not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of us have mentioned just wanting to tone. I found these workouts while looking through exerciseTV. Not sure if you've heard of them before. They're called "Quickie in Bed" for your abs, boobs, and butt! Not only is it a fun name, but the exercises are fun too, and you don't have to leave your bed! (They suggest your bed because it's an uneven surface that helps make it harder.)

http://www.exercisetv.tv/blog/post/2010/09/23/Boobs-Abs-*kitten*-Quickie-Workout-in-Bed-with-Laurel-House.aspx
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I know a lot of us have mentioned just wanting to tone. I found these workouts while looking through exerciseTV. Not sure if you've heard of them before. They're called "Quickie in Bed" for your abs, boobs, and butt! Not only is it a fun name, but the exercises are fun too, and you don't have to leave your bed! (They suggest your bed because it's an uneven surface that helps make it harder.)

http://www.exercisetv.tv/blog/post/2010/09/23/Boobs-Abs-*kitten*-Quickie-Workout-in-Bed-with-Laurel-House.aspx

I like Exercise TV! Haven't come across this one though :) It sounds perfect for me - I get workout ADD after about 10 minutes, and I have zero equipment. Will be trying this!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I would say most of us here are at healthy weights but want to be in the low range of our healthy weight. That being said, our group does occasionally attract those with eating disorders and dysmorphic disorders. It can be difficult to sort out who is who. There is a thin line between wanting to be "just a little thinner" and developing an ED. I think it's good for us all to check ourselves when people come on and question us. It's easy for us to accept ball comers, but i do agree we shouldn't be supporting people crossing into an unhealthy weight range.

I have been taking a little break but need to slow down on the carbs/sugar, they are killing me! Since it is TOM things should get easier soon
  • cutmd
    Options
    Whoops, double post! I am doing turbo fire and elliptical weight training, considering chalene extreme. Anyone try it?
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I am getting the exercise down pretty well, it is my eating... :( I mean I ran Saturday 10 miles, did a boot camp class Sunday, spin class today (by the way, MFP said only 397 for an hour, seems so little), anyway, I can not seem to get the mad cow eating under control. I really am just working out to eat badly :( I am holding at 150 and want to get to 125-130.

Anyone else have the mad cow disease, especially at night, and what have you done that helps.

Thanks.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    welcome, newbies, and welcome back, cutmd, I agree there is a fine line sometimes, this group was started to support people who were close, or at goal weight because other members might roll their eyes.
    I have not heard of Chalean extreme!
    I did almost no exercise last week, I jogged for 20 minutes around the lake on Saturday, ate at holiday parties almost every night last week, only monday and tuesday I didn't drink alcohol and was back at goal weight this morning.
    mafery, exercise makes me hungry, so I know what you mean! Try to plan your meals so you get a good balance of fuel and fiber for your workouts and then plan your treats so you know it all works into the calorie-goals. I think it is ok to work a little extra and have pizza if that is what you want.
    quickie in bed exercises sound like fun!
  • amysj303
    Options
    oh, speaking of eating disorders, I saw Black Swan this weekend, crazy...
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    oh, speaking of eating disorders, I saw Black Swan this weekend, crazy...

what is that? a movie?
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yes, it's a movie about crazy ballerinas. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis weigh about 98 pounds each. They look bony.
  • cutmd
    Options
    Hey asjerven, by the way, there was an automatic continuation of the original thread that I've been posting in, so you actually started a second one....
  • amysj303
    Options
    oh yeah? I don't know how to create a continuation!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    oh yeah? I don't know how to create a continuation!

Once a thread hits 500 posts, it automatically locks and rolls into a new thread. After the last post, there will be a link to the new thread.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    question girls : What ratio of carbs, fats, and protein do you eat? Do you just follow what MFP defaults to?
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    Currently on a 1200 calorie diet eating 5-6 meals a day. High protein- low carb.
    -75 carbs
    -40 fat
    -135 protein
    Once a week I'll alternate >more healthy carbs (keeps your metabolism on the right track !)
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm currently 130-ish, and would like to lose 10-15 lb. There are areas that I definitely want to improve on. It's just keeping up with consistent working out, and eating healthy that I'm having problems with!

L.
  • SaraAnne
    Options
    WOW there's a lot of us haha. Good luck to everyone! I'm with you, 5'6 at 150. WOuld love to be 145 and just muscle, but it's been hard to stay below 150 for now. Can we make this a group somehow?
  • amysj303
    Options
    question girls : What ratio of carbs, fats, and protein do you eat? Do you just follow what MFP defaults to?

I have been taking it slow, changing my habits so that I eat better and exercise more but while I can keep calories near 1200, I have not been able to get my eating anywhere close to the desirable levels for protein/carbs/fat. In the new year I am going to start with delivered meals for a week, they are 40% good carbohydrates, from fresh fruits and vegetables, 30% protein from lean meat, fish, cheese, and other healthy proteins and 30% favorable fats such as sesame oil, avocados, and omega-3s.
    Then i will try to create my own meal plan and try to get something similar to mikyway--75 carbs
    -40 fat
    -135 protein
  • mafery
    Options
    WOW there's a lot of us haha. Good luck to everyone! I'm with you, 5'6 at 150. WOuld love to be 145 and just muscle, but it's been hard to stay below 150 for now. Can we make this a group somehow?

I am right there with you on the height and weight. I weigh 150 now (although started at 252) ...I was able to get to 142 and then things went screwy and here I am back at 150. I am striving though for 130, we will see. Good luck!
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I am right there with you on the height and weight. I weigh 150 now (although started at 252) ...I was able to get to 142 and then things went screwy and here I am back at 150. I am striving though for 130, we will see. Good luck!

I am also there with both of you! A year or so ago I was at 160, which at 5'5" was my heaviest. I was able to get down to 142, but then started working out more, and subsequently eating more and pushed up to 148. After letting myself get discouraged and working my way back up to 154 I joined MFP and am now at 151 after 2 weeks. However this is where I get stuck at, I seem to always hover either above or below the 150 mark. I would really love to get down to 140, even see a 1-3 infront would be nice!!
  • mafery
    Options

I am also there with both of you! A year or so ago I was at 160, which at 5'5" was my heaviest. I was able to get down to 142, but then started working out more, and subsequently eating more and pushed up to 148. After letting myself get discouraged and working my way back up to 154 I joined MFP and am now at 151 after 2 weeks. However this is where I get stuck at, I seem to always hover either above or below the 150 mark. I would really love to get down to 140, even see a 1-3 infront would be nice!!

I would settle for a solid 140 too! Right now i hover at 150-151..drats! So I have decided to start adding more strength training to see if that helps because I run lots so cardio is good...so we will see. I know it is the eating, I tend to snack later at night :( Good luck!!!!!