Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Don't know how beneficial it is once you break out terms like simpleton, accusations like "left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity".

The current manner of enforcement of the community guidelines is entirely perplexing to me.

Yah. That's why it's such a low score. The OP should not have been overtly insulting, It is antithetical to his original premise. I guess there's always next time. :tongue:

I referenced Nietzsche's point of the difference between the gifted individual being as different from primitive man as an ape is to the primitive man.

When I mention the above, sure it sounds condescending - then again I feel like I was just being direct - if you look into positive disintegration almost every average person is only at stage 1- aka moving off of impulse, and herd mentality - and yes I believe you all lack free will and take a very deterministic outlook when considering the odds of you having any free will.

Condescending? - You condescend your inner self by not crafting your own identity. - that is the true fault.

:shrugs:

Please define "primitive man"

While you're at it, define "ape"
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    maybe you've stumbled onto something here... draw the readers in by pissing them off
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Not enough GIFs.

Seriously, OP... I'd stop wasting your time with writing. You already know that no one is smart enough to "get" you.

Wait until he reads Wittgenstein.
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    gif_absinthe.gif
  • puggglet
    puggglet Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't have enough calories left for the amount of wine I'd need to be part of this thread
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You're vs. your
    Then vs. than

I'm not certain even you qualify to post in this thread, OP.

Also:
    ^my point was driving conversation to philosophy - to see if I could get people that divulge in lackluster entertainment through reading text - yet entertain them enough to guide them through philosophical discourse.

When referring to homo sapiens, it is always "who" rather than "that."

Bravo Rml_16!
    BTW OP, excellent choice of bait!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    what-is-going-on.gif
    3770897-9528754802-13663.gif
    9rkDKoa.gif
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Don't know how beneficial it is once you break out terms like simpleton, accusations like "left to your own devices many of you move strictly off of impulse & 'herd' mentality rather then forming your own identity".

The current manner of enforcement of the community guidelines is entirely perplexing to me.

Yah. That's why it's such a low score. The OP should not have been overtly insulting, It is antithetical to his original premise. I guess there's always next time. :tongue:

There won't be another next time for MFP you already served your utility. - Some of you have helped a great deal though! :flowerforyou:

The accusations of thinking collectively? - Well, frankly I'm happy to see are even coming across as accusatory.
  • I don't have enough calories left for the amount of wine I'd need to be part of this thread

Forget the wine, this thread is full on weed mode right now
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    You're vs. your
    Then vs. than

Also:
    ^my point was driving conversation to philosophy - to see if I could get people that divulge in lackluster entertainment through reading text - yet entertain them enough to guide them through philosophical discourse.

Bravo!

LMAO! - if my grammatical blunders is what constitutes being taken seriously or not I will be sure to slave over every sentence structure.

However, I think for the fellow thinkers out there - my points came across accurately.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I don't have enough calories left for the amount of wine I'd need to be part of this thread

We've all spent too much time in the psychosphere.

laterz
  • puggglet
    Options

That's only going to give me the munchies. No good can come of that lol over and out ;)
  • I don't have enough calories left for the amount of wine I'd need to be part of this thread

That's only going to give me the munchies. No good can come of that lol over and out ;)

mmm frozen reece's pb cups
  • MrTolerable
    Options

I referenced Nietzsche's point of the difference between the gifted individual being as different from primitive man as an ape is to the primitive man.

When I mention the above, sure it sounds condescending - then again I feel like I was just being direct - if you look into positive disintegration almost every average person is only at stage 1- aka moving off of impulse, and herd mentality - and yes I believe you all lack free will and take a very deterministic outlook when considering the odds of you having any free will.

Condescending? - You condescend your inner self by not crafting your own identity. - that is the true fault.

:shrugs:

Please define "primitive man"

While you're at it, define "ape"

• puggglet
    Options

Funny you should say that, just talking of munchies made me want to run to the freezer for pb cup Ben and jerrys!!!

Funny you should say that, just talking of munchies made me want to run to the freezer for pb cup Ben and jerrys!!!

I have Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey calling my name
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    10/10 would not read your auto/biography if I were offered money.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    You're vs. your
    Then vs. than

Also:

Bravo!

LMAO! - if my grammatical blunders is what constitutes being taken seriously or not I will be sure to slave over every sentence structure.

However, I think for the fellow thinkers out there - my points came across accurately.

agree that there were much more poignant arguments to denounce you with then gramar.
  • puggglet
    Options

I have Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey calling my name

10 minutes here and I'm mentally knee deep in icecream and wine. You can all have a field day psycho analysing what that says about me ha I'm off to a thread better suited to my IQ ;)
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    You're vs. your
    Then vs. than

Also:

Bravo!

agree that there were much more poignant arguments to denounce you with then gramar.

Sadly, I was begging for a denouncement - yet I received NONE.