not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm 5'2" and 130. Sure 120 might be nice but I'm not going to push it. It seems to me that most the people in this thread are at very healthy weights and want to become anorexic. Why would anyone want to be underweight? It's unhealthy. Those numbers on the scale don't mean a damn thing at our size. Having low body fat can do damage to our systems and organs - just like too much fat can do damage.

I'm here because I needed to learn to eat healthy and I wanted to get fit and toned. I do not want to be gaunt and anorexic.

I don't think that anyone here on this thread is wanting to be underweight, just more toned. A woman has to be less than 14% body fat to be at unsafe and unhealthy levels. :flowerforyou:

I think she may have been referring to the girl that posted earlier about weight 98 lbs and wanting to the lose a few more. 98lbs it really, really especially at 5'4" like her profile says she is....
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm 5'2" and 130. Sure 120 might be nice but I'm not going to push it. It seems to me that most the people in this thread are at very healthy weights and want to become anorexic. Why would anyone want to be underweight? It's unhealthy. Those numbers on the scale don't mean a damn thing at our size. Having low body fat can do damage to our systems and organs - just like too much fat can do damage.

I'm here because I needed to learn to eat healthy and I wanted to get fit and toned. I do not want to be gaunt and anorexic.

I don't think that anyone here on this thread is wanting to be underweight, just more toned. A woman has to be less than 14% body fat to be at unsafe and unhealthy levels. :flowerforyou:

My target range is 101-136. I am a few lbs into my "normal" range, but I'd like to be toward the bottom at 105. I don't want to be unhealthy or push my weight to the limit, but I'd like to get to the low end of my range a. because I've never been there and b. because I would rather be 105 than 130 anyday! If I splurge during the holidays to 110 big deal, if I splurge to 135...woah!
  • skyley
    skyley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal of 105lbs!! but I'm going to add 2 more to get to 103 to give me a little more room and I still think I could loose a couple more but I'm happy with it I went from 145lbs in May to 105 now so that's 40lbs in like 7 months :) although the first 10 was really easy since it was baby lol
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options

I think she may have been referring to the girl that posted earlier about weight 98 lbs and wanting to the lose a few more. 98lbs it really, really especially at 5'4" like her profile says she is....

I agree about the 98 lb girl, but the comment above kind of lumped us all into that category. :glasses:
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    hi, I'm new :) Mind if I join?

I'm 98 pounds trying to firm and tone. My "goal" is loosely set at 95, but I really don't care as long as I tone up. Having two kids and being on bedrest for the entire pregnancy of my now 7 monther has really taken a toll on my muscles!!

What do you guys do when you're snowed in, with two kids, to get in your exercise goal of the day? This is the part I'm really struggling with, getting my butt up and moving, I'm typically sedentary!

Looking forward to get to know all of you,
    Courtney :)

(oh, and my pic is not of me, just of my thinspiration. I tend to carry weight in my thighs, I'd love long lean thighs like hers :) )

I'm sorry but you couldn't pay me to look like that fashion model. Those aren't lean thighs - those are sticks.

Most of the models now just look gross to me. Some of them look worse than the people starving in third world countries!! Why would anyone think that is beautiful??!!
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi All, well I made it to the gym for a body pump class yesterday and the instructor scared me. She was scary...that's all I will say. I woke up this morning feeling it all, but when for a 10 mile run at 7am. So now I want to eat eat eat...but trying to make a wise decision and not negate all the running I did this morning.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

mary
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Chickabittie
    Options

I'm thrilled with my latest achievement today which is fitting into AU size 10 jeans (US size 6) for the first time EVER!!! That's my first mini-goal achieved!!! *happy dance*

Congrats on fitting into your skinny jeans! You rock!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i followed the original thread and reading through again i can't decide if i belong 100% or not...right now i am 5'3.5" and weigh between 126-128 (started at 143 last january)...i would be happy if i could be between 122-125, but i don't feel that i need to...i am getting married in april and already my dress is too big and needs to be altered so my biggest focus is to tone up and not gain any winter/holiday weight! i enjoy working out but i really do like cookies and candy even more...opps :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

