not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• mcrawley22
    Options
    TaraMaria - Cut out refined sugar, Run/Walk the distance from Nazareth to Bethlehem, Run for 30 Minutes Straight or Three Miles, Ab Routine 3x's Weekly

Amy (asjerven)- running/cardio 3 days per week, calorie-goal 1200 5 days per week.

Erin (Gogo76) - weight lifting 3 days per week, cardio 5 days per week, Dec. Move Your *kitten* Challenge - 80miles

Karen (Lyadeia) - calorie goal of 1200 + exercise calories monitored by HRM or bodybugg, start and finish without skipping workouts of P90X plus Turbo Kick rounds for the cardio, get my fitness blog off and running, start a Fit Club in my hometown :)

Alex (frostyisis) - P90X 3-4x per week, cardio 2-3x per week, run 10 miles straight, lose 5 lbs by Christmas (almost there), look SEXY in my main pic dress.

Wendy (wendypenner) - Insanity 6 days per week, swim at least 1 day, gym at least 1 day, try spin class next week

Meagan - strngth training min 2 days per week. cardio min 2-3 days per week. Stay ontrack with 1200 calories/day 5 days a week

edit: I was posting my goals at the same time as Wendy so I am pasting her goals in there. Sorry abou that! :happy:
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I found this topic because I am so tired of people telling me that I don't need to lose weight.. I really would love support from people who are in the same boat as me! Please add me as a friend so I can have some more 'not-so-heavy friends' :)

TaraMaria - Cut out refined sugar, Run/Walk the distance from Nazareth to Bethlehem, Run for 30 Minutes Straight or Three Miles, Ab Routine 3x's Weekly

Amy (asjerven)- running/cardio 3 days per week, calorie-goal 1200 5 days per week.

Erin (Gogo76) - weight lifting 3 days per week, cardio 5 days per week, Dec. Move Your *kitten* Challenge - 80miles

Karen (Lyadeia) - calorie goal of 1200 + exercise calories monitored by HRM or bodybugg, start and finish without skipping workouts of P90X plus Turbo Kick rounds for the cardio, get my fitness blog off and running, start a Fit Club in my hometown :)

Alex (frostyisis) - P90X 3-4x per week, cardio 2-3x per week, run 10 miles straight, lose 5 lbs by Christmas (almost there), look SEXY in my main pic dress.

Wendy (wendypenner) - Insanity 6 days per week, swim at least 1 day, gym at least 1 day, try spin class next week

Meagan - strngth training min 2 days per week. cardio min 2-3 days per week. Stay ontrack with 1200 calories/day 5 days a week

Melodie (melliebee)- Strength train 2 days a week, Ab routine 2 days a week, Cardio 3 days a week. Not go over my 1300 calories a day. I MUST fit into my bridesmaid dress for next summer.. I am ordering a size 6 (I am an 8) so I have to fit into it by then :)
  • queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm not skinny either! And being Asian and all its a little hard when you feel as if you're constantly being compared with girls the size of chopsticks! I only need to lose about 15-20lbs to be where I wanna be.

I'm so glad I found this thread! WE CAN DO IT LADIES!! :)

Feel free to add me as a friend! I'd love to have "not-that-heavy girls on my side! <3
  • ZeOphelia
    ZeOphelia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    M'kay... my exercise goals are going to seem infinitismal to you guys. Normally I do try a lot more, but I'm limited by a sprained ankle for the next month or so. I'll slowly try more and more but I think I can't be too careful. =)

Melodie (melliebee)- Strength train 2 days a week, Ab routine 2 days a week, Cardio 3 days a week. Not go over my 1300 calories a day. I MUST fit into my bridesmaid dress for next summer.. I am ordering a size 6 (I am an 8) so I have to fit into it by then :)

Ophelia: Pilates Abs workout & arms work out 7 times a week. Finish ski team diet, then stick to 1,300 calorie diet each day.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Can I join??? Im 153 5'4" amd would love to be at least 145. Maybe loose more but that is my goal weight for now.
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wierd thing for me is, i feel pretty good but the scale and my doctors are telling me otherwise. gonna keep on going. :)
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 5'7" started at 188..down to 158. Goal 145-148. So 10ish lbs left. I think that constitutes a little left :-)

Nice to meet you all!!:flowerforyou:

M'kay... my exercise goals are going to seem infinitismal to you guys. Normally I do try a lot more, but I'm limited by a sprained ankle for the next month or so. I'll slowly try more and more but I think I can't be too careful. =)

Ophelia: Pilates Abs workout & arms work out 7 times a week. Finish ski team diet, then stick to 1,300 calorie diet each day.

Shannon (Shash26)- Add strength training at least twice a week to my current 6 day a week cardio schedule. Find NEW cardio exercises to vary up my routine. Not go over my 1200 cals and focus on trying to get to at least 1100 (I've been bad about being under). Be at least half way through my last 10 lbs by December 27 when my boyfriend and I leave for Cozumel :-)
  • amysambora
    Options
    To all the new girls who have signed up - nice to meet you all! Great to see we're all here for the same reason and can support & motivate each other!

amysambora - Stay just below my 1200 calorie limit each day. Cardio 3x week. Strength training 3x week. See that magic 60kg mark again for the first time since I was 16!
  • kmorneault11
    Options
    Want to make a big shout out to all those lovely 5'4" ladies out there!!!!

I am currently 123 and 5'4", looking to get down to around 112 lbs. I got there after losing the Freshman 15 (and then ab 30 more...) and gained some back last year.

