not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My holiday gatherings are "officially" over, at least the family ones. And i didn't do too bad. No loss over the past few days, but no gain!

Now to make it through the new years. My friends still have their usual holiday party, we're getting pizza which shouldn't be TOO bad. And then my friend's 21st, luckily I can't partake in the drinks! And then New Year's Eve. Wish me luck getting through these last few events before heading back to school where I can pay more attention to my food!
  • amysambora
    Options
    Hi girls, hope you've all had a great Christmas! My scale has gone up 3 pounds in the last week but I'm not stressing too much. The holidays have been great so far, I wouldn't say I splurged when it came to food but I certainly didn't restrict myself.

Back on the wagon today!
  • Bettebet
    Options
    Hi
    Great that I found this site...
    I too have 15 pounds of spare tire to lose...
    My goal is to do that by April 1, 2011!!
    Brooke:smile:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I had a really nice holiday, and my eating on Christmas Day was actually not that atrocious. My next scheduled weigh-in is the 3rd week of January. (My scales live with my parents 100mi away because I'm neurotic.) Having to fight a little bit of an elevated appetite (yes, my friend TOM is visiting later in the week), but I'm confident that I can keep on track enough to keep up my good progress. I'm trying to stick to sensible food choices and doing lots of cardio to combat the increase in calories in.

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday and weren't too terribly naughty! :flowerforyou:
  • mixmistress508
    Options
    This is so a topic for me. I'm 5'7" and 166 lbs. I'd like to get down to 150 to 145...that's a good range for me. I have curves and I love them so I don't want to lose them. Christmas was awesome. I indulged, but I don't feel I over indulged. But I'm back on the wagon. Worked out today...567 calories burned doing Core Syn on P90X...Woo Hoo! And no more sweets. We restarted our P90X program and it's day 1 down, 89 more to go!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did not exercise or count cals last week and I am still .5 pounds from goal weight so I was pleased with the Monday weigh-in. I hurt my big toe, though, so I am worried about losing the nail and wonder if I shouldn't take it easy? I wanted to try sprint intervals starting in January. I guess my choices are "look good in a bikini" or "look good with open toe shoes" :tongue:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Everytime I think I'm gonna get back on track there is another event, another visitor, another holiday food I hardly ever get to taste... It's been rough. I'm off now for two weeks so I'm trying to burn mega calories to make up for all of this and eat really healthy or fast on non-party days. Going to Jamaica in a week so I'm going to try extra hard to be good!

Best of luck to all of us and happy holidays!
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    Just went to Ann Taylor excited about hitting up their sales. The saleslady proceeded to suggest dresses and mentioned that by her best guess I was a size 12....except I'm a size 6 (size 4 in their clothes bc they run really large) really?! :(

I'm not saying at all that a size 12 is large, but it sucks when someone suggests you look several sizes larger than you really are. Nothing like that to make me want to eat healthy......
  • WeatherGurl1129
    WeatherGurl1129 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Been using myfitnesspal for awhile, but this is my first post on the boards. I'm not really sure I fit into this "not-that-heavy" category, but I've never felt that I was fat. I'm 5'2" and currently 158.5 lbs, and most of it is in my butt and hips. When I was at my most active, playing softball, working out 2 hours everyday, I was around 130 lb. So, I'd like to at least get in the healthy range for my weight, initial goal is 140 lb.

So I'm trying to lose 18.5 lbs by . . . whenever, really. I just want to make healthy lifestyle changes so that getting to that weight doesn't seam dramatic. But I've been at this weight for a year, and before that I was stuck at 150-151 for 2 years after gaining the freshman 15. I'm really hoping to get started with this in 2011.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Been using myfitnesspal for awhile, but this is my first post on the boards. I'm not really sure I fit into this "not-that-heavy" category, but I've never felt that I was fat. I'm 5'2" and currently 158.5 lbs, and most of it is in my butt and hips. When I was at my most active, playing softball, working out 2 hours everyday, I was around 130 lb. So, I'd like to at least get in the healthy range for my weight, initial goal is 140 lb.

So I'm trying to lose 18.5 lbs by . . . whenever, really. I just want to make healthy lifestyle changes so that getting to that weight doesn't seam dramatic. But I've been at this weight for a year, and before that I was stuck at 150-151 for 2 years after gaining the freshman 15. I'm really hoping to get started with this in 2011.

I'm the same height, and when I was at your weight, I wasn't incredibly large either. I'm kinda built the same way. I carry some in my chest and arms, hardly any in my waist/belly, and most of it in my butt, hips, and thighs. The fortunate thing about this type of build is the waist size. We're healthier at higher weights than apples are, and the weight tends to look a little better. I, too, am just trying to take it off slowly. Lately, it seems like it's falling off (doc recently upped my thyroid meds), but I'm not complaining! (Kinda excited about weighing next month!) The most important thing is to realize you're just NOT gonna pull those big numbers because you are already on the small side. That's perfectly ok. You will get there! :flowerforyou:
  • OneDayy
    Options
    5'4 at 130, I'd like to be around 110-115 and get seriously toned :)

We've got this in the bag! <3
  • themrsyoung
    Options
    Perfect thread for me! I'm 5'3" at 121, trying to get back to 110-113. :)

Ditto!
  • cain0077
    cain0077 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 133 pounds. I'm trying to get to 123 pounds and a couple of months ago I did get to 125, but the holidays came and I put back on the weight. Since I've had kids this 10 pounds that I want to lose is really hard to accomplish. I'm not fat, but I'm not toned either, just want to lose the muffin top and get healthy. Maybe even gain some muscle or get into my "before I had kids" jeans that have been sitting in my drawer for almost 5 years. :)
  • amysj303
    Options
    how's it going, everyone? I seem to be maintaining through the holidays, not working out at all, though.
  • amysj303
    Options
  • amysj303
    Options
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hello Girls,

I posted on the cutmd thread, but since this one pops up often, I'll put my plan here!

5'2" & 134-135lbs (depending on the day unfortunately), and I'd like to be 130. My frame structure is wide, so I don't want to go below 125, or someone in my family would admit me... since I've been told by them to not lose anymore lol. I find that when I go below 134, my stomach feels less bloated, so that's what I'm aiming for. Also, I want to tone my arms majorly.

To accomplish this, I have my goals set at 1200cals~105g carbs~40g fat~105g protein...but don't plan to reach the carb allowance since I'm trying the Paleo diet to kickstart some loss. Carbs are my enemy, this I know, and they are what have kept me at maintenance when I could've went down a few more!

Good luck :)
  • amysj303
    Options
    awesome progress, Bellinacuchina! I wonder if there is some way to combine the threads? I didn't realize when I thread locks there is a tiny little note that says it was continued!
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I'm 5'2" hovering right around 113, but I'd like to lose maybe another 5 or so pounds? I started at 140 and my initial goal was 120... then 115, now 110... has anyone ever experienced this issue of constantly re-setting your goals lower? I need a cut off! My frame is medium and I've always been pretty muscular, although I'd like to get more toned... I just have no motivation to go to the gym when it's FREEZING outside!! I don't know.... suggestions are welcome!

Oh and I'm so glad I found this thread, you all are wonderful... and we survived the holidays (mostly), so let's do this!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I am tired of being stuck, losing a pound and then gaining 2 if I eat some carbs. I am starting to think about doing what HiZara did and set my calories at 1200 but exercise more. I really wanna be 115!