not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• mcrawley22
    Options
    welcome to the new folks, I am glad we could start this again. I hope we can support each other and share our tips and tricks for success. I don't have any tricks per se, just trying to eat and exercise and have a deficit of calories.
    I am going to Domincan Republic in February and want to look good in a bikini.
    I'll repeat what was said in the other thread and that's just that it takes time and consistency when you are close to goal weight, the calorie-deficit is small and the difference between losing and maintaining is only 200 calories for some of us who aren't going below 1200 cals/day. -3500 is one pound of fat, so a -200 daily deficit, well, it takes about 17.5 days to lose one pound of fat! but it's not all a science and losing weight is a personal thing. So if a cheat day works, if a fasting day works, do what works for you.

I'm going to DR at the end of Feb too!! I want to lose about 15 lbs but mostly I want to lose inches and feel good in "summer clothes" and wear a bathing suit! I've been with my fiance since I was 17 (11 years now) and he has never seen me in a bathing suit. I'm 5'2" and 147 lbs, which means I'm a little over the "healthy weight" for my height. People tell me oh no need to lose weight! you look good! but as everyone in this thread is saying....might look ok in clothes, but not without them or in a bathing suit! lol
    this thread seems like great motivation. thanks for starting it!
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

I'm 5'2" (with shoes on!) and I'm trying to lose 17 lbs. 17 doesn't seem like a WHOLE lot, but on a small body it's a lot!

I'm also just trying to trim a little fat, but mostly build and tone some muscle!
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I posted on the original thread an intro, but I'll do it again here.

I'm 5'5" and weigh 142. My goal is 128, but would like to be 125. I was 128 when I got married and now after 2 kids with working and a husband who likes good food, it is difficult to drop those last 14 pounds.

Honestly, I think it is hard b/c I *am* in the "healthy" range and so when I want something bad for me, I rationalize it by saying "Oh, you aren't 'overweight' anyways, so it won't hurt you." I fall into that trap all the time. I too am plannign on kicking it into full gear come January. I know I should jump on it now, instead though.
  • jayjayingram
    Options
    I fit in the range. I think to fit into Oz size 12 will be just great. One day maybe a size 10 (wow that would be amazing)I have about 10kgs still to loose. I am back into most of my size 14 clothes. I just had a weigh in and measure and I have lost 2cms round my waist, and gained bicep muscle. Woo! Got keep hold of the little things :)

I am 164cm and Weight 73.5kgs
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Perfect thread for me! I am trying to lose 8lbs and most definitely tone my entire body.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i SUPER wish i could join this thread, and maybe one day i will!!! but sadly i am too fat :(
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Perfect thread for me! I'm 5'3" at 121, trying to get back to 110-113. :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have to say that it's not all that easy to lose the final 10.. And can be very discouraging at times.
  • LanakilaGirl
    LanakilaGirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's nice to not feel alone. I'm 5'0 and extremely active. I tend to bounce around anywhere from 103 to 115 (it's REALLY frustrating). I have a hard time knowing what and how much to eat, not to mention, I'm a big time stress eater. MFP has really helped me a lot. It's nice to see how how many calories I need and how much I burn off in a day.

I'm tired of getting harassed by people that think being thin is easy for me. I'm tired of getting teased at family parties because I watch what I eat.

Thank you for starting this thread!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have to say that it's not all that easy to lose the final 10.. And can be very discouraging at times.

So true!!! I burn over 600 calories a day through intense exercise, and lately that number has been closer to 800. If I were grossly overweight, the pounds and inches would melt away fast doing all this since I eat a good balanced diet too...but those last 10 are going NOWHERE! I was at my goal back in 2008, then I had some rollercoaster emotional issues to deal with which is why I bumped back up to where I am now. And I can't seem to get back down to where I was even if I eat the exact same things and do the exact same exercises I did to get to the goal (I keep journals and have them going back to 2007...it's my little bout of OCD, I suppose).

Next time someone tells me that I look fine and don't need to lose any more, I might not be able to contain myself when it comes to not slapping them. Haha, J/K, but seriously, it is sooo frustrating cause no matter what the goal is, when you are not there yet, we ALL need support, help, and motivation instead of the naysayers.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    I guess I count now... I lost like 24 pounds, still looking to lose 10-15 but mostly concerned with feeling less flab-tastic :)
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I'm glad there are so many of us!!!
  • sophandra
    sophandra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'd love to join in!

Me: 5'11"
    SW: 170
    CW: 158
    Goal 140-155

My lowest weight in my short adult life was 155, so I'm not exactly sure what I want my goal to be. All I know is that when I started mfp around 165lbs, my measurements were the same they are now, and I've been on an month-long plateau. It is driving me crazy!

Good luck all
  • amysambora
    Options
    I introduced myself in the old thread just before it disappeared, so I'll say hi again here :) I'm an Aussie girl looking to get rid of about 10kg.

I love how there are so many of us on here! Together we can do it!

I'm 5'3"
    SW: 70kg / 154lb
    CW: 63kg / 138lb
    Mini goal: 60kg / 132lb
    Ultimate goal: 56kg / 123lb

Sticking to 1200 cals seems to work for me so far...fingers crossed I can keep it up!
  • ZeOphelia
    ZeOphelia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! You guys rock, by the way.

I'm 5' 9.5

CW: 155
    GW: 140

I'm in a healthy BMI at the moment and I have a fair amount of muscle, but I just don't feel as though this is the weight my body will feel good at. I started at 161 and already I feel so much better. I can just imagine what 140 will feel like. I haven't weighed that much since I was thirteen.
  • determined99
    Options
    I feel like can relate to most of you!

I'm 5.4' and currently at 132 pounds..I would like to get to 125 at least and then i will make a new goal...

good luck everyone this is not easy but together we can do it :flowerforyou:
  • holly71
    holly71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This thread sounds great. I joined this site a year ago come this January and have lost 43 pounds so far and have been struggling to loose the last 15-20 pounds. I am 5'8 --- 167 pounds and would like to be 145-150 by March break. I actually wanted to be that by now but don't see that happening. So, I hope this thread provides me with some support to get to my goal wieght before March Break. Can't wait to meet all of you through this site.

Lets go girls !!! We can do it !!!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    this sounds like a good group, i'm 5'7" and currently 152lbs and want to be between 135 and 140lbs. I'm a mad keen runner and love to do at least one race a month - in the good weather - and really want to tone up all over especially the dreaded tummy area.

after gaining 70+ lbs in my first pregnancy, losing 55lbs before finding out i was pregnant again, gaining only 20lbs I still have to lose 15-20lbs from 4 years ago!

wishing everyone luck with their goals.
    sarah
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Maybe this should be called skinny girls getting skinnier! Some of you are at a starting weight of where I would want to be, but you still want to lose more! I'm 5'6" and weigh 153 and have been trying to get to 145 forever. I've been building noticeable muscle so I'm not all discouraged. I know everyone carries their weight differently but to see people taller than me, wanting to get down into the 120's....I don't see why. Guess I'd rather keep some womanly curves.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    good thread :) im 5'4" my heaviest weight was almost 130 pounds and now im 109 :) aim = 105 :)