not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I posted on the original thread an intro, but I'll do it again here.

I'm 5'5" and weigh 142. My goal is 128, but would like to be 125. I was 128 when I got married and now after 2 kids with working and a husband who likes good food, it is difficult to drop those last 14 pounds.

Honestly, I think it is hard b/c I *am* in the "healthy" range and so when I want something bad for me, I rationalize it by saying "Oh, you aren't 'overweight' anyways, so it won't hurt you." I fall into that trap all the time. I too am plannign on kicking it into full gear come January. I know I should jump on it now, instead though.

I am 5'4" and around 142. I was 120 on my wedding day and think I looked a little too skinny :huh: I was most happy aound 130 and comfortable enough around 138. So I am trying to recommit and see where it takes me.

I need you ladies to help me since when I first started I lost quite steady and it was so rewarding. Hard to believe when I started to lose after my last daughter I was 170lbs. Seems like so long ago when it was 8 months ago.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I want... a doughtnut.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    I want... a doughtnut.

I just had a toblerone piece :( it is hard in my office to stay away from treats!! Especially because the lady I share a cubicle with has a beautiful crystal jar full of YUMMY chocolates!!
  • krystonite
    Options
    I want... a doughtnut.

I just had a toblerone piece :( it is hard in my office to stay away from treats!! Especially because the lady I share a cubicle with has a beautiful crystal jar full of YUMMY chocolates!!

haha oh god, that makes two of us. everyone in my office is a quintessential southern woman, so everyday it's a brand new baked treat from heaven. the amount of cookies and cakes and pies around here is like an epidemic.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise too! It was a real struggle for me to do Gateway to 8k, anything over 30mins/day is just hard. There isn't any exercise I like to do, but I liked challenging myself to be a runner. I don't think running is great for weight loss, though, so I think I need to try something new. So I want your advice, from those who are doing these what is the cost, time commitment and basics of the following and what kind of results have you seen:
    P90X
    Insanity
    Interval-training/HIIT/Tabata

I did 30 Day shred for 30 days straight and I got stronger but did not see much weight loss or toning to my mid-section even with calorie-restriction.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X. Most of the workouts are at least 45 minutes, some are an hour plus a 20 minute abs workout. For me at least it is really intense, but I like it. However I like working out and the feeling I get when pushing myself to my limit. I don't know how much it costs cause my fiance bought but he can't keep up.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I was bad bad bad this weekend, and though I vowed to do better today, it's not going so well. I just ate a bunch of ice cream standing in front of the fridge. It used to be peanut butter ripple, but since I ate all of the peanut butter parts out of it yesterday, I was essentially left with vanilla. Now I am trying to kick my butt into gear to get motivated enough to exercise.
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone. I def fall into this group. I am 5'8", 155 pounds and low 20's% BF. I have 5-10 vanity pound I would love to lose, but it is just so hard. I think to lose them I will have to become even more of a crazy fitness and food freak...more than I really am. I did however, find some of my photos today that I have taken and the scale hasn't fallen much in the last year, but I can see results. The picture is on my profile.

For my 2 cents on P90X, Insanity and those types of workouts...I love them, but I have the attention span of a 3 year old and can't follow a program all the way through. As a one time Beachbody Coach, I own a lot of programs (P90X, Turbo Jam, Insanity, Slim in 6, Rev Abs, Turbo Fire, Hip Hop Abs, etc). I just do my own thing and whatever I feel that day. I also love to run and find that Insanity is the closest thing to running. It isn't dancy like the others. Rev Abs is also a good program that isn't too dance based. If you love to shake your booty, either Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire are fun and are very challenging.

As I type I am waiting for the UPS man to deliver my BodyBugg. I am really hoping this will give me just a little more of the information to help lose those last few pounds. Super excited.
  • amysj303
    Options
    oh, another article on msn:
    http://fitbie.msn.com/weight-loss-basics/tips/6-happiest-ways-beat-belly-fat/tip/0
    since I drink regularly and always get plenty of sleep, I guess I should try HIIT. I do yogurt and mostly whole grains too...
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I took the weekend off from exercising, but still stayed within my calories even tho I might not have been making the healthiest choices. I am motivated to get back into it tonight though! I just wish I could see some progress!! The waiting is killing me! Why does this have to be such a looonnngggg ssssllllooooowwwww process!!??
  • badrianne
    Options
    OK all, today is the day that I start over. I have a serious weakness for sweets and going over calories at the end of the day...usually because of sweets.

So today I did No More Trouble Zones and am going to stay well within my calories. I would love to hit 139-ish by the end of December.

What kind of loss do you ladies normally see? I want to lose between a 1-1.5lbs a week, but I don't know if that is reasonable seeing as though we are respectively smaller.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Kicked my own butt into gear and did a double workout today. AAAAAaaaaalllll riiiiiiiight.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    Kicked my own butt into gear and did a double workout today. AAAAAaaaaalllll riiiiiiiight.

good job!!! :happy:
  • kappy2010
    Options
    I have 26lbs to lose, can I be part of this thread???
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Yay...I fit in too!! I'm 5'5" and currently 146 lbs. I want to get down to 140 lbs maybe less. I don't really have any tips that you all haven't figured out here. It's all calories in and calories out to me! Good luck to all and may we see our goals shortly!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options

Can I borrow the other one :wink:
  • krystonite
    Options
    Starting that Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred tonight... I'm scared lol
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    good luck with the Jillian Michaels. I've heard lots of good things about it.

Pretty sore today!! Worked out with the trainer last night so I usually feel pretty sore after a good strengthening workout! I'm headed to the gym tonight for cardio.

what is everyone elses plans for exercise today??
  • amysj303
    Options
    be afraid, be very afraid-j/k, don't be scared of the 30DS, it's only 25 minutes so it can't hurt you too badly:tongue:
    I did the 30DS last night, not sure I will do it tonight, I need to pack and get dinner with DH, I go to DC tomorrow, come home Friday and go to Vail. I don't think my hotel has a gym so I just go through the routine of the 30DS in my hotel room.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    good luck with the Jillian Michaels. I've heard lots of good things about it.

Pretty sore today!! Worked out with the trainer last night so I usually feel pretty sore after a good strengthening workout! I'm headed to the gym tonight for cardio.

what is everyone elses plans for exercise today??

I did strength last night too, so it is cardio on the treadmill tonight for me!