Unhappy that I gained weight from out of control binges... don't think I have BED but maybe a mild form of it... anyone else going through the same??

amysambora - Stay just below my 1200 calorie limit each day. Cardio 3x week. Strength training 3x week. See that magic 60kg mark again for the first time since I was 16!

kmorneault11- Stay within 1200 calorie limit, cardio 4-5x a week, no binging. none.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group if I could! It's nice to see a group of girls with a lot of the same struggles in common!

A little about me: My name is Jessica, and I am a mom to five kids. Three are mine biologically, and two are my step children through marriage. They range in age from 15 months up to 11 years. I started MFP last January, so I am coming up on one year here. In that time I have lost 73 pounds. My SW was 211, and my CW is about 138. (though I am actually up a few pounds as of my post Thanksgiving weigh in, I have not updated my ticker-grrr). My original GW was 140, and I am 5'7". I am happy to have reached, and passed that goal, but I don't think I am quite where I wanted to be, so I am contemplating making a new goal of 130, though I fear losing muscle mass if I try for that. But my thighs and legs really are still so thick, even though my upper body is thin.

I am hoping that joining this group will help to keep me accountable. I have been maintaining for a couple months now, and I am finding myself in cycles of self sabotage that really affect my mood and workout ethic. Not having clearly defined goals is making it easy for me to not be dedicated. Especially since I passed my goal. And lest we fool ourselves, maintenance is just as hard (if not harder) than weight loss.

Shannon (Shash26)- Add strength training at least twice a week to my current 6 day a week cardio schedule. Find NEW cardio exercises to vary up my routine. Not go over my 1200 cals and focus on trying to get to at least 1100 (I've been bad about being under). Be at least half way through my last 10 lbs by December 27 when my boyfriend and I leave for Cozumel :-)

Jessica (tattoodfreek)- stick to a minimum of 5 workouts a week, and incorporate more strength training. Also try to run at least once a week. The cold is keeping me indoors, and running is what brings on big changes for me personally. And to STOP my junk food binges!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sorry Kmorneault, I guess we were both cross posting. Funny, looks like we both have that binge thing going on. Weird? Or DEStiny... LOL

Updating the list so I don't bump you out.

kmorneault11- Stay within 1200 calorie limit, cardio 4-5x a week, no binging. none.

Jessica (tattoodfreek)- stick to a minimum of 5 workouts a week, and incorporate more strength training. Also try to run at least once a week. The cold is keeping me indoors, and running is what brings on big changes for me personally. And to STOP my junk food binges!
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    5'2, 107 lbs, want to get to 102, feel free to add me! I'm skinny everywhere but my belly is still there, slowly shrinking though! those last pounds are all in my belly I know it, lmao!
  • badrianne
    Options
    I'm still in this category...5'7 and 142lbs. I would love to reach 125. However, I really want to have a toned and fit body so I know that the scale may read a little heavier in the end.

Having a smaller amount of weight to lose, just seems to take so long...as wierd as that sounds!

I really need to up my fitness, I think that will make the difference.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea to post your own goals, hope that i've not missed anyone's goals - trying to do this on a laptop without a mouse!

Sarah(loxleys) - run 5 times per week (30-40 mins) and continue with 30 days shred every morning for strength(til my 6 week 6 pack dvd arrives). Try to eat only half exercise cals. And to enjoy christmas but not go OTT
  • sophandra
    sophandra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had to think a while for what I wanted my goals to be, but I think I've come up with something doable for me.

Sarah(loxleys) - run 5 times per week (30-40 mins) and continue with 30 days shred every morning for strength(til my 6 week 6 pack dvd arrives). Try to eat only half exercise cals. And to enjoy christmas but not go OTT

Sophie-- running 3-4 times a week and increase the length by 10 minutes, staying under my calorie limit, and adding and sticking to my strength routine
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    well im 5ft 10 and just weighed myself n im 156 pounds , a few weeks ago i got down to 143
    cant believe ive put on a whole stone grrrr too many takeaways and not enough exercise!!!

my goal is to try get down to 140.
    i look slimmer than i am 'cos im tall......size 10 jeans r getting tight again grrrrrrrrrr
  • Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Sophie-- running 3-4 times a week and increase the length by 10 minutes, staying under my calorie limit, and adding and sticking to my strength routine

ssminey79-workout 5-6 days a week (variety of classes, cardio and weight training). My goal calories are about 1470, but ultimately I just want to be under 140 again, which is only like 3 lbs. However, if I can get to 135 and maintain, then I will be very happy!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Can I play too??? :tongue:

ssminey79-workout 5-6 days a week (variety of classes, cardio and weight training). My goal calories are about 1470, but ultimately I just want to be under 140 again, which is only like 3 lbs. However, if I can get to 135 and maintain, then I will be very happy!

Georgiana (gtrigg) - Do Turbo Jam at least 3 days a week, keep my calories under goal, keep my sodium under control, finish out DJackson230's Challenge strong, and JUST SAY NO TO PEOPLE AT WORK :laugh:
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I am 5'7" and started before I even joined MFP I knew I wasn't happy with myself and decided to make a change. I started out at 136lbs and am now completely happy I weigh 119-121 and am still in the healthy BMI range; also currently mainting this weight very successfully. I started early october all due to a high fiber diet due to digestive issues! :) I am happy to find there are other people like me and I just get called "crazy" all the time, good to know I'm sane.
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    I'm definitely in on this category!

I started at 147 b/c in my mind, 150 was NOT gonna happen. I couldn't let it. So here I am, 138.8 right now and my goal weight is 120. I'd honestly settle for 125!

Early in 2008, I weighed maybe 115 at MOST and pretty much ballooned to 147 within 2 years. Jumped up 3 pant sizes. I was so disgusted with myself.