Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

I agree this will not end profitably, however the book has been on my head and page screaming to be wrote for years, so I have been plowing through it, and am finding it is a process of sublimation for me - it is sorta self-psyche work.

"screaming to be 'wrote'..."

What's your IQ again?
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Kierkegaard is for chumps.

:angry:

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.

than even*

*Than even.

So make your point boss - how is he for chumps?

Subjectivity as truth is the biggest load of horse **** ever devised by man. It is the exact opposite of what science reveals. At least science doesn't have the pretension to think it can possess truth... science gives the best explanation for the here and now. If there is anything I don't have patience for, it is debating pop philosophy on the internet.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.

than even*

*Than even.

Actually, no, because your error was in the middle of a sentence, they were correct, because they were correcting that segment of your sentence. The correct way to word it was:

He provided more insight for the individual than even Nietzsche.*

I suggest you put your pseudo-intellectual, condescending attitude down now.

ETA: Respectfully. :flowerforyou:

:noway:

I corrected myself and 'then' :wink: opened up the floor to hear out his point?

I sincerely do not mean to be coming across as condescending. Once again my discussion has to do largely with the gifted- it was what my initial post stated on this thread - which is why I asked for their participation in particular.

I have bad news for you... you do come across as condescending. Very much so.

Also, you should consider the way you word things a bit better. I particularly enjoyed how you tried to imply that I'm not "gifted," by your standards. That's really cute. Good luck with whatever you're hoping to get out of this thread. I'll stick to discussing philosophy and nihilism with those who actually know a thing or three about them.

You know... intelligent discussion.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Is it unbridled arrogance day in the forums?

Sorry, but I have $50mm in derivatives to deal with, and I stopped thinking of existentialism in undergrad.

How am I doing?

I have $2.0B in real estate assets to deal with but apparently I would rather be here reading these stupid threads on MFP. Shoot, I think my IQ just dropped by reading this thread.

ETA: Impulse & 'herd' mentality at its finest

There is certainly plenty of herd mentality in real estate. Anyone else need a beer?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

I agree this will not end profitably, however the book has been on my head and page screaming to be wrote for years, so I have been plowing through it, and am finding it is a process of sublimation for me - it is sorta self-psyche work.

What's your IQ again?

I think he meant rote.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

Subjectivity as truth is the biggest load of horse **** ever devised by man. It is the exact opposite of what science reveals. At least science doesn't have the pretension to think it can possess truth... science gives the best explanation for the here and now. If there is anything I don't have patience for, it is debating pop philosophy on the internet.

This conversation has me in fear, and trembling. Of course, I prefer fear and loathing
  • Side note: How did this excuse for public *kitten* make it to so many pages?
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

What's your IQ again?

OP mentioned visiting the Saraha one time and he still won't tell me where it is. :cry:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

This conversation has me in fear, and trembling. Of course, I prefer fear and loathing

chkn.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    tumblr_miu13ejYM71s50zm7o1_250.gif
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I'll check it out - I'm fairly certain I don't display narcissist character traits.

I take criticism rather well - I constantly learn from doing so.
    I show empathy to those I feel pity for, and never behave cruel towards them.
    I do have a strong will to power, but I don't feel the need to behave cruel as I gain stature - even to those I may not be fond of.
    I am an extreme optimist - hence me fighting for existentialism in this moral vacuum.
    I don't sleep with strangers.
    You used the word "I" 10 times in your example of how you don't display narcissistic traits.

tumblr_ljr5hkLi2J1qzhvg4o1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Side note: How did this excuse for public *kitten* make it to so many pages?

Because...Moon Moon?

1c1.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity
    Alpacas_zpsda58cf40.gif

I think I have a new ambition...to be part of an alpaca herd.
    I would if it meant Mike Rowe would come and shave me.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

ahh a Hunter fan. +1
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity
    Alpacas_zpsda58cf40.gif

I think I have a new ambition...to be part of an alpaca herd.
    I would if it meant Mike Rowe would come and shave me.

Where can I sign up for this?
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

Actually, no, because your error was in the middle of a sentence, they were correct, because they were correcting that segment of your sentence. The correct way to word it was:

He provided more insight for the individual than even Nietzsche.*

I suggest you put your pseudo-intellectual, condescending attitude down now.

ETA: Respectfully. :flowerforyou:

:noway:

I corrected myself and 'then' :wink: opened up the floor to hear out his point?

I sincerely do not mean to be coming across as condescending. Once again my discussion has to do largely with the gifted- it was what my initial post stated on this thread - which is why I asked for their participation in particular.

I have bad news for you... you do come across as condescending. Very much so.

Also, you should consider the way you word things a bit better. I particularly enjoyed how you tried to imply that I'm not "gifted," by your standards. That's really cute. Good luck with whatever you're hoping to get out of this thread. I'll stick to discussing philosophy and nihilism with those who actually know a thing or three about them.

You know... intelligent discussion.

Wait, I didn't mean to imply that you are not 'gifted' - unless you are referring towards having less then three overexcitabilities?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I...

combo-gifs-loki-army.gif
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    lol thanks for proving what everyone says behind your back is dead accurate
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Side note: How did this excuse for public *kitten* make it to so many pages?
    gifs