I was unemployed, I got up every day, showered and dressed like it was a work day. It really does help with the way you feel about yourself overall.

And when you hear those negative thoughts in your head tell them to STFU. One of my MFP friends used a rubberband on her wrist to stop herself from talking negatively to herself.

We can ALL benefit from therapy though. If you feel it would be beneficial DO IT! Sometimes we just need someone to point us in the right direction. :)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Hey again, OP! I saw your Success Stories post and wanted to stop back by to say congrats!:flowerforyou:

Do you feel any better now? I'd like you to know that I've been praying for you about that, that your mind and heart would be renewed to see the benefit of your changes.