SWaT Walking Group - December Walk

Options
The SWaT Walking Group December Walk is starting! :happy: Yay! Congratulations to everyone that walked with us last month and I hope your looking forward to the month ahead.

The SwaT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds founder) and we just liked the name so it stuck. This is a great group if your looking for friends and support so if you would like to join us just jump (or walk) right in. New members are always welcome. There is nothing special required to join, just post your goal and your set. You decide your own goal as we are all at different levels and all have our own schedules. Just check in whenever you would like, daily, weekly, whatever works for you. This walk will end on December 31st. We’ll have to decide if we want to set a New Year’s resolution walk for January

For those of you that aren't familiar with Walk Away the Pounds they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. They are easy to do for someone who is uncoordinated (like me) or older (also like me) or that just can't handle the more strenuous workouts for whatever reason. They can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are easy to find at Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, online and lots of other sources. They can be rented from Netflix and downloaded from the Internet.

The Walk Away the Pounds is "my" walking choice. The group is open to anyone that wants to do any form of walking. Indoors, outdoors, it's up to you. And if you want to mix in some other stuff or just hang out a bit that’s okay too. I've recently been doing some outside walking myself.

My goal for December is to PASS my November mileage (only 35 miles), preferably by about 15 miles. November has been my lowest mileage month since I started walking in March. :embarassed: I’ve got to do better than that, so please feel free to give me a kick if I start whining this month! :noway:

Replies

• dnb3333
    dnb3333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to come back and motivate you a little-
    Let's see, I do the kettlebell workout 3 x week, so I should be able to log 75 miles for December....
    Come on, you CAN do it :wink:
    Time to reset my ticker!
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am back again too. I love this group it keeps me going. I am going to mix up my rotunie seeing as my body is now used to walking what is up with that. I am going to do 30 miles this month. Last two months I have walked 50 each.

Plus with Holidays and parties it's going to be a busy month, I want to keep going though.

To a good month.

PS. Snow was falling today on my home from work. Nothing major though.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    New to the thread but love to walk! A new month and a new start!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    A new month and a new thread! A fresh start, too!

Thanks, Sandy, for keeping this going. I will be back in the morning.
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Have shoes on and ready to walk.... YEA!!!!!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Count me in also, Thank you Sandy for starting December's walk! :smile: BTW it is Chris Freytag.
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm back as well. I didn't make my goal in November, but am aiming to recover this month. I'll stick with my 80 miles :flowerforyou: .
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Well, I only managed 41 miles in November so I am going for 60 miles this month. I know I can do it and I WILL!
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Definately count me in!

I love our group and I love seeing new members!

Welcome new walkers! Looking forward to getting to know you!:flowerforyou:

I met my 50 mile goal in November. I think Im going to lower it a bit in December because of the weather and holidays. 40 miles should still keep it challenging.

Thank you Sandy!
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Starting Dec off right. went over to my "mom" and working on getting her active. she did join this site last month and she is now riding her bike 1/2 a mile 3 times a week and I walked as she rode. she has a 3 wheeler and then came home and did the 4 mile DVD and I did 1 boost out of 3, need to work back up to the full 3, So 4.5 miles this morning.. YEA!!!
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy!

Count me in again. This is a crazy month for most of us, so I'm going to set my goal lower than November. I was really hustling at the end to get those miles. I'll be walking 40 miles. Feel free to kick me in the butt if I start slacking. LOL

Patti
  • MCS64
    Options
    I may need alittle butt kickin too this month. Thanksgiving was the easy one. Xmas time is usually alittle harder for me. Im counting on you guys ok.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It's starting to sound like December is going to be a butt-kicking month! :tongue:

I'm so happy to see everyone back for the December walk and welcome to all the new walkers. I'm also glad to see some old friends re-joining us. Plummy has been doing the kettle ball workouts so I know she can give us a good kick when we need it. :laugh:

I'm so thankful to have all of you to keep me focused. There have been times I know I would have given up if I didn't have to report back in to you all here. I was hoping for a lunch time walk today but it was cold and very windy. Tomorrow should be better. I've got my MP3 player ready to go, it should help pass the time while I walk. I can't seem to get anyone interested in walking at work but it may be just as well. I like to move along pretty fast and this way I can keep my own pace. :bigsmile:

I did get in the 2 mile big burn again this evening. It was in the dvd player so I just pushed play. If I were smart I'd go put in a longer workout so next time I'd have to walk a little further. :noway:

Happy hump-day everyone!

And way to go Leslie!!!!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Did the elliptical today instead of straight walk 38 minutes cardio program 501 calories burned.

I did do Leslie's Boosted walk the day before with weights. That was 2 miles

Don't know how you would figure the elliptical.

Happy walking and thak you for the thread!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hey folks!
    Just one mile tonight with Plum, needed the kettlebell workout did the full routine (25 min) with a 7.5# weight!
    More (much more) miles tomorrow!
    Walk strong:wink:
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I walked 3 Miles with Leslie with the walk away bands tonight. Whew kicked my rear. Which is good.

Wow December already! Just think by the time the Snow is done flying we are going to be looking so good and so healthy!

Have a good Thursday!
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    Well, I am back to give it another try....it seems that every month I start strong and falter badly later on. So, this month I will do my best to stay strong all month. I am hoping for 80 miles this month. Good to see everyone again :):)
  • MCS64
    Options
    I HAD to share this with my fellow animal lovers! Nothing to do with dieting or walking. Made me laugh.

The following should be posted very low on a refrigerator door.

Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog's or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:

(1) They live here. You don't.

(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.

(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.

(4) To you, they are animals.. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

(1) eat less,

(2) don't ask for money all the time,

(3) are easier to train,

(4) normally come when called,

(5) never ask to drive the car,

(6) don't hang out with drug-using people;

(7) don't smoke or drink,

(8) don't want to wear your clothes,

(9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,

(10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and

(11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children .....
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    how do you calcute the calories burned from using the walking videos. I have the 1 and 2 mile dvd and would like the some other ones too, but would like ot konw how you calculate the calories burned. thanks