not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!!! I'm not sure if I commented on the other thread....but I'm glad I came across this one!! This is definitely where I belong. I'm 5'4 and currently weigh anout 121. I'm wanting to get to about 117. I know I'm not heavy, but on my frame any "extra" weight really makes me feel uncomfortable!! Good luck everyone!! I would love to get to know you all and see what all you are doing to lose the weight!!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred last night, walked on the treadmill, and did some leg lifts in the living room while I was watching the hockey game. ;p

I mentally feel skinnier, but I am afraid to get on the scale. Anyone else like this? I am scared that the little devil will not show a loss. :embarassed:

Oh my God, don't weigh yourself lol

I've done the 30DS for 3 days now and gained weight, and even though I know that other things are attributing to this (i.e. muscles retaining water in order to repair), it's still kind of like a slap in the face.

Everyone says to take measurements of yourself because when doing the 30DS the changes will reflect in inches, not in weight.
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    #1 - I got my heart rate monitor yesterday and had fun with it:) Can't wait to really use it today!

#2 - Insanity is in the mail on its way to me as I type.

#3 - Oh yeah, I lost 1.4 pounds over the past week!!!! Below 150! Heck yes!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    #1 - I got my heart rate monitor yesterday and had fun with it:) Can't wait to really use it today!

Congrats!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred last night, walked on the treadmill, and did some leg lifts in the living room while I was watching the hockey game. ;p

I mentally feel skinnier, but I am afraid to get on the scale. Anyone else like this? I am scared that the little devil will not show a loss. :embarassed:

I usually regret getting on the scale! Especially with the strength training I've been doing. I'm looking forward to measurements next week. Hopefully I'll see the difference there because I think I can feel it haha
  • mcrawley22
    Options

Great job!!! I'm looking forward to receiving my HRM in the mail!! I can hardly wait :)
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So I got on the scale for the first tiem since my wedding in September and to my horror found that I have gained almost 10 lbs!! I knew I had gained some b/c I could feel it in my clothes. My husband and I lived in seperate towns for the 4 months prior to the wedding. This made it was really easy to eat good. I'm a little over 5'7" and currently weigh 147 as of this morning. I have a pretty small frame but do have quite a bit of muslce. I'd like to get down to around 135.

I find it very challenging to eat well at night. I do very good during the day and then my husband love when I make HUGE dinners so I always end up overeating. I also have a big time sweet tooth and my husband has definitely developed one as well. I try to go to the gym 4-5 times a week, but some times when I get home from work I'm so exhausted that I have no motivation to go at all. I've tried going before work but I need to go to bed by 9 so I can get close to 8 hours of sleep. My husband hates when I go to bed so early b/c we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together during the week. It just seems like there are so many things that get in th way....

Anyone else feel like this??
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    I feel the same way kjensen. My fiance loves big suppers and is a very picky eater. when we have pasta it has to be alfredo sauce no tomato anything for him. so i usualy make both but always end up putting some alfredo in with my tomato :grumble:
    Anyway I easily lost 25 lbs in 4 months when he was working in a different city but now living back together i have put 15 back on so that is how I ended up on here!
  • mamaisis09
    Options

Great job!!! I'm looking forward to receiving my HRM in the mail!! I can hardly wait :)

I used my HRM (Polar FT60) for the first time today, after programming it last night. 50 minutes of running, 10 minutes of warm up and cool down, and 5.8 miles later and I have burned 780 calories per the HRM. About 100 calories more than MFP had calculated!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    i got another 500 grams this week :) not sure what that is in pounds.. will try very hard not to put it back on over the weekend :)
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Hey girls.

Did an Insanity Max workout today, a bit of yoga, and some walking. All in all a great day. I have a ton of cals left today, but I just ate a big bowl of fresh pineapple (YUM!) and really felt like I had to force that down. Not sure why, as I seldom get to that point unless I really overeat.

What kind of workout is everyone doing?

What is your favorite meal or snack?

