not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    Holidays make it SO hard to stick to your diet!! i went to a work party last night and there were trays full of cookies and a bunch of liquor :( i had some roasted chicken and then some celery and kept it to one drink though, which i was very happy with.

now tonight is a friend's bday celebration.....trying to stay on track!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Holidays make it SO hard to stick to your diet!! i went to a work party last night and there were trays full of cookies and a bunch of liquor :( i had some roasted chicken and then some celery and kept it to one drink though, which i was very happy with.

Good for you!!! We had a Mexican themed Christmas party so I did not do as well as you did!!
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    Weighed in today!!! Lost 0.8 pounds! Yay!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have not done measurements, maybe I will.
    congrats mccrawley and Alexandria!
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Good for you!!! We had a Mexican themed Christmas party so I did not do as well as you did!!

Wow! that is some dediction. I went to an office party Wednesday and lost my mind! Yep, OPEN BAR. That's all I have to say.
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm new :) Mind if I join?

I'm 98 pounds trying to firm and tone. My "goal" is loosely set at 95, but I really don't care as long as I tone up. Having two kids and being on bedrest for the entire pregnancy of my now 7 monther has really taken a toll on my muscles!!

What do you guys do when you're snowed in, with two kids, to get in your exercise goal of the day? This is the part I'm really struggling with, getting my butt up and moving, I'm typically sedentary!

Looking forward to get to know all of you,
    Courtney :)

(oh, and my pic is not of me, just of my thinspiration. I tend to carry weight in my thighs, I'd love long lean thighs like hers :) )
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I was on the last thread as well :) I haven't used a scale in monthhhhhss but I do keep measurements. I'm trying to stick to a 1200 cal diet but on days that I burn well over 500cals in exercise I eat more like 1400... well I try :). I'm 5'2" and have a muscular build which I am learning to love. I don't really want to be waif-ish anymore but rather thin and TONEEED :) think more ripped abs than runway model :). My plan is to weigh myself when I feel good and see what my happy weight is because I tend to weigh more at a smaller size than most girls. Muscle and a larger bone frame maybe?

So I am 5'2"
    waist- 26"
    thigh- 20"
    rib cage- 28.75"

I would like to be
    w-25"
    t-19"
    rib cage-28"

My hips aren't really a concern for me because I don't carry weight in my lower stomach area...

I've sort of been struggling with things like candy in my office due to the holidays but I vowed to stay on track today ... so I will :) Good luck everyone... I know that we have it rough trying to lose weight when we are healthy and active already but stick to your guns and be healthy.

I have binged, and I have starved myself and the results aren't worth it. I feel stronger now and prettier than I ever did when I was unhealthy.
    <3
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    ok everyone I posted yesterday I was nervous and now I am posting the stats...

Arms down 0.25 inch each
    Chest down 0.25 inch
    Belly down 1.25 inch (woohoo)
    Love handles down 1.5 (heck yes!!)
    Hips down 1 inch
    Thigh down 0.75 inch each!

Pretty happy with my results. My belly area I think is actually a bit more, lots of stress this week and TOM bloating so I can actually say...I'm proud of myself :)

Does anyone else do measurements along with weighing themselves??

Great Job!! I have been taking measurements and I find that seeing these small changes every couple of weeks keep me more motivated than the scale. Typically, I don't ever see a change on the scale even though I bust my butt every day to stay on track and exercise. :grumble:
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    @cflorkie how tall are you? 95 lbs is REALLY tiny! plus, that photo of your "thinspiration" shows a girl looking borderline malnourished.

please don't think i'm trying to jump down your throat...just asking :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me, too. I am 5'6", currently 128-130. Would like to be in the 118-125 range. I am successfully toning and have lost a half inch each @ waist and hips, but having a hard time getting the scale to budge, despite being very active and working out. I know most people say I am just fine where I am, healthy, but I like myself a little more slender, a little less curvy.

Lucy

No offense - I'm not a mean person but I have a tendency to say what's on my mind - but if your picture is recent - you look gaunt - undernourished almost. If you drop another 10 pounds you won't look slender - you'll look like skin and bones.
  • evelazquez78
    evelazquez78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I think this may be the thread for me! I am 5'3", weigh 132, and just had my 2nd baby 3 months ago. I gained 48 lbs and am trying to shed the last 8 or so to feel comfortable and be back in my clothes! I'd love to keep going and get below 120 once I reach my first goal. Trying to fit in the workouts is tough -- I basically run and do some of the old Firm workouts. I am usually a good girl when it comes to food, it's just trying to find the motivation to exercise that is my biggest challenge.
    Happy Holiday, all!
    ~Erin
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    hi, I'm new :) Mind if I join?

I'm 98 pounds trying to firm and tone. My "goal" is loosely set at 95, but I really don't care as long as I tone up. Having two kids and being on bedrest for the entire pregnancy of my now 7 monther has really taken a toll on my muscles!!

What do you guys do when you're snowed in, with two kids, to get in your exercise goal of the day? This is the part I'm really struggling with, getting my butt up and moving, I'm typically sedentary!

Looking forward to get to know all of you,
    Courtney :)

(oh, and my pic is not of me, just of my thinspiration. I tend to carry weight in my thighs, I'd love long lean thighs like hers :) )

I'm sorry but you couldn't pay me to look like that fashion model. Those aren't lean thighs - those are sticks.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    Ok. I'm 5'2" and 130. Sure 120 might be nice but I'm not going to push it. It seems to me that most the people in this thread are at very healthy weights and want to become anorexic. Why would anyone want to be underweight? It's unhealthy. Those numbers on the scale don't mean a damn thing at our size. Having low body fat can do damage to our systems and organs - just like too much fat can do damage.

I'm here because I needed to learn to eat healthy and I wanted to get fit and toned. I do not want to be gaunt and anorexic.
  • aguieb
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'2 and gained 25 pounds after marriage and giving birth to my wonderful son. I have lost 12 pounds so far after joing MyFitness Pal 6 weeks ago. I just want to go back to my original size and healthy for my family.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just the place for me! I'm 5'2" and started at 150. My goal is to lose about 45 lbs. That's a lot of weight, but I'd like to think 150 wasn't "that heavy."

I am currently 130! I want to lose about 25 more lbs by May 7, 2011, which is my 24th birthday and my grad school graduation!
  • evelazquez78
    evelazquez78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds just like me, aguieb! You go girl! It's all about being healthy for our kids, our families and ourselves!:smile:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just because I seemed to get a little peeved by it....I thought I'd share my thoughts on one thing.

It is really annoying to see all these tall women 5'5" and up only weighing 135 to begin with wanting to get down to like 120! UGHHHHHHHHH I get soooo pissed that I'm so short!!!!!!!!!! WHY AM I SHORTTTTTTTTTTT I honestly can gain 3 lbs and my pants don't fit anymore because I'm so FREAKING SMALL and 3 lbs is A LOT on a short person!
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP yesterday after deciding that my winter break is all about getting fit. I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 142. This summer I started out at 160lbs and by the start of school I was down to 135. My goal of keeping up with my workouts and toning at school didn't really happen, and I put back a few pounds. I'm RIGHT over a healthy BMI (141lb is the high-end for my height).

My goal is to spend my 3 week break getting into a routine. I don't so much worry about what I do specifically at the gym, just that I get up and go. I'm trying to watch my calorie intake, but to me it's more about limiting the sweets (my sorority house does NOT help that during the school year) and eating healthy. I've cut back pop a ton, but I'm hoping to almost eliminate it.

I hope to be under 140 by the time school starts back (I started break at 143), and my initial goal is 130. Four years ago I was 115 and I loved how I looked, I'd like to get to around 120-125, but toned. I'd rather have a toned stomach, butt, and thighs.
  • bigchick
    Options
    woo tall girl! lol I am:
    Height: 5'9.5"
    SW: 175lbs
    CW: 155lbs
    GW: 140-145lbs

Very active, workout 6 times a week, do power flow hot yoga 5 times a week, play ice hockey, and run 4-5 times a week, On average I burn about 600 calories a day and eat about 1300.. the lbs seemed to have stopped coming off though:( very discoraging but I think I will just stick to this regime because it worked for me before so I hope it keeps going....
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Ok. I'm 5'2" and 130. Sure 120 might be nice but I'm not going to push it. It seems to me that most the people in this thread are at very healthy weights and want to become anorexic. Why would anyone want to be underweight? It's unhealthy. Those numbers on the scale don't mean a damn thing at our size. Having low body fat can do damage to our systems and organs - just like too much fat can do damage.

I'm here because I needed to learn to eat healthy and I wanted to get fit and toned. I do not want to be gaunt and anorexic.

I don't think that anyone here on this thread is wanting to be underweight, just more toned. A woman has to be less than 14% body fat to be at unsafe and unhealthy levels. :flowerforyou: