Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options
MrTolerable
MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
Oi!

Sooo - I will start with a confession! - I have been working on my biography for about a year now, and I have been testing breaking in entertaining dialogue while driving conversations towards philosophy and higher level thinking. Respectfully, left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity, and it is only through having an identity that the creation of new thoughts can begin.
***So my play at the devils advocate is largely play. But, IMHO it was a necessary evil to bring along thinking, and insight-for you and also for me.***

My book though will deal largely with finding meaning through worldviews centered in Christianity & nihilism. Which, IMHO is only possible through existentialism - philosophy of course, but in the practical nature I must delve into psychology.

I will be focusing a great deal of Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration and my journey to finding a 'self', crafting my unique identity, personality development & finding meaning.

I would love to get thoughts on Positive Disintegration - particularly from any psychologist out there that can poke holes in it, because I will need to reinforce my positions in the book, so even if you agree feel free to disagree to enable my structuring of better arguments.

If you have an IQ lower than 110 - there is nothing wrong with that, but your participation would be a hindrance, and the constructs will simply be far above your capacity of understanding -rather then thinking linear I need fellow reasoners. If your IQ is above 130 your participation is more than welcomed - I would be honored and grateful. And if there is genius out there - PLEASE participate - my ideas of creation of the self is the only way I believe morality, virtue, ethics, and personality development can find any meaning in this void of self-awareness those with the capacity to reason are suffering from.

If you display overexcitabilities as well - then you are my future audience and we are fellow disciples with our future identity guiding us at the helm. -if you are gifted you must display at least three of these IMHO.

http://www.sengifted.org/archives/articles/overexcitability-and-the-gifted

Also, if you are a bit of a philosopher yourself, I'd love to get your thoughts on if existentialism is a dead and gone ideology - and I'd love to hear points made from you postmodernist out there along with the Christian apologetics, along with the nihilist of course.

If you are a psychologist that have never heard of the Polish master of psychology Kazimierz Dąbrowski then here is the most basic link available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_Disintegration

Also, would a book rooted in 'applied existential philosophy/psychology' be of interest in this day and age?

edit: spelling typo

Replies

• MrTolerable
    Options
    Solipsist need not apply :wink:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    vELP6.gif
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    ^k thanks for sharing that.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Do you already have a publishing company willing to pay you for this? Getting anything that falls into the realm of non-fiction (does this, really?) is close to impossible without already having a good editor and a publishing house looking for a specific NF topic.

This is the kind of topic that isn't likely to lead to a profitable reader base, so publishing houses tend to shy away unless the person writing is a media sensation (either positive or negative), a college professor with a captive audience required to pay the requisite $250 for a course textbook (and in most cases, these are generally self-published unless the professor is recognized as an expert and likely to garner additional profits from other institutions utilizing the text), a renowned historian writing on a topic that has garnered substantial interest based on the Nielsen performance of an on-point documentary, or a renowned scientist discussing a controversial topic.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is without pre-funding, any book you would write on the subject would be purely for self-edification. As such, what any of us think is entirely inconsequential.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Can I comment if my body fat is higher than 14%?
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    LOL

oh you!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    vELP6.gif

KGKSGei.gif
  • sixout
    Options

how can you type while you're that morbidly obese?
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    vELP6.gif

Now this thread has value. MMmmmm Chicken.
  • sixout
    Options
    vELP6.gif

KGKSGei.gif

gc3xH.gif
  • Mikkimeow
    Options

Barely. Just barely.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    hA283B31F
  • sixout
    Options

Barely. Just barely.

I've learned to take breaks between letters.
  • Mikkimeow
    Options

Barely. Just barely.

Yeah, don't want to burn out too fast.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Did not read, no pictures.

Quess me no smart?
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Do you already have a publishing company willing to pay you for this? Getting anything that falls into the realm of non-fiction (does this, really?) is close to impossible without already having a good editor and a publishing house looking for a specific NF topic.

This is the kind of topic that isn't likely to lead to a profitable reader base, so publishing houses tend to shy away unless the person writing is a media sensation (either positive or negative), a college professor with a captive audience required to pay the requisite $250 for a course textbook (and in most cases, these are generally self-published unless the professor is recognized as an expert and likely to garner additional profits from other institutions utilizing the text), a renowned historian writing on a topic that has garnered substantial interest based on the Nielsen performance of an on-point documentary, or a renowned scientist discussing a controversial topic.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is without pre-funding, any book you would write on the subject would be purely for self-edification. As such, what any of us think is entirely inconsequential.

:flowerforyou:

^I appreciate your input! :flowerforyou:

And no publishing companies will pick it up - and this would indeed be non-fiction, however I will be self-publishing this through Amazon charging prob $1-4 just to get the message of 'existence preceding essence - so find liberation through creating meaning through forming your unique essence.' out there. I can't imagine I'm the only person that has felt an existential crisis or battled existential depression and had to form an identity all alone - I was hoping my book would provide a sense of guidance for people particularly in stage 1 or stage 2 of positive disintegration .

I agree this will not end profitably, however the book has been on my head and page screaming to be wrote for years, so I have been plowing through it, and am finding it is a process of sublimation for me - it is sorta self-psyche work.

^as a child I thought I was mad for years in forming my ideology rooted in a hybrid sense of postmodernism/existentialism, till I realized I was not mad - overexcitabilities were inborn traits, so I wasn't bi-polar either and now I'm developing this hybrid of existentialism/nihilism - however I will make the case for existentialist that are Christians/believers as well.

-doesn't seem like I will have a base at all though.

appreciate your input!! :drinker:
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    must be great being a genius. Good luck with that - im away to dribble in a corner
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options

Barely. Just barely.

i took 4 hrs to respond as my BF is 39%
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I heard there were free noodz here?
  • Vortex_ConQueso
    Options
    30987402.jpg