1. Yoga, yoga and more yoga :smile:
    2.Loving Japanese seaweed salad right now (high in sodium though). I am a vegetarian, so anything "ethnic." I am especially fond of hummus...even if it is loaded with garlic (poor hubby).
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning, I have been avoiding it because I know I have not been doing well with the eating, I was up 3.5 lbs.
    I am kinda tempted to just let it all go until the first of the year, I am so busy and there are holiday parties and retirement parties and so much going on, I don't know when I would have time to work out!
    I drank so much this weekend, if I logged all the calories I would probably be shocked!
    How's everyone else doing? staying motivated through December or just trying to maintain?
    I am not doing any workout-I finished Gateway to 8k and then I did two days of 30DS last week.
    My favorite meal or snack? I am making slow-cook oatmeal for breakfast this week, I mixed up enough for the whole week, I add rasins and almonds. Did you know this stuff has 6 grams of protein? I had no idea it was that high (without anything added). I am loving greek yogurt too, chobani, it's so creamy and yummy.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

I used my HRM (Polar FT60) for the first time today, after programming it last night. 50 minutes of running, 10 minutes of warm up and cool down, and 5.8 miles later and I have burned 780 calories per the HRM. About 100 calories more than MFP had calculated!

Make sure you are subtracting the calories you would've burned just "sitting" from your exercise calories that your Polar HRM tells you. You don't want to be eating back too many exercise calories or misinterpreting how much you burned from just EXERCISE. Read my blog post, it'll tell you everything you need to know to calculate it!! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mollydolly10/view/hrm-subtracting-cal-burned-from-rest-total-cal-burned-from-exercise-alone-45676
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi! I fit in with all of you guys. I am 5'6" and currently weigh 147. When I got married 9 1/2 years ago I weight 130. I would love to get back down to 130! After having 4 children I am thrilled to be where I am now, but my baby is 15 months now so it is time to concentrate on myself for a little while. And maybe I can give my husband a body worth getting excited about! :)
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    bump! I'm in!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    The burn felt amazing and just when I thought I couldn't do any more, Jillian would say something annoying in that wretched voice of hers that would just piss me off and make me push even further.

LMAO! I love it! :laugh:

LOL, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it helps to curse at the TV too.........
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    This is definetely me, I am proud to say. One year ago I was tipping the scales at 156, I am 5ft 1. I am now down to 134, and I'd like to be at 125. When I am at my happy weight, I tend to be at the higher end of the "healthy range" for BMI, because I have a muscular build, and I am ok with that. So it's really just those last 10 lbs that won't go away.

I joined a gym at the beginning of last month and did manage to drop 4 lbs and lose some inches, so I know I need to practice patience. Plus it's winter, ugh! I just got a Fitbit, and want to make my 10000 steps each day, but on days I don't go to the gym I don't make that goal because I have a desk job, and I don't want to wear a hole in my carpet circling my dining room table!
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm in too! At 5'8 I'm 144.6 right now and I'd love to get back down to 135. That's the weight I was at for the past few years until I started a desk job. I know I'm not technically overweight at all, but it's hard when you gain after being a pretty consistent weight for years. None of my clothes fit right, so I hate getting dressed every morning. I also find that I dress to cover myself up rather than to show certain features off.

I can diet hardcore and lose the weight but I can never keep it off because my extreme dieting antics are simply not sustainable :( I just joined MFP a week ago and am pretty pumped about adopting a healthier lifestyle.

On a different note, how do I "join" this group/thread, as some other posters mentioned? Do I simply comment to be added?
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if its not to late. I am 5'8 and I weigh 150lbs. I would like to get down to 140 - 145ish and tone, tone, tone. My stomach and my thighs especially. It wouldn't hurt to have a nice rounded, toned behind ....

Good luck everyone.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey girls.

Did an Insanity Max workout today, a bit of yoga, and some walking. All in all a great day. I have a ton of cals left today, but I just ate a big bowl of fresh pineapple (YUM!) and really felt like I had to force that down. Not sure why, as I seldom get to that point unless I really overeat.

What kind of workout is everyone doing?

What is your favorite meal or snack?

1. Yoga, yoga and more yoga :smile:
    2.Loving Japanese seaweed salad right now (high in sodium though). I am a vegetarian, so anything "ethnic." I am especially fond of hummus...even if it is loaded with garlic (poor hubby).

I have been doing cardio about 2x a week and a boot camp 3x a week.

My fav meal has always been pasta and anything but since I have cut pasta ... I now love steak and veggies.