Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Kierkegaard is for chumps.

:angry:

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.

than even*

*Than even.

So make your point boss - how is he for chumps?

Subjectivity as truth is the biggest load of horse **** ever devised by man. It is the exact opposite of what science reveals. At least science doesn't have the pretension to think it can possess truth... science gives the best explanation for the here and now. If there is anything I don't have patience for, it is debating pop philosophy on the internet.

There is not a great deal to debate - we are not capable of even knowing 'truth'. I'm making the case that existentialism is great for battling existential depression/crisis that occur when someone posses a nihilistic ideology - it provides an outlet. I'm a bit of a determinist myself, the randomness of electrons in quantum mechanics is what keeps me from saying there is ZERO free will - however it is certainly not in the makeup of those having their virtue and self made through collective reasoning.

And sure science gives the best explanation for here and now, but I don't know how that could aid someone experiencing an existential crisis. - Sure, entanglement theory leading me to believe that despite the 'importance' I'm saying of personality development their could maybe(?) be a collective conscious due to everything being entangled pre-bang? And Nassim Haramein taking the universe to the subatomic level expounded on Einsteins space-time curve saying it was a double torus shape making an 'infinite feedback loop' with infinite energy - sorta sounds like.. you know! consciousness? - could give meaning that there is something beyond us.

I however personally experience a subjective consciousness - so the idea that there is nothing worthwhile in exploring existentialism because there is no truth seems silly - basically all is relative.

:shrug: I want to write though on applied psychology/philosophy for those that find the void and angst a great burden to shoulder.

I respect and see your point. I am personally experiencing a subjective consciousness so I see value in existentialism.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    4/10

Good initial trolling concept (troll as beneficial force) but lacks subtlety in execution.

Don't know how beneficial it is once you break out terms like simpleton, accusations like "left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity".

The current manner of enforcement of the community guidelines is entirely perplexing to me.
  • Kierkegaard is for chumps.

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.

than even*

*Than even.

Subjectivity as truth is the biggest load of horse **** ever devised by man. It is the exact opposite of what science reveals. At least science doesn't have the pretension to think it can possess truth... science gives the best explanation for the here and now. If there is anything I don't have patience for, it is debating pop philosophy on the internet.

There is not a great deal to debate - we are not capable of even knowing 'truth'. I'm making the case that existentialism is great for battling existential depression/crisis that occur when someone posses a nihilistic ideology - it provides an outlet. I'm a bit of a determinist myself, the randomness of electrons in quantum mechanics is what keeps me from saying there is ZERO free will - however it is certainly not in the makeup of those having their virtue and self made through collective reasoning.

And sure science gives the best explanation for here and now, but I don't know how that could aid someone experiencing an existential crisis. - Sure, entanglement theory leading me to believe that despite the 'importance' I'm saying of personality development their could maybe(?) be a collective conscious due to everything being entangled pre-bang? And Nassim Haramein taking the universe to the subatomic level expounded on Einsteins space-time curve saying it was a double torus shape making an 'infinite feedback loop' with infinite energy - sorta sounds like.. you know! consciousness? - could give meaning that there is something beyond us.

I however personally experience a subjective consciousness - so the idea that there is nothing worthwhile in exploring existentialism because there is no truth seems silly - basically all is relative.

:shrug: I want to write though on applied psychology/philosophy for those that find the void and angst a great burden to shoulder.

I respect and see your point. I am personally experiencing a subjective consciousness so I see value in existentialism.

get a room, you two
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

Your reference to quantum mechanics in that pop-culture, hand-waving, spiritual sense proves you the embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Perhaps that is why you raise your idea here at a fitness forum rather than at a high-IQ or philosophy forum? Because quantum mechanics?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

cutting edge physics suggests that the reality we precieve doesn't really match the physical world, matter is mostly empty space and its really the contructs of your own perception that prevents your had from passing though a solid counter top...
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    4/10

Good initial trolling concept (troll as beneficial force) but lacks subtlety in execution.

Don't know how beneficial it is once you break out terms like simpleton, accusations like "left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity".

The current manner of enforcement of the community guidelines is entirely perplexing to me.

then hit the report button babe.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    4/10

then hit the report button babe.

I would, but quantum mechanics.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    779c9c7eb2b6d017118531c60cf3b04f.jpg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one with a genius level IQ wondering why someone would be foolish enough to believe people on the internet when they say they have a genius level IQ?

Oh, I'm sorry, is my intellectual overexcitability showing?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... Philosophy is overrated... give me thermo or give me death.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

Your reference to quantum mechanics in that pop-culture, hand-waving, spiritual sense proves you the embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Perhaps that is why you raise your idea here at a fitness forum rather than at a high-IQ or philosophy forum? Because quantum mechanics?

Ha! I use more than one forum! - this book is for those in the collective anchoring stages they all unintentionally partake in.

-Dunning–Kruger effect never heard of that so I will look into it. - but I reference quantum mechanics in a hand-waving/spiritual sense making the case for this guy I'm talking to that science can not give meaning to the individual! -_-

I don't think I actually believe there is a 'collective conscious'!?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    we should stop feeding him
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    in for .gifs
  • MrTolerable
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

cutting edge physics suggests that the reality we precieve doesn't really match the physical world, matter is mostly empty space and its really the contructs of your own perception that prevents your had from passing though a solid counter top...

-true, space itself like actual dimensional space could be nothing but an illusion.

:flowerforyou:
  • We all know that the ladies love complex sentence structure and an overuse of the thesaurus.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    we should stop feeding him

But..Moon Moon

tumblr_mm4bupvOPu1sn2v55o1_500.jpg
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Did someone say moon moon

1ed.jpg

How I feel every time OP starts a thread:

05a48404318433b65872096a3f1d1f81.jpg

:flowerforyou:
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    We all know that the ladies love complex sentence structure and an overuse of the thesaurus.

Dawkins said in our sexual selection the brain is our peacocks tail! :wink:
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I tried to read this, but I was too busy having sex with my cousin: a sweet potato.
    Potatopotatopotato
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    <<<< walking away

:-D