Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options

Replies

• her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You're vs. your
    Then vs. than

I'm not certain even you qualify to post in this thread, OP.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Literary feedback: Your pseudointellectualism, condescension, presumptuousness, and juvenile arrogance are abrasive. I recommend you eliminate these elements from your prose if you wish to market your writing.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Do you already have a publishing company willing to pay you for this? Getting anything that falls into the realm of non-fiction (does this, really?) is close to impossible without already having a good editor and a publishing house looking for a specific NF topic.

This is the kind of topic that isn't likely to lead to a profitable reader base, so publishing houses tend to shy away unless the person writing is a media sensation (either positive or negative), a college professor with a captive audience required to pay the requisite $250 for a course textbook (and in most cases, these are generally self-published unless the professor is recognized as an expert and likely to garner additional profits from other institutions utilizing the text), a renowned historian writing on a topic that has garnered substantial interest based on the Nielsen performance of an on-point documentary, or a renowned scientist discussing a controversial topic.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is without pre-funding, any book you would write on the subject would be purely for self-edification. As such, what any of us think is entirely inconsequential.

:flowerforyou:

Awe.. vanity publishing will help significantly decrease your bank account :) Best wishes and Good luck :) The happy face will lead you to believe my IQ is <175.

Decrease? - It won't do anything for my bank account either way? Unless you mean the opportunity cost from the time invested in constructing it?
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    so Scottie - mind if I call you Scottie? - how long did it take you to perfect your dialogue/character? Did your relationship threads really generate the philosophical discourse you were seeking? I thought they were highly entertaining but I'm not so sure they were quite as insightful as you may have intended. Then again I didn't ever take you seriously as I knew there was no possible way you were completely for reals - just as a pointer, next time maybe don't suggest all of your love interests are models for the sake of credibility. Oh, also, if you haven't already done so, I am excluding myself from your experiment as my IQ is only 120. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I should also mention I am only 45% sure you are serious about this whole biography business.

^my point was driving conversation to philosophy - to see if I could get people that divulge in lackluster entertainment through reading text - yet entertain them enough to guide them through philosophical discourse.

Ah. And models. - indeed they are real - at the moment though I am only dating one lady at the moment and she is not a model - she was the psychologist I referred towards in a previous post. - frankly all of that though was strictly entertaining and embellished - I haven't fully formed my own 'self' I am still discovering and forming my identity, dating is a huge distraction from my current order of high priorities. I could care less about any of that - shocking how entertaining a randoms dating life was to everyone though.

Interesting. I did not pick up on that at all, but then again I do not meet your IQ cutoff... :smokin:

Yes, if you recall I previously asked you if there would be less embellished posts from you outside of the main forums. I can't quite decide if being so completely over the top was helpful or harmful to your cause. Would being less obvious of a "troll" (for lack of better term) have been more conducive to your experiment? Did it go according to your expectations?

It did indeed. I got to observe stage 1 first hand, in fact I brought the all together repeatedly.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You're vs. your
    Then vs. than

giphy.gif
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Literary feedback: Your pseudointellectualism, condescension, presumptuousness, and juvenile arrogance are abrasive. I recommend you eliminate these elements from your prose if you wish to market your writing.

- I have been taking care not to be presumptuous.

As for the arrogance, condescension, and 'pseudointellectualism' ... I will keep that in mind. :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    According to the Buzzfeed IQ test I took a few months ago, my IQ is 160.

It's obviously true since it was on the Internet.

But your little study is a bit beneath my mental capabilities and therefore, I must pass. The world needs me.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Regardless - unless your points are entirely on point, today I do not have the time to entertain or comment back on the petty statements.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Oh Jesus, not this s**t again.
  • rml_16
    Options
    You're vs. your
    Then vs. than

Also:
    ^my point was driving conversation to philosophy - to see if I could get people that divulge in lackluster entertainment through reading text - yet entertain them enough to guide them through philosophical discourse.

When referring to homo sapiens, it is always "who" rather than "that."
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    about as interesting as piss on white bread
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh Jesus, not this s**t again.

It's not so bad. Think of it as an opportunity for Moon Moon memes.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    The importance of the IQ input is because Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration largely applies only towards the gifted and genius - the bright don't even qualify or exhibit any overexcitabilities.

Good grief - It's not that I'm putting anyone down, or putting myself up- the large part of this simply is in coping with overexcitabilities, and dealing with simpletons in day-to-day life. It is something someone gifted would realize is a blessing and yet can be a daily curse - particularly when suffering from insomnia.

-_-

Talk about proving some of my points for me...sheesh.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    According to the Buzzfeed IQ test I took a few months ago, my IQ is 160.

It's obviously true since it was on the Internet.

But your little study is a bit beneath my mental capabilities and therefore, I must pass. The world needs me.

I live my whole life by Buzzfeed. How else would I know I'm a late teens boy who would have made a great queen in the middle ages when I wasn't busy being Monty Python's Black Knight? Of course, the IQ test is all wrong because I only got an 87, so either I'm the world's smartest ape or I'm 9.
  • rml_16
    Options
    The importance of the IQ input is because Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration largely applies only towards the gifted and genius - the bright don't even qualify or exhibit any overexcitabilities.

Good grief - It's not that I'm putting anyone down, or putting myself up- the large part of this simply is in coping with overexcitabilities, and dealing with simpletons in day-to-day life. It is something someone gifted would realize is a blessing and yet can be a daily curse - particularly when suffering from insomnia.

-_-

You're copying and pasting from Wikipedia, aren't you?

I mean, you don't know the difference between your and you're, but you can spell Dabrowski?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    6324600.jpg

^^^^ Sorry OP, this book seems more interesting. It has great reviews on Amazon.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    about as interesting as piss on white bread

45617154.jpg
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Have you considered what you're going to do with the rest of your week once you've figured out the meaning of life?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

-_-

15s54j9.jpg
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Did someone say moon moon

1ed.jpg