not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Awww snap, jeans that I used to have to stretch the bonjangles out of now slip on effortlessly. Schwing!

WOOT! :bigsmile: That is one of my goals - to get into my favorite size 8's!!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    Awww snap, jeans that I used to have to stretch the bonjangles out of now slip on effortlessly. Schwing!

AWESOME!!!! :drinker: I would be celebrating that!!! I have 4 pairs of Guess jeans at home that I have never worn because I bought them on our trip to Vegas and put on 10 lbs right after we got back!! I really want to fit in to them!!!

GOOD JOB!!!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    I ordered "Healthy Chef express" it is a local thing, not a chain, but it supposed to be balanced nutrition, it says, "The meals provided are a combination of 40% good carbohydrates, from fresh fruits and vegetables, 30% protein from lean meat, fish, cheese, and other healthy proteins and 30% favorable fats such as sesame oil, avocados, and omega-3s. A full meal set includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, which provides 1200 - 1600 calories for women and 1,600 - 2,000 calories for men."
    I will do the meals for women, but I will give DH the dinner to eat for lunch and then we will have to plan healthy evening meals-he has to get into a "swimsuit" in February too!

sounds interesting. you'll have to keep us in the loop on how it goes. and what the foods are like :)
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    SO proud of myself for hitting the gym tonight!! I had to go at 10:15 and didn't get done until after 11:00 but it literally was the only chance I had today.

I've got to stop making excuses and make it happen. Anyone else ever go this late? I certainly don't want to make it a habit, but I figured late was better than never. I'm just worried I won't sleep :(

Way to go! I picked the lazy route and never made it last night...I have gone late before but very hard to motivate myself to get out that door. I have no problems falling asleep but that is just me.

Congrats on getting it done!!!!
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    fyi i fell asleep about 2 minutes after that post :) definitely no difficultly falling asleep!
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Congrats. I just got a killer pair of jeans for NYE but I am affraid to take the tags off. They just barely fit and if I get back to eating right and working out they will be just a bit too big. If I keep up with the slacking I have been doing they will still fit. They were too expensive to keep if they will not fit for too long. Hopefully the store will have a smaller size. My fiance picked them up for me. Or else I would have bought a smaller size for motivation. If it wasn't so dang cold here I would have already taken them back. Hopefully I can get to the store either Friday or this weekend.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    what's on everyone's workout schedule this week? I did an hour of elliptical yesterday, doing strength with my trainer tonight and I think thursday so I will hit up cardio again on friday, Saturday.

Mondays- 20 to 30 min elliptical before work, after work i go and ride my horse for an hour
    Tuesdays- I have a 1 hour riding lesson
    Wed- 20 to 30 min elliptical before work... 30 min after work as well
    Thurs- is my rest day
    Fri- elliptical in the morning and ride after work
    Sat and Sun- i do house work and ride.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    I'm a little nervous. I haven't lost much on the scale but I have been doing a lot of strength training with my trainer and tomorrow is the day....the day of measurements!!! I'm excited, nervous, scared! :frown: I don't know what I am. I really hope the inches show more info then the 2 lbs on the scale!!
    I'm also taking the next 2 weeks off with the trainer to concentrate on my cardio to drop some lbs. I find when I work out with trainer I do 2 nights a week and it's about 1.5 hours of just strength. so then I only get 2 days in of cardio a week. And until this past week I was only putting in 30-40 minutes or cardio twice a week. So really that's not a whole lot of cardio.
    So anyways I'm posting this on here so that hopefully it will keep me accountable if I share my measurements with you girls :)
    I do the measurements tomorrow night so I will post then!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    Great job with everybody's training schedule this week!! It makes me want to try harder to get out there and do more cardio and burn more calories!!!
    thanks ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mrsdragon9608
    Options
    Hi! I think I fit in here. I'm 5'3" and at my last doctor's visit about a week ago, I weighed in at 142 lbs. My goal is around 120. Would really like to be in shape when the warm weather rolls around again! I HATE exercise. (I know, I know...) So for now I'm concentrating on the food. Maybe when I don't feel like such a blob, I'll be motivated to move.
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    just went to the doctor yesterday and they said my cholesterol was high :( i'm not overweight though (144 at 5'8) and I eat very very healthy.....hardly any red meat, i hate fried foods, not a lot of sugar.....what gives?

the bad thing is that it seems that whenever my weight goes anywhere above 140 my cholesterol is high. it scares me for the future because i know that after kids and with age i probably won't ever be able to permanently stay in the 130's because i'm so tall

ugh. frustration
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Did not work out again yesterday...dang it! I went to our holiday party and of course drank way too much and made an absolute fool of myself. I don't drink often but when I do....I do.

My goal today is to make it to the gym...but to be honest, that is doubtful. I have a strength training class at lunch tomorrow and a long run saturday morning, other than those two confirmed work outs...I have nothing else planned.

Hope everyone has a great day :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had my marg, which made it easy to eat a whole bowl of chips with salsa! and tonight we have a potluck here at work (I brought salad) and then my husband's holiday party tonight.
    moe5474-my mom is not overweight, she is probably 5'2" and 120 lbs and she has nigh cholesteral, and she thought she could control it with diet but sometimes there is another component, the statin drugs might be necessary and some doctors take them preventatively because they do a lot of good so don't rule out taking the lipitor or whatever.
    I have not been to the gym this week. Maybe I will run on Saturday.
  • amberpaigee
    Options
    Can I join in? :flowerforyou: I'm 5"5-6 and 139lbs hoping to trim down to 133lbs, then possible 126lbs! Finding it a bit tricky especially with crimbo around the corner but oh well! :)

Amber :flowerforyou:
  • skyley
    skyley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome amber!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    haha. I had to look up Crimbo! Maybe I'll start using it!
    I read that our bodies also produce more leptin in wintertime so we hold onto fat stores-maybe to keep warm?! so even if you struggle in winter, know that those extra pounds might slip away in the spring.
    I can't wait til spring though, I got February break beach time!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    what is crimbo??
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    ok everyone I posted yesterday I was nervous and now I am posting the stats...

Arms down 0.25 inch each
    Chest down 0.25 inch
    Belly down 1.25 inch (woohoo)
    Love handles down 1.5 (heck yes!!)
    Hips down 1 inch
    Thigh down 0.75 inch each!

Pretty happy with my results. My belly area I think is actually a bit more, lots of stress this week and TOM bloating so I can actually say...I'm proud of myself :)

Does anyone else do measurements along with weighing themselves??
  • kpinney
    Options
    Hi

I am also 5'4 and weight currently 126 but want to get to 118. I am 42 and have slowly gained weight over the years. I am determined to get to my goal.
  • amysambora
    Options
    Amazing job mcrawley22!

I've never taken measurements but I wish I had done now. I think I've had more success in measurements than on the scale.

I'm thrilled with my latest achievement today which is fitting into AU size 10 jeans (US size 6) for the first time EVER!!! That's my first mini-goal achieved!!! *happy dance*