Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ December '10

Options
123457»

Replies

• babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tatiana you have come to the right place for support!!
    Barbie I sent you a friend request. My food diary is open check it out and see what you think.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I completed some type of exercise EVERYDAY in 2010 except January 3. So, if I complete a workout from now until January 4, 2011 I will have done some type of exercise everyday for an entire year. This was a goal I wanted to attain and I'm proud of myself for doing it but I can't lie I'm looking forward to having a day that does not involve 2 mile walks, yoga, stretching, jogging, ellipticals, spinning bikes or workout dvds.

Today I completed the Recharge dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and walked 30 minutes in my neighborhood while running some errands. I had to get my emission certificate for my car so I can get my 2011 registration/tags and decided to use this time to get some walking in. I walked to the post office to mail letters, then to the grocery store to pick up a few items, then to a local pharmacy and finally back to the shop to pick up my car. Everything was spread out enough that I totalled over 2 miles.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Babygurl, I looked at your food diary and it looks like you don't always eat breakfast and overall your protein is low for someone who exercises a lot and you seem to eat a lot of fast food or restaurant food.........the whole thing about net calories probably isn't as important as making sure that you consume at least 1200 calories a day of nutrient dense food and stay away from empty calories.......with a family and a busy life it's probably hard to make healthy clean eating meals but in the long run that will be the best for your body......read about "clean eating" (google it to find the websites with information) and you'll get good ideas about nourishing your body and feeding healthy food to your family........another good source of nutrition is adding protein powder to smoothies for a quick and easy and healthy breakfast.,...the more you learn about nutrition the healthier you will be.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Choco, congratulations on attaining that amazing goal of exercising every day......I knew you were inspiring one day at a time, but the accumulated success is really amazing.

07j8Ai99P.gif
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Barbie we do eat out alot but I pick the healthiest thing on the menu and only drink water. We live a very busy life and cooking doesn't always fit in. I am trying to get better at that. MFP always says I'm over on my protein so I was stressing about trying to keep it under my daily allowance. Can I change the parameters myself? Thanks for checking it out :flowerforyou:
  • blondie1238
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm just under 5'1... how do you join a group??
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Apparently it looks like you just follow the thread... I'm in, if you girls don't mind :)
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread :) yay for shorties! I'm 5'3", on the upper end of the petite spectrum, but on top of that I have this miniscule bone structure so when I gain 5lbs it might as well be 50. The plus side is I lost about 5-7lbs and people ask if I've been dieting.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! Today I started the year off right by attending boot camp at Fit Neighborhood. Today we played baseball. Each exercise represented a base and a "man in between bases". Round 1: 5 inchworms, 10 jumping jacks, 5 push ups, 10 jump squats, 10 seated dips, 10 jumping jacks and 10 oblique crunches. One you completed all these exercises your team scored a point and then you begin the circuit again. Round 2: 10 sit ups w/lbs, 3 sumo burpees, 10 plank rows w/lbs, 3 sumo burpees, 10 pulsing lunges, 3 sumo burpees and 10 bicycle crunches.......Great fun!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to Dancer and Blondie!

Here is the link to the new thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145067-fit-fun-sized-group-january-11

May we all make our wellness goals for 2011! I look forward to getting to know everyone new and continuing the friendships this group has brought me for 2010.

JAM

PS: We are all down with the flu and being the primary caretaker for both parents and children has been tiring. Sorry for the short post. I hope everyone is safe and warm today.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    I wan't to be a part of this group! I'm 4'11!!