not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• hermajst
    Options
    !!! I love this i so belong here currently i'm 130 my goal is to be at 108-105.
    I was 115 before i realized how big i got. but i'm also 5'1 so the more i gain the shorter and rounder i look
    I'm really active but after i stoped waitressing and started a desk job my weight just went upupupup
    Now all my clothes feel awkard on me and i'm uncomfortable in my own skin.
    I've been use to going for runs outside but since its been getting colder and starting to snow in NY its hard to run outside
    is there ways i can get that same workout inside?

I'm so excitiedd to start and whipp myself back into shape and be better than before
    Superrexcitied because i had no idea so many people here actually support each other!!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    yes, yes & yes! i'm in on this thread. :wink:

i'm 5'4" and 140. i'm curvy and would love to be more lean and strong, but keep my curves.

definitely need support from other ladies on here. i've been getting very frustrated lately as i'm solely depending
    on my clothes fitting and not relying on the scale. :noway: even though i'd like the scale to go down under 140 :happy:

great to be here!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    I'm in too! At 5'8 I'm 144.6 right now and I'd love to get back down to 135. That's the weight I was at for the past few years until I started a desk job. I know I'm not technically overweight at all, but it's hard when you gain after being a pretty consistent weight for years. None of my clothes fit right, so I hate getting dressed every morning. I also find that I dress to cover myself up rather than to show certain features off.

I can diet hardcore and lose the weight but I can never keep it off because my extreme dieting antics are simply not sustainable :( I just joined MFP a week ago and am pretty pumped about adopting a healthier lifestyle.

On a different note, how do I "join" this group/thread, as some other posters mentioned? Do I simply comment to be added?

you join by simply posting on here and joining in on the chats! we are just a group of girls like you that want some support and tips :happy:

WELCOME to all the newcomers!!!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    what's on everyone's workout schedule this week? I did an hour of elliptical yesterday, doing strength with my trainer tonight and I think thursday so I will hit up cardio again on friday, Saturday.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30ds every morning - 3 times per week I run home (3.5 miles) and the weekend I'm planning on doing a 6 mile run ( I have a 10k hill race at the end of January so I need to practise lots of running up hills - all shapes and sizes) although it depends if it snows again!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I always walk an hour (broken up into 2, 15-minutes and 1 30-minute) everyday at work, but it's been BITTER outside, so I haven't been getting my walking in like I'd like. So the only exercise I'm doing currently is the 30DS.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well I am at 149 and am 5'6"...my dream is 125, but I would settle for hovering around 130. I run often and weekend I do a 8-10 miles long run. I need to do more strength training...I hope to make it to the class tonight at 630, but have to go home first and soemtimes I never make it out again. Wish me luck :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    good luck! I didn't feel good yesterday so I didn't work out, I am trying to manage calories this week and forego the exercise. check back with me in January-I ordered a food delivery service and I am going to get serious about the exercise then, but it is too hard in December-sorry MFPs!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    what's on everyone's workout schedule this week? I did an hour of elliptical yesterday, doing strength with my trainer tonight and I think thursday so I will hit up cardio again on friday, Saturday.

I did arms/back last night
    legs/abs tonight; cardio on the treadmill
    Weds. rest
    Thurs arms/back; swim laps
    Fri. rest (daughter's birthday party at my house)
    Sat & Sun.....not sure yet
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Well I am at 149 and am 5'6"...my dream is 125, but I would settle for hovering around 130. I run often and weekend I do a 8-10 miles long run. I need to do more strength training...I hope to make it to the class tonight at 630, but have to go home first and soemtimes I never make it out again. Wish me luck :)

If I go home between work and gym there is about a 75% chance I'm not going to make it! I have found packing a bag and going straight after work is the best way to make sure I go. Not only does it alleviate any distraction I could find at home but once I have my stuff pack I feel really guilty if I don't go!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    good luck! I didn't feel good yesterday so I didn't work out, I am trying to manage calories this week and forego the exercise. check back with me in January-I ordered a food delivery service and I am going to get serious about the exercise then, but it is too hard in December-sorry MFPs!

what type of food did you order?
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    I always walk an hour (broken up into 2, 15-minutes and 1 30-minute) everyday at work, but it's been BITTER outside, so I haven't been getting my walking in like I'd like. So the only exercise I'm doing currently is the 30DS.

do you just go outside for your 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch break??? do you power walk?
    another indoor option would be to do stairs for that time if you have a few flights of stairs at your work.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options

If I go home between work and gym there is about a 75% chance I'm not going to make it! I have found packing a bag and going straight after work is the best way to make sure I go. Not only does it alleviate any distraction I could find at home but once I have my stuff pack I feel really guilty if I don't go!

Yes, I just forgot to pack shoes, I usually hit the gym at lunch time...so I had to find an alternate class :(
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I ordered "Healthy Chef express" it is a local thing, not a chain, but it supposed to be balanced nutrition, it says, "The meals provided are a combination of 40% good carbohydrates, from fresh fruits and vegetables, 30% protein from lean meat, fish, cheese, and other healthy proteins and 30% favorable fats such as sesame oil, avocados, and omega-3s. A full meal set includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, which provides 1200 - 1600 calories for women and 1,600 - 2,000 calories for men."
    I will do the meals for women, but I will give DH the dinner to eat for lunch and then we will have to plan healthy evening meals-he has to get into a "swimsuit" in February too!
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    SO proud of myself for hitting the gym tonight!! I had to go at 10:15 and didn't get done until after 11:00 but it literally was the only chance I had today.

I've got to stop making excuses and make it happen. Anyone else ever go this late? I certainly don't want to make it a habit, but I figured late was better than never. I'm just worried I won't sleep :(
  • Drealicious
    Options
    This is my category i think...I started at 162, now i am at 154, and my goal weight is 130. THis sight has definatly helped me so far!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Awww snap, jeans that I used to have to stretch the bonjangles out of now slip on effortlessly. Schwing!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Awww snap, jeans that I used to have to stretch the bonjangles out of now slip on effortlessly. Schwing!

Hahaha! This is awesome...congrats! Can't wait until I can get back in my "skinny jeans" :happy:
  • LivingFitNC
    LivingFitNC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like this thread! I'm going from 166 to goal weight of 145 hopefully by March!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Monday - Cardio 50min, treadmil/cycle/stair master
    Tuesday - bootcamp (strength training and some cardio)
    Wed - Cardio 50min again
    Thurs - Bootcamp again
    Fri - rest ( I may do a little cardio in my neighborhood)
    Sat - bootcamp again
    Sun - rest

This is the last week of bootcamp ....sigh ..... so now I have to figure out how to keep up with the strength training that we have been doing because the trainer is great!