Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options

Replies

• KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    The importance of the IQ input is because Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration largely applies only towards the gifted and genius - the bright don't even qualify or exhibit any overexcitabilities.

Good grief - It's not that I'm putting anyone down, or putting myself up- the large part of this simply is in coping with overexcitabilities, and dealing with simpletons in day-to-day life. It is something someone gifted would realize is a blessing and yet can be a daily curse - particularly when suffering from insomnia.

-_-

Talk about proving some of my points for me...sheesh.

Dabrowski doesnt even Tyler Durden

unique+snowflake.jpeg
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    didnt-read-lol-gif-15.gif
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    so Scottie - mind if I call you Scottie? - how long did it take you to perfect your dialogue/character? Did your relationship threads really generate the philosophical discourse you were seeking? I thought they were highly entertaining but I'm not so sure they were quite as insightful as you may have intended. Then again I didn't ever take you seriously as I knew there was no possible way you were completely for reals - just as a pointer, next time maybe don't suggest all of your love interests are models for the sake of credibility. Oh, also, if you haven't already done so, I am excluding myself from your experiment as my IQ is only 120. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I should also mention I am only 45% sure you are serious about this whole biography business.

I would llke to point out the fact that my IQ is 145 and she is MUCH more likely to be of a greater help to you than I would ever since I am tend to be very easily distracted. So your request for input based upon IQ may in fact hinder your needs. This is a common misunderstanding I see often.

That being said, as far as publishing goes have you ever considered starting a blog and gathering interests from there. As an "Artisan Promoter" You should be able to garner a bit of a following for your blog if you tried. I mean, if terrible books like '50 Shades of Grey' can do it then surely you could reach at least a fraction of the same success as long as you put in at least half the effort into that blog as you did into this façade.

I apologize for my slow reply and if this has already been offered up while I was taking my sweet time typing this. Best of luck, sir.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Did someone say moon moon

1ed.jpg

tumblr_mmjmqnsI3r1ru1lwco1_500.jpg
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    My 152 IQ is offended that you think I want anything to do with this.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Did someone say moon moon

1ed.jpg

How I feel every time OP starts a thread:

05a48404318433b65872096a3f1d1f81.jpg
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The importance of the IQ input is because Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration largely applies only towards the gifted and genius - the bright don't even qualify or exhibit any overexcitabilities.

Good grief - It's not that I'm putting anyone down, or putting myself up- the large part of this simply is in coping with overexcitabilities, and dealing with simpletons in day-to-day life. It is something someone gifted would realize is a blessing and yet can be a daily curse - particularly when suffering from insomnia.

-_-

unique+snowflake.jpeg

My worldview would be expounding on a very similar nihilism Durden/Palahniuk perpetrates particularly, in attempting to find meaning in the void.

^that book was good. Hardly ideal.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

-_-

Here's a book that can help you with your research. And maybe your insomnia.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Might-Narcissist-Narcissism-Ourselves/dp/1934938742/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175819&sr=8-7&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

All of your naysayers should consider reading these.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Deal-Narcissist-Barry-Sullivan-ebook/dp/B00LDWZLVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-1&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

http://www.amazon.com/Disarming-Narcissist-Surviving-Thriving-Self-Absorbed/dp/1608827607/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-3&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

http://www.amazon.com/The-Object-Affection-Reflection-Narcissists/dp/075730768X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-4&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist
  • PikaKnight
    Options

-_-

http://www.amazon.com/You-Might-Narcissist-Narcissism-Ourselves/dp/1934938742/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175819&sr=8-7&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

http://www.amazon.com/How-Deal-Narcissist-Barry-Sullivan-ebook/dp/B00LDWZLVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-1&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

http://www.amazon.com/Disarming-Narcissist-Surviving-Thriving-Self-Absorbed/dp/1608827607/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-3&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

http://www.amazon.com/The-Object-Affection-Reflection-Narcissists/dp/075730768X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175727&sr=8-4&keywords=self+help+for+the+narcissist

Robert-Downey-Jr-laughing.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I can't even.........
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I can't even.........

Sure you can.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

-_-

unique+snowflake.jpeg

My worldview would be expounding on a very similar nihilism Durden/Palahniuk perpetrates particularly, in attempting to find meaning in the void.

^that book was good. Hardly ideal.

Ponder this.....its a void for a reason.....because there is no meaning. Hence the term....VOID

Keanu_Whoa1.png

Good Luck on your gurney :flowerforyou:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

-_-

extremely well played
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I can't even.........stop laughing

FIFY
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    Not sure if narcissist or troll...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity
    Alpacas_zpsda58cf40.gif
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    and dealing with simpletons in day-to-day life. It is something someone gifted would realize is a blessing and yet can be a daily curse

I'm not so sure that your portrayed character is too far off from your actual personality. That is one of the most condescending comments that I have ever read.

OP, I offer you a gift...

*presents a step ladder*

You know, so you don't break you backside whenever you decide to jump off that high horse and mingle among us "simpletons"
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    so Scottie - mind if I call you Scottie? - how long did it take you to perfect your dialogue/character? Did your relationship threads really generate the philosophical discourse you were seeking? I thought they were highly entertaining but I'm not so sure they were quite as insightful as you may have intended. Then again I didn't ever take you seriously as I knew there was no possible way you were completely for reals - just as a pointer, next time maybe don't suggest all of your love interests are models for the sake of credibility. Oh, also, if you haven't already done so, I am excluding myself from your experiment as my IQ is only 120. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I should also mention I am only 45% sure you are serious about this whole biography business.

I would llke to point out the fact that my IQ is 145 and she is MUCH more likely to be of a greater help to you than I would ever since I am tend to be very easily distracted. So your request for input based upon IQ may in fact hinder your needs. This is a common misunderstanding I see often.

That being said, as far as publishing goes have you ever considered starting a blog and gathering interests from there. As an "Artisan Promoter" You should be able to garner a bit of a following for your blog if you tried. I mean, if terrible books like '50 Shades of Grey' can do it then surely you could reach at least a fraction of the same success as long as you put in at least half the effort into that blog as you did into this façade.

I apologize for my slow reply and if this has already been offered up while I was taking my sweet time typing this. Best of luck, sir.

My request for IQ isn't because I think the responses will be suddenly 'brilliant' - it is because your displayed characteristics are particularly what I am discussing.

So question for you, brief question. - and your IQ its worth saying is a few points even higher then mine.

This wasn't supposed to be some 'who's the smartest one here' slug-fest - I needed input from the brightest because I'm discussing part of what makes them unique from the average person. If they display overexcitabilities it is as drastic a difference in the psyche as comparing a primitive man to an ape.

In early adolescence in particular did you display any of the overexcitabilities?

http://www.sengifted.org/archives/articles/overexcitability-and-the-gifted

Also what coping mechanisms have you used/developed in keeping the pshychomotor/imaginational overexcitabilities in check?

PM me if you want?
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Respectfully, left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity
    Alpacas_zpsda58cf40.gif

exactly how I've felt on many of the threads I've started.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Kierkegaard is for chumps.