Dating someone 22 years older?

Options
What do you think about someone who is 20, dating someone who is 42.

I really need advice.

Replies

• sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options
    If his parents don't mind, I say go for it.
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    Um I'm the one whose 20, not him.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A certain Kanye West song comes to mind...
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    go for it
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I think it depends where you both are in life. For example, does he have kids if so would he eventually want more. If not and you want kids, move on. Do you have things in common, if so great, if not move on. Think about the future, do you want to be 40 married to someone who is 62, if not move on. You get the idea.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    When I was 23 I dated a 42 year old woman for a short while. She was nice and it was fun, but in the end we just didn't have much in common. But there are plenty of couples out there with big age gaps that are quite happy.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    The more important question is what do YOU think?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What does it matter what other people think? Do you base everyone you'll date on whether they'll meet public approval or not?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    As long as all legal testing is done, and all debts are settled after every transaction, who are we to judge?
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    What about someone who is 43 dating someone 22? Asking for a friend
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    What does it matter what other people think? Do you base everyone you'll date on whether they'll meet public approval or not?

This...... Who's business is it but your own, Life's to short to be worrying about others opinions in this matter.... If you are happy and know what you want, then go for it..... Best of Luck
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I think this is one of those things where everyone is like "yeah go for it!" "age doesnt matter"....but I mean really...its awkward and bizarre.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think that because you are asking for other peoples opinions Then there is already some doubt there. Do what makes you happy.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and honestly can't imagine having anything in common with a 20 year old. Go for it, but my guess is that you're not exactly getting the socially adept 42 year old in the herd.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    There's almost a 16 year age gap between my significant other and I. Me, 22. Him, 38. Our first anniversary is a couple weeks away. Who you are and who he is, is all that matters - age (as long as everything is legal, as in this case it is) is irrelevant. But, be prepared for people to judge a little, or give you a hard time, my SO and I got our fair share in he beginning, but as we've fallen in love and made one another so happy, our friends and family have grown more supportive.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    The more important question is what do YOU think?

I think it's disgusting.

Disgusting that I don't have a 23yo woman interested in me.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    What do you think about someone who is 20, dating someone who is 42.

I really need advice.

asking for heartache.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Who cares what we think. You're an adult, right?
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There's kind of a "rule" for men dating younger women. Take your age, cut it in half, and add seven years. If she's younger than that, then you are the creepy old guy.

In his case, at the age of 42, his absolute lowest limit he should be looking to date is 28. So he's major creepy dude.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Who cares what we think. You're an adult, right?

Exactly what I was thinking.

However, what if you were 40 and he was 62. Is that still the same?