Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    and your IQ its worth saying is a few points even higher then mine

Just a few ...

I think the funniest thing about this entire thread is the note "edited for spelling error" at the bottom of your first post.

You're doing this on purpose, right? Right?
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you're talking about... but I can count to potato.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Really_seriously_WHAT.gif
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The importance of the IQ input is because Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration largely applies only towards the gifted and genius - the bright don't even qualify or exhibit any overexcitabilities.

Good grief - It's not that I'm putting anyone down, or putting myself up- the large part of this simply is in coping with overexcitabilities, and dealing with simpletons in day-to-day life. It is something someone gifted would realize is a blessing and yet can be a daily curse - particularly when suffering from insomnia.

-_-

Talk about proving some of my points for me...sheesh.

Here's a book that can help you with your research. And maybe your insomnia.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Might-Narcissist-Narcissism-Ourselves/dp/1934938742/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175819&sr=8-7&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

All of your naysayers should consider reading these.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Deal-Narcissist-Barry-Sullivan-ebook/dp/B00LDWZLVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-1&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

http://www.amazon.com/Disarming-Narcissist-Surviving-Thriving-Self-Absorbed/dp/1608827607/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-3&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

http://www.amazon.com/The-Object-Affection-Reflection-Narcissists/dp/075730768X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-4&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

I'll check it out - I'm fairly certain I don't display narcissist character traits.

I take criticism rather well - I constantly learn from doing so.
    I show empathy to those I feel pity for, and never behave cruel towards them.
    I do have a strong will to power, but I don't feel the need to behave cruel as I gain stature - even to those I may not be fond of.
    I am an extreme optimist - hence me fighting for existentialism in this moral vacuum.
    I don't sleep with strangers.

^ I'll entertain the book though because I do place a great deal of value on appearance, I'm extremely competitive if I'm interested, and I have a hard time feeling.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Kierkegaard is for chumps.

:angry:

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Care to elaborate on that? I look up to him a great, great deal. - He provided more insight for the individual then even Nietzsche.

than even*
  • cbusiness2010
    Options
    Really_seriously_WHAT.gif

^^^^ This!
    Someone is high in sugar today, or low in... something.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Solipsist need not apply :wink:

Dang! Henry Rollins and I are OUT!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    enough-internet-cat.gif
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

[/quot

than even*

Mila-kunis-laughing.gif
  • MrTolerable
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

So make your point boss - how is he for chumps?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Not sure if narcissist or troll...

Young. Very, very young.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Is it unbridled arrogance day in the forums?

Sorry, but I have $50mm in derivatives to deal with, and I stopped thinking of existentialism in undergrad.

How am I doing?

I have $2.0B in real estate assets to deal with but apparently I would rather be here reading these stupid threads on MFP. Shoot, I think my IQ just dropped by reading this thread.

ETA: Impulse & 'herd' mentality at its finest
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity
    Alpacas_zpsda58cf40.gif

I think I have a new ambition...to be part of an alpaca herd.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

Actually, no, because your error was in the middle of a sentence, they were correct, because they were correcting that segment of your sentence. The correct way to word it was:

He provided more insight for the individual than even Nietzsche.*

I suggest you put your pseudo-intellectual, condescending attitude down now.

ETA: Respectfully. :flowerforyou:
  • MrTolerable
    Options

than even*

*Than even.

Actually, no, because your error was in the middle of a sentence, they were correct, because they were correcting that segment of your sentence. The correct way to word it was:

He provided more insight for the individual than even Nietzsche.*

I suggest you put your pseudo-intellectual, condescending attitude down now.

ETA: Respectfully. :flowerforyou:

:noway:

I corrected myself and 'then' :wink: opened up the floor to hear out his point?

I sincerely do not mean to be coming across as condescending. Once again my discussion has to do largely with the gifted- it was what my initial post stated on this thread - which is why I asked for their participation in particular.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I wonder what Camus would think of all this?

That its all 'absurd'.:wink:
    :laugh:
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options

I'll check it out - I'm fairly certain I don't display narcissist character traits.

I take criticism rather well - I constantly learn from doing so.
    I show empathy to those I feel pity for, and never behave cruel towards them.
    I do have a strong will to power, but I don't feel the need to behave cruel as I gain stature - even to those I may not be fond of.
    I am an extreme optimist - hence me fighting for existentialism in this moral vacuum.
    I don't sleep with strangers.
    You used the word "I" 10 times in your example of how you don't display narcissistic traits.
  • I couldn't make it through your first paragraph. Best of luck with your book.