not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• mcrawley22
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!! This group is great. Full of wonderful ladies!

AScheif - thanks for that info!! I am kind of experiencing the same thing. I was working with a trainer before Christmas for 6 weeks and only lost 2 lbs, I did lose inches but I felt like I lost more then I did. The reason I thought that is because I could start to see some muscle definition again and I think it is because I used to be athletic and I used to be muscular but I def have a fat layer over top of that now :tongue: Anyways, thanks for the info!!

Ladies who were commenting on protein bars...are you from the states or Canada? I live in Canada and want to find a good protein bar here....if anyone has any recommendations??
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    oh and one more thing!!

Thanks to all you ladies for being so inspirational! I see on some your tickers, 110lb lost, 50 lbs lost. That is amazing!! Seeing other ladies do it makes me feel like it really is possible! so cheers to all of you! :drinker:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ok, on my way back from the Caribbean and ready to get serious! Who's up for a no flour, no alcohol, and low/no sugar challenge????
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Oooo, can I join? This thread is so me. Im 5ft 5ins and weigh 153 lbs but I'd like to be 143lbs so trying to lose 10lbs. I work out loads and enjoy it but I have a real sweet tooth so I'm working on slowly reducing my sugars.

Please add me as friend as I'd love to share ideas tips and motivation with people in the same boat as me. :happy:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Ok, on my way back from the Caribbean and ready to get serious! Who's up for a no flour, no alcohol, and low/no sugar challenge????
    I have wanted to try this but I am beginning to think if I can't do it forever, I shouldn't do it. I am still working on more protein, and working out 5 days a week.
    Not trying to discouage you, I applaud your efforts at clean eating!
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So, this might be a bit random.

Any of you ladies tattooed?

I got my first one yesterday (whoo!) and I'm curious about working out/sweating with it. I was told no water/steam type things for two weeks, and to do 3x a day cleanings for the first 3 days. Should I avoid high-impact workouts that will leave me sweaty? I figure I can still do resistance type stuff as I don't really sweat with that. If I should avoid it, for how long?
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This is me. I am 5'1" and currently weigh 129. I am trying to get to my goal weight of 115. I am not obese but i am slightly overweight. I am dying to slim down.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try this but I am beginning to think if I can't do it forever, I shouldn't do it. I am still working on more protein, and working out 5 days a week.
    Not trying to discouage you, I applaud your efforts at clean eating!

Well the back story for me is I am gluten allergic, so no wheat flour, and most substitutes are high in calories.

Also, I was reading "Sugar Shock" while on vacation because I have always been sensitive to sugar and the author explained how sugar and alcohol (a sugar) can stimulate the body to gave low blood sugar because of the insulin response, promoting appetite, fatigue, and weight gain. I do remember I went sugar free for a while before and I lost a lot of weight. But it's tough!
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I got my first one yesterday (whoo!) and I'm curious about working out/sweating with it. I was told no water/steam type things for two weeks, and to do 3x a day cleanings for the first 3 days. Should I avoid high-impact workouts that will leave me sweaty? I figure I can still do resistance type stuff as I don't really sweat with that. If I should avoid it, for how long?

yep i have two tattoos

yesss i would avoid sweaty workouts, it may cause your tattoo to scab and the colour fades, this happened to me... wait a month id say?
  • srsimon
    Options

yep i have two tattoos

yesss i would avoid sweaty workouts, it may cause your tattoo to scab and the colour fades, this happened to me... wait a month id say?

Thanks for the advice!
  • Temperantia
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently weigh around 128lbs and wanna drop 10 :)
  • Sunny_Skies
    Options

I also have a tattoo! It's a butterfly, and I've had it for over a year now. I would definitely avoid anything that you think will make you too sweaty, because your tattoo is still vulnerable and will scab off. When I first got mine, I had to be super careful because it scabbed a lot, and certain areas looked like they might come off entirely. I would wait at least a month and see how much of it is healed first.
  • chelle4282
    chelle4282 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I keep watching this thread because I fit into this category for sure... so I might as well say hello!

I'm 5'0 and weigh 133. My first mini-goal is to get down to 125, and hopefully around 120 after that. It seems like so little, but when you're this short, every pound seems to show!

I'm really hoping to get and stay within a normal BMI, and hopefully fit into a size 6. I've been working out at the gym lately, but can't wait for spring so I can start running/biking outside again.

Anyways, I hope you all are having a good weekend. Happy eating and moving to you.
  • cem789
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently weigh around 128lbs and wanna drop 10 :)

dropping 10 seems a lot? try and keep your bmi above 18?
  • cem789
    Options
    just looked at your profile... maybe not :)
  • srsimon
    Options

I also have a tattoo! It's a butterfly, and I've had it for over a year now. I would definitely avoid anything that you think will make you too sweaty, because your tattoo is still vulnerable and will scab off. When I first got mine, I had to be super careful because it scabbed a lot, and certain areas looked like they might come off entirely. I would wait at least a month and see how much of it is healed first.

I got a butterfly on my ankle. Good to know, because for as much pain as I experienced it better not come off! lol
  • sourapple99
    sourapple99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!
    im quite new to the site and have 12 pounds to lose....im a 132 now and would love to be 120

Im getting married in September and thats my motivation:))

i love this site and the people!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I posted earlier....I'm 5"2" and started at 123lbs (i'm 48 years old). I currently weigh 118ish. Not a huge weight loss compared to some MFPers but it has made a huge difference for me. I don't feel bloated and have gained confidence. Would like to get to 115 lbs. but it is very slow going....
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm really glad to see this thread. I'm 165 cm (nearly 5'5"), weighed 59kg a week and a half ago, when I started mfp and now weigh 57kg with only two kilos to reach my goal of 55kg (about 121lbs). For me the challenge is staying there! I get there, relax, and boing back up to 65kg. I was 67kg after giving birth, but then ate myself up to 70kg or so. I got back down to 60kg, but the last little bit is harder.

I hope mfp will help me to stay my ideal weight :)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am also happy to see this thread :) I only wanted to lose 4-5 kgs when I signed up. I am 160cms. At the moment I weigh 54kgs. The trainer at the gym told me not to lose any more weight, but to focus on reducing my body fat. I do strength training about 3 days a week and cardio 3-4 days.
    Nice to meet y'all