not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options
Our other thread got locked, maybe got too long, but I hope we can continue here. Just supporting those who only have a few pounds to go, or who are in the healthy range but want to lose inches, get fit or tone up to reveal our best selves.
welcome, and welcome back!

Replies

• asnuff16
    Options
    does 15 or 20 pounds constitue a little? I may be losing less than that. today this guy thought I was my goal weight. But I'd be interested in this page :)
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I'm interested! I am 152 lbs at 5'5''... I would like to be 140lbs... Yay for us flabby skinny girls... lol (I don't consider myself skinny at all btw)

I actually really hate it when people say "Why are you trying to lose weight, why are you dieting? You're so small." Let me go put on a bikini and you'll see why.
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 137 at 5'5" and my goal weight is 125. I have a curvy hourglass figure and want to keep it that way with toning exercises! :)
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i'm definitely in this category at the moment :) i'm less than 5'1'' tall and i only have about 10 pounds to lose now. i'm aiming to maintain at 115 pounds!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I can join this one too. I'm 5'5 and weigh 154 lbs (69 kgs) and am hoping to get to around 140lbs (65kgs)
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    This is the thread I've been looking for! I've always been fit and active. Rowing, running, doing triathlons. But i've never had the exact body I want even though I exercise a lot. Finally realized that it could be that I've always ate whatever the heck I wanted (which has been great! lol), but that is just not working for me any more. I want muscle definition and abs and no jiggly thighs! So hopefully this new approach to eating will help me see the results of the active person that I am! I am 5'6" and 145 pounds currently. I also agree/empathize with those who are annoyed when people tell you that you don't need to lose weight. True, I don't NEED to loose weight, but I would LIKE to for personal goals, just as much as a heavier person would. And this seems like a healthy, non-psychotic, and manageable way to do it. Lost one pound already after two weeks! Even over thanksgiving!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    This sounds like me, too. I am 5'6", currently 128-130. Would like to be in the 118-125 range. I am successfully toning and have lost a half inch each @ waist and hips, but having a hard time getting the scale to budge, despite being very active and working out. I know most people say I am just fine where I am, healthy, but I like myself a little more slender, a little less curvy.

Lucy
  • shadysyrup313
    shadysyrup313 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and gw is 116-120. At 134 right now.
    18 more lbs!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling losing that last 10 pounds. I am 5'5" tall and I weighed 139 last time I weighed-in. But I think I gained a little over Thanksgiving, but I still have a goal of 129 pounds.

I, too, get sick and tired of hearing all the nay-sayers talk about how skinny I am and how I don't need to lose weight or whatever. I might be in a healthy range right now, but sometimes our goals aren't just getting into the healthy range! I mean, when I weighed 191 pounds my goal WAS to be in the healthy range. Now that I am there, I want to get an athletic body type without the curvy hips and chunky thighs and poochy stomach...I want to have muscle (not like a body builder, but enough to give me the ability to do like 20 or more pull-ups without assistance from a chair...)

I want to be in about a size 4 or loose size 6 by summer next year, so even though those peeps out there whine at me for exercising everyday and watching my calories, I will continue to do it to reach my goals!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I wondered what happened to our old conversation......

I am 5' 7" tall, and currently 129.6 lbs. (after my holiday gain of 3 lbs.).....My goal is 120 lbs., where I feel better. I know that I am not "fat" per se, but just not comfortable with this extra weight. I also know that I will need to set a range where I am comfortable, and not have a single number that I strive for (a five pound range is reasonable).

One tough this here on MFP is that I feel like I'm constantly lectured by people telling me to eat more, that I exercise too much, or that I'm "not fat anyway!" I know that I work-out a lot, but it sure beats sitting around watching TV! =)
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' actually in 117 lbs...and hope to reach 105 lbs....!..:)
  • onetxjewel
    onetxjewel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in this category! I'm 142 and 5'2 but most people are shocked and don't believe that I weigh that much. I'd of course LOVE to lose 20 pounds but I think that's too much pressure to put on myself for the next 7 months before my wedding, so i've told myself I want to tone and just feel good...so 10 pounds but mainly worried about just feeling good and fit! Eating within my calories and exercising but not going crazy and cutting all my carbs (I've tried this but then get hypoglycemic and grumpy...not worth it!). I'm starting off slowly right now but am going to hit it hard after the new year. I'm a teacher and will have two weeks off for christmas and i'll just be setting myself up to try and attain a lot while traveling for 2 weeks. :)
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4", currently at 128lbs. Want to be 118lbs. Motivation is low at the moment, so taking it easy in December (easy = 45-60 minute workouts instead of 90-120 minute workouts a day). Come January, I'll be blasting away those pounds... Competition for Figure Bodybuilding in May 2011!! YAHOO!!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in the forums yet because I didn't really think I fit in. Now I do! I'm currently at 133lbs and my goal is 120. My coworkers can't fathom in the slightest bit why I'm trying to lose weight and it gets frustrating. Everyone knows their own body type and where they should be at/feel comfortable. They keep shoving pastries in my face and I have to run away.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    welcome to the new folks, I am glad we could start this again. I hope we can support each other and share our tips and tricks for success. I don't have any tricks per se, just trying to eat and exercise and have a deficit of calories.
    I am going to Domincan Republic in February and want to look good in a bikini.
    I'll repeat what was said in the other thread and that's just that it takes time and consistency when you are close to goal weight, the calorie-deficit is small and the difference between losing and maintaining is only 200 calories for some of us who aren't going below 1200 cals/day. -3500 is one pound of fat, so a -200 daily deficit, well, it takes about 17.5 days to lose one pound of fat! but it's not all a science and losing weight is a personal thing. So if a cheat day works, if a fasting day works, do what works for you.
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    Im so in this category myself. Im 5'6 at 138 and it wont budge!!! I have lower tummy bulge that has definitley overstayed it's welcome! im working out, tryin to eat right, tho i fail come evening and tend to snack while watchin tv. This past spring/summer i was kickin it w/ Insanity daily and just everyday knockin some form of workout out and now, it's winter/ cold and i've lost my mojo...i am tryin to get it back to say the least cuz I dont want to have more to work on or lose come spring! :happy: my goal is to be about 125 ish:tongue:
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm in this category! I'm 142 and 5'2 but most people are shocked and don't believe that I weigh that much. I'd of course LOVE to lose 20 pounds but I think that's too much pressure to put on myself for the next 7 months before my wedding, so i've told myself I want to tone and just feel good...so 10 pounds but mainly worried about just feeling good and fit! Eating within my calories and exercising but not going crazy and cutting all my carbs (I've tried this but then get hypoglycemic and grumpy...not worth it!). I'm starting off slowly right now but am going to hit it hard after the new year. I'm a teacher and will have two weeks off for christmas and i'll just be setting myself up to try and attain a lot while traveling for 2 weeks. :)

I agree w/ you totally. these winter months have slowed me down and i refuse do the cuttin carbs thing again as it made me grumpy too! haha Congrats on your wedding and I know w/ all this support all of us can succeed! :happy:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha... 5'2" with about 8lbs to go to get to a "normal" BMI and 25lbs to go to get to goal. (Yep, been at that weight before. Looks REAL nice.) I get a lot of flack about trying to lose weight because I look good... with my clothes ON. :bigsmile:
  • shhhhpassiton
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5' 4" and 125 pounds. Before college I was more like 115 so i'm trying to get more into that rage maybe more like 120, hopefully by christmas!
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    Hey!!!
    I'm 5 feet and currently 128.8 lbs and would love to get down to 110 lbs!!!
    I have lost 11.2 lbs in the past 2 months and im motivated to lose more!!!
    Just received Turbo Fire as an early xmas gift and did my first workout today...wow it was amazing!!! already sore!!