Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    7f5.jpg
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Kierkegaard is for chumps.

:angry:

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.

than even*

*Than even.

So make your point boss - how is he for chumps?

Subjectivity as truth is the biggest load of horse **** ever devised by man. It is the exact opposite of what science reveals. At least science doesn't have the pretension to think it can possess truth... science gives the best explanation for the here and now. If there is anything I don't have patience for, it is debating pop philosophy on the internet.

cutting edge physics suggests that the reality we precieve doesn't really match the physical world, matter is mostly empty space and its really the contructs of your own perception that prevents your had from passing though a solid counter top...

Is my had the noumenal representation of my metaphysical head?

e426542514f4fdb072de4e4f2bdad52fa115e51f6523b877601c3a052e79750a.jpg
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    we should stop feeding him

But he's so cute!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    We all know that the ladies love complex sentence structure and an overuse of the thesaurus.

Dawkins said in our sexual selection the brain is our peacocks tail! :wink:

panda-peacock_1885864i.jpg
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    s9dqb.gif
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.

than even*

*Than even.

Subjectivity as truth is the biggest load of horse **** ever devised by man. It is the exact opposite of what science reveals. At least science doesn't have the pretension to think it can possess truth... science gives the best explanation for the here and now. If there is anything I don't have patience for, it is debating pop philosophy on the internet.

cutting edge physics suggests that the reality we precieve doesn't really match the physical world, matter is mostly empty space and its really the contructs of your own perception that prevents your had from passing though a solid counter top...

sheesh..wishing I didn't entertain your point to begin with. - seriously made your point about Kierkegaard knowing absolutely nothing about Kierkegaard.

Ok - keep PMing me if any of you want to discuss further. Not angry, but certainly can't waste time on this further.

Later MFP :flowerforyou: Many of you I love to death! And many... - well, you have my sincere pity in the plight of your willful in-aptitude! :drinker:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    hmmm... actually seeing some interesting things when i looked up what IQ score actually constitutes genius.

In college i took a class called test and measurements. They said that 100 is average, a standard deviation is 15, and two standard deviations is statistically significant.

So if you ask me, technically 130 is genuis, and i think that you can get into Mensa with that score. This would represent less then %5 of the population. but a lot of what i'm reading suggest 140 IQ is genuis, which would actually be less then 1% of the population according to the sites i've been looking at.

I love it when people say 'i got X on the IQ test, but I'd have done even better if it was not for the math'.

There is no math on an IQ test. Certainly not an computational math. If it does, whatever you took was not a real IQ test. if i remember correctly, an actual IQ test, such as the WISC, has very few words on it period. Your just supposed to recognize the question based on whats there... like you see a series of pictures, and then your supposed to pic the next logical picture in the sequence from the multiple choice answers... or patern recognition, etc.

IDK, its been awhile, but from what i remember it was quite a bit different then any traditional test, which is not typically the feed back i get from people claiming to have aced whatever 'IQ' test
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    We all know that the ladies love complex sentence structure and an overuse of the thesaurus.

Dawkins said in our sexual selection the brain is our peacocks tail! :wink:

Ironic, since peacocks are dumb as rocks.

lol that is a bit ironic.

tweet 'em about it.
  • Coltsforlife
    Options
    I thought this was my fitness pal?
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Can I comment if my body fat is higher than 14%?

Just want to say that I love your profile picture, it reminds me of Orange is the new Black.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    hmmm... actually seeing some interesting things when i looked up what IQ score actually constitutes genius.

In college i took a class called test and measurements. They said that 100 is average, a standard deviation is 15, and two standard deviations is statistically significant.

So if you ask me, technically 130 is genuis, and i think that you can get into Mensa with that score. This would represent less then %5 of the population. but a lot of what i'm reading suggest 140 IQ is genuis, which would actually be less then 1% of the population according to the sites i've been looking at.

I love it when people say 'i got X on the IQ test, but I'd have done even better if it was not for the math'.

There is no math on an IQ test. Certainly not an computational math. If it does, whatever you took was not a real IQ test. if i remember correctly, an actual IQ test, such as the WISC, has very few words on it period. Your just supposed to recognize the question based on whats there... like you see a series of pictures, and then your supposed to pic the next logical picture in the sequence from the multiple choice answers... or patern recognition, etc.

IDK, its been awhile, but from what i remember it was quite a bit different then any traditional test, which is not typically the feed back i get from people claiming to have aced whatever 'IQ' test

I was lead to believe that 140 was genius, 130 is significantly gifted, 120+ is highly gifted.

And yeah, there wasn't any math on any of the IQ test I've done - but there were numbers in many of the pattern recognition questions.

I think they also gauge your age and gender in it as well - women tend to score higher from what I've read - kid you not.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

sheesh..wishing I didn't entertain your point to begin with. - seriously made your point about Kierkegaard knowing absolutely nothing about Kierkegaard.

Ok - keep PMing me if any of you want to discuss further. Not angry, but certainly can't waste time on this further.

Later MFP :flowerforyou: Many of you I love to death! And many... - well, you have my sincere pity in the plight of your willful in-aptitude! :drinker:

I like how it pretends it has things to do ..
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Don't know how beneficial it is once you break out terms like simpleton, accusations like "left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity".

The current manner of enforcement of the community guidelines is entirely perplexing to me.

Yah. That's why it's such a low score. The OP should not have been overtly insulting, It is antithetical to his original premise. I guess there's always next time. :tongue:
  • MrTolerable
    Options

It is - I thought this would be a good place to find a great deal of diversity.

There won't be any more post from me moving forward regarding any of this^
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

use your imagination and theres an 'n' in there
    [/quote]
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

OIXrp.gif
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Don't know how beneficial it is once you break out terms like simpleton, accusations like "left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity".

The current manner of enforcement of the community guidelines is entirely perplexing to me.

Yah. That's why it's such a low score. The OP should not have been overtly insulting, It is antithetical to his original premise. I guess there's always next time. :tongue:

I referenced Nietzsche's point of the difference between the gifted individual being as different from primitive man as an ape is to the primitive man.

When I mention the above, sure it sounds condescending - then again I feel like I was just being direct - if you look into positive disintegration almost every average person is only at stage 1- aka moving off of impulse, and herd mentality - and yes I believe you all lack free will and take a very deterministic outlook when considering the odds of you having any free will.

Condescending? - You condescend your inner self by not crafting your own identity. - that is the true fault.

:shrugs:
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Today Apparently it's Mental Fitness Pal :huh:
  • Not enough GIFs.

Seriously, OP... I'd stop wasting your time with writing. You already know that no one is smart enough to "get" you.