Is that 14% accurate? Because I was 112 and 21% body fat, at 14% body fat I would weigh 96 lbs, assuming I lost only fat,
    but I was hoping to get down to 19% body fat, which is athletic, not unhealthy. but I don't know what I would weigh since I might have muscle and not weigh any less, which is fine.
  • amysj303
    Options
    i followed the original thread and reading through again i can't decide if i belong 100% or not...right now i am 5'3.5" and weigh between 126-128 (started at 143 last january)...i would be happy if i could be between 122-125, but i don't feel that i need to...i am getting married in april and already my dress is too big and needs to be altered so my biggest focus is to tone up and not gain any winter/holiday weight! i enjoy working out but i really do like cookies and candy even more...opps :)
    I am maintaining too, and looking to tone up in the new year. feel free to join if you want!
  • Katherine912
    Katherine912 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm there, too!

I currently weight between 129-130 lbs and I'm 5'6. My goal weight is 125! Add me if you would like!
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym today (day 3 of my get-fit break) and did an awesome (yet exhausting) workout. I'm a subscriber to self magazine (although you can view all their online stuff w/o a subscription) and they currently have a "Lose 8lb in one month" competition with tips from Jillian Michael's. I decided to try out one of her cardio workouts and boy did it kick my butt! It's a 45 min cardio with intervals. You fast walk for 5 min then run for 2 alternating back and forth. Each walk cycle increases the incline and each run cycle increases the speed. I'm not a big runner, so the 2 min at 6mph was harsh, but I feel great for doing it after. I was also glad to convince one of my workout buddies to try it with me.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I went to the gym today (day 3 of my get-fit break) and did an awesome (yet exhausting) workout. I'm a subscriber to self magazine (although you can view all their online stuff w/o a subscription) and they currently have a "Lose 8lb in one month" competition with tips from Jillian Michael's. I decided to try out one of her cardio workouts and boy did it kick my butt! It's a 45 min cardio with intervals. You fast walk for 5 min then run for 2 alternating back and forth. Each walk cycle increases the incline and each run cycle increases the speed. I'm not a big runner, so the 2 min at 6mph was harsh, but I feel great for doing it after. I was also glad to convince one of my workout buddies to try it with me.
    I'd like to try this, is it just a treadmill you need?
  • aanner
    aanner Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm exactly the same as most of you guys! I'm an 18 year old 5'5 female , currently weighing around 128. I'm hoping to reach my ultimate goal weight of about 114-118 , but I would like to be at 123 by the time I go back to school on January 4th. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin for once in my life. I'm so glad I found MyFitnessPal, it seriously makes counting calories fun and inspiring. add me as a friend if you guys want, I'm new here so don't have any aha (: I wish everyone great luck with their diets, or lifestyle changes!! we can do it!

2612460.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Yup. She has one that is an elliptical and stair stepper and a few others as well. There's 5 total listed.
  • amysj303
    Options

Yup. She has one that is an elliptical and stair stepper and a few others as well. There's 5 total listed.

I went to Self.com but the workout they had was "no equipment shoes optional" with Jillian. Will you send me a link to the one you are doing? thanks!
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same as most of you guys! I'm an 18 year old 5'5 female , currently weighing around 128. I'm hoping to reach my ultimate goal weight of about 114-118 , but I would like to be at 123 by the time I go back to school on January 4th. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin for once in my life. I'm so glad I found MyFitnessPal, it seriously makes counting calories fun and inspiring. add me as a friend if you guys want, I'm new here so don't have any aha (: I wish everyone great luck with their diets, or lifestyle changes!! we can do it!

2612460.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

welcome to MFP
    Hopefully you can lose the few pounds with counting calories!
  • 09125x
    Options
    Hey :) I was 114 lbs last time i weighed myself (2 days ago).. but not sure now, not really ate well :\
    My goal is to be 105 lbs.. so i only want to lose 9 lbs in total. Any motivation, tips or anything would be greatly appreciated